Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:50 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  from dusk till dawn « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: from dusk till dawn  (Read 1974 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 25, 2017, 05:06:09 PM »

this movie hasnt aged well. i remember liking it when it first came out, or at least up until the vampires. tarantino plays a descent perverted little brother to george clooneys bad-ass older brother. throw in a little harvey keitel, some  juliette lewis, a pinch of selma hayek, half a teaspoon of danny trejo, and 3 cups of cheech marin. voila! thats some tasty 90s crap!

i just rewatched this since seeing it when it came out around '96. its kind of fun and cheesy. selma hayeks table dance still does something for me, you only  see her for about 5 minutes though. tom savinis also in this with his "penis gun". yes, those are the two things that hold this movie together: selmas table dance and toms penis gun.

it seems as if this movie was just thrown together with hardly any production or writing. i imagine that tarantino and clooney in the midst of a 90s bro-mance were hanging out one day getting high,

"we should make a movie together!"
"yeah that would be cool!"
"lets make it about bank robbers! bank robbers that fight vampires! at a biker bar!"
"hell yeah!"
"we should do it now! right now!"
"yeah!"
"lets call harvey, hes cool!"

exterminate all rational thought.....
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »

Haven't seen From Dusk Til Dawn for some years now, but it seemed like a good old fashioned schlockfest at the time.  The scripting and characterization is a bit off the wall, as it starts like a heist, then becomes a murder thriller, and then explodes in a crazy vampire free for all.  I hadn't heard much about the movie at the time and was really surprised when all the vampire antics happened.

I didn't realize that was Tom Savini with the penis gun!  Although those five minutes with Salma Hayek still give me a thrill.  Lord, she was (and still is) attractive.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »

Anyone seen the TV show? I haven't but am wondering what it's like. I enjoyed this, a bit of chaotic fun, though like most movies I think it could be better without Tarantino acting in it ;)

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »

Anyone seen the TV show? I haven't but am wondering what it's like. I enjoyed this, a bit of chaotic fun, though like most movies I think it could be better without Tarantino acting in it ;)

The first episode followed the movie pretty closely, but it wasn't engaging enough for me to stick with it.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
claws
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 01:28:06 PM »

Salma's dance scene is iconic, and it has since become a cult film  Cheers

I love FDTD. The soundtrack is cool and I sometimes even quote the movie  Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  from dusk till dawn « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.