Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:32:58 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the ZODIAC KILLER (1971) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the ZODIAC KILLER (1971)  (Read 2836 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 15, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »

Some shmuck on the iMDB reviews called this "Silly,misogynistic and dull." First 2-yes. Dull? Not even. I was pulled into this little sick piece of speculative fiction....like the killer's Lemmy like fixation with the rabbits,George.

It is VERY misogynistic-like to a bizzare Twilight Zone degree-and Doodles Weaver as a horny old basterd.
OH! and it's basically a slasher movie before they're were slasher movies. And the fact that this was made as the Zodiac was still killing people makes it extra special. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.  Smile

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:30:39 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:40:37 AM »

I found this radio spot on youtube. I remember hearing a radio spot for the VAMPIRE LOVERS (1970)My Dadand Mary Jo went to see it.I was 8. I had to babysit 5 kids.
This movie-for me at least-seemed like the 70's I remember. Every one smoked and drank. And did drugs.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 04:43:59 AM »

I saw it again on TCM on Demand-it's free if ya got cable TV.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »

I watched this on TCM recently; they dont make 'em like this anymore! So bizarre in parts that it was compelling viewing..that Grover character with his bad wig was one one the film's highlights. "No one calls me a bald headed bastard and gets away with it!" Just hilarious dialogue.. Smile
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 04:10:24 AM »

Classic exploitation.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 07:21:25 AM »

A Blu-Ray/DVD double set of this film is coming out in July of this year. I already have my copy on order.

Here are some of the details:  http://fantasticfest.com/films/zodiac-killer-presented-by-agfa-and-something-strange/

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »

A Blu-Ray/DVD double set of this film is coming out in July of this year. I already have my copy on order.

Here are some of the details:  http://fantasticfest.com/films/zodiac-killer-presented-by-agfa-and-something-strange/

Cool!  Thumbup
My favorite part of the movie is when Zodiac slams the lady's head under the car hood-and then jumps up and down on it to make good and sure she's dead!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:28:56 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 02:46:22 PM »

Cool!  Thumbup
My favorite part of the movie is when Zodiac slams the lady's head in the under the car roof-and then jumps up and down on it to make good and sure she's dead!

We must be related because that is my favorite scene as well. First time I saw this movie, I damn near passed out laughing at that scene.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »

I just re-watched this again last night.

Some parts are just goofy, like stabbing the girl to death on the sidewalk while the killer wore a wig and Groucho glasses, nose, and mustache.

The bulk of it was a bit stiff, but it still managed to create a rather uncomfortable air of menace. Any time he spends a few minutes dealing with the victims before killing them, the movie makes your skin crawl just a smidge.

I am definitely looking forward to the restored version in July. Doubt there will be much, if any, new material, but hopefully it will look better.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the ZODIAC KILLER (1971) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.