Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:14:37 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Times You Should Have Lied But Didn't « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Times You Should Have Lied But Didn't  (Read 2807 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »

"Well of course it'll hurt, honey, the doctor's going to shove a needle into your thigh muscles." (All right, I never said that, but I thought it, God help me, when my five-year-old daughter asked for the billionth time driving to the pediatrician, "Will it hurt, Mommy?")

But here's a true one....

A friend of mine in high school pushed me into finding out why this girl he liked was avoiding him after they went together for two weeks, and she dodged the question til I said to her, "Look, just tell me so I can put him out of his misery about you, okay?"

So she did and I repeated it almost verbatim back to him: "She said she thinks you're not mature enough for her because you don't have a car yet and she had to drive you everywhere, you complained non-stop about your mom so she got sick of it and thinks you're a momma's boy, she doesn't like anime as much as you do and that's all you ever wanted to show her, plus she said someone needs to teach you how to kiss because you're not good at it, and she's pretty sure you weren't telling the truth about not being a virgin, and that's one of the reasons she never did it with you along with the fact that she said your hair was dirty and smelled like sandalwood stick incense."

Yep, should've lied then.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »

YOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, you should've lied on that one.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:39:38 PM »

Every time I've ever been arressted-and I been arressted a lot. When I tell the truth-I go to jail. I always told the truth.
"Did you kick that trash can down main street?"
"yes"
I go to jail. I been to jail for the stupidest s**t.
AND!-when they ask me-"did you do this s**t?" I say-to my freinds-YES! It was FUN!" to the cops- I say "f**k NO!"
I learned to lie to cops.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:41:38 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:36:03 PM »

Well, there was that time my wife asked how her new perm looked . . . and I started humming circus music.
Seriously, it was a clown 'do if I ever saw one!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »

there are times when a lie is honorable. If you were harboring a Jewish person during the Nazi era would you feel you had to tell the truth to the Nazi? Of course not.

and yet...this same justification can be perverted to turn everyone you like into "nazis" and your own wrongdoing into "Jews" if that makes any sense
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:42 PM »

there are times when a lie is honorable. If you were harboring a Jewish person during the Nazi era would you feel you had to tell the truth to the Nazi? Of course not.

and yet...this same justification can be perverted to turn everyone you like into "nazis" and your own wrongdoing into "Jews" if that makes any sense

It only makes sense in a very caveman basic way. Trump-our president-thinks lying is the way of life-he did it as a business man to make money. Now he does it just because he knows his base supporters wear tin foil hats. He's so smart-because he thinks his core base is stupid.  He's right. His core base is stupid-or evil. He's f**king EVIL rich TV show f**ker. God damn-Republicans-wake up! This man is destroying the legacy of Ronald Reagan-he is MAKING YOU A JOKE.No-I never wanted f**king Hillary Clinton President-I wanted Bernie Sanders. Trump? This is insane-his first 21/2 months? He dumped his reform on Obama care-he's ass buddys with Putin. Guess what-Trump Republicans-you all American Heros-TRUMP LOVES COMMIE! I bet Chuck Norris would kick your commie asses!

HAHAHA! The Irony!
His stupidy will bite him in the ass-it already is. His Russian tax shelters are about to get splayed.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:47:22 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 02:08:35 PM »

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »

A long time ago a "friend" to my family accused me of snitching Christmas cookies from her many tins of work.  They were delicious; I was about 10 or 11.  I should have lied... it never occurs to me, even all those years ago.  AND when I have lied, it was always to protect someone's feelings.  I think I have lied well only trying to protect someone.  I am a terrible liar and have never made a practice of it.  I do think that some acting can be like lying, like telling a joke, but if it's a performance and not purported to be truth (even if so in a context) the performer's integrity as a person can be untarnished. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 09:01:46 PM »

"No, but it was okay."

Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 05:18:13 AM »

A few years back, my girlfriend was doing the usual harping about her weight, and I'd had enough.  No, she didn't need to lose weight, she was fine as she was, and if anything, she could stand to gain some muscle.  And I wasn't putting up with any annoying fishing for compliments or reassurance, either.  So when she asked me this for the umpteenth time, I said this with a completely straight face, without even looking up from my tea.

"Archivist, do you think I need to lose weight?"

"Not at all.  I've fxxked many fatties in my time."

She stopped asking that question for a good month.  Bliss.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »

A few years back, my girlfriend was doing the usual harping about her weight, and I'd had enough.  No, she didn't need to lose weight, she was fine as she was, and if anything, she could stand to gain some muscle.  And I wasn't putting up with any annoying fishing for compliments or reassurance, either.  So when she asked me this for the umpteenth time, I said this with a completely straight face, without even looking up from my tea.

"Archivist, do you think I need to lose weight?"

"Not at all.  I've fxxked many fatties in my time."

She stopped asking that question for a good month.  Bliss.

Holy Heaven, dude, and your testicles didn't end up somewhere near your spleen?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »

RC-
He's so smart

I agree
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 11:32:08 PM »

(derails the thread into a rant about Trump)

Like a dog on a bone, man, just keep gnawing and gnawing away....

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Times You Should Have Lied But Didn't « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.