Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:20:12 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The "New" Online Confessional « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The "New" Online Confessional  (Read 13993 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »

When I was twenty-one I started plotting a murder.

This man had unintentionally caused someone I loved to die, and in my extended and all-possessing grief I found my thoughts turning toward striking out against him.

(snip)

in time I went on to meet this man and pay him a thousand dollars to tell me about that day from his perspective, .

Damn, ER, n/o but your life sometimes sounds like a 10 part mini-series that I've just walked into episode five of...

This whole brings up so many questions, but I'm not sure you'd actually want to talk about of them..

Ha!

I think I just have a gift for making the mundane sound dramatic. In less grandiose terms, there was a fatal car wreck that left me grieving over loss, after that I used to think all kinds of thoughts, some of them cruel, and one day I wanted to know more, so I tried to get the one witness to it all to tell me, but that was the last thing he wanted to recall, so I paid him to tell me what went on that day, and he finally did. Shrug.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 01:11:04 AM »

I'm kind of curious what you guys thought of my confession http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,148734.msg580388.html#msg580388

Did I maybe go too far and was a bit too mean with what I said to the guy?  

I don't know, I'm one of these types that's tend to re-play far too many moments in my life.  I don't know.. looking back on it, I don't hold any real malice to the guy, I mean, he had a bad crap happen in his life and I wish him the best, but that day I think I just ran out of patience.  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:42:33 AM by AoTFan » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »

I'm kind of curious what you guys thought of my confession http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,148734.msg580388.html#msg580388

Did I maybe go to far or was a bit too mean with what I said to the guy? 

I don't know, I'm one of these types that's tend to re-play far too many moments in my life.  I don't know.. looking back on it, I don't hold any real malice to the guy, I mean, he had a bad crap happen in his life and I wish him the best, but that day I think I just ran out of patience. 

Without knowing more about the person to whom you said that, or your past relationship, or your own temperament, I would have to say it sounds fairly mild as far as antagonism goes, and it seems warranted if he ignored you like you say he did. Unless you wake up and find him standing over your bed with a length of wire, or unless he goes and jumps off a bridge after mentioning this conversation in his note, I'd not be too concerned.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »

A good friend occasionally reminds me that he sums me up by saying I am "high-maintenance, but worth it" and I must confess, I think that's as flattering as it is no doubt accurate.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 01:09:17 AM »

Did I maybe go too far and was a bit too mean with what I said to the guy?  

I don't know, I'm one of these types that's tend to re-play far too many moments in my life.  I don't know.. looking back on it, I don't hold any real malice to the guy, I mean, he had a bad crap happen in his life and I wish him the best, but that day I think I just ran out of patience.  

Stop worrying. Based on what you said, the guy sounds like a bit of a douche. If the guy didn't want to be bothered in general, he should have made that clear while moving in. "I'm not very sociable, so, unless it is important, just kinda pretend I'm not here, even if I am."

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 05:22:07 AM »

I was in a situation once where I had a roommate who I didn't get along with so well.  In my humble opinion, I tried really hard to talk to and find a bridge to connect to him with, but it just didn't seem to work.  I remember one time I went into the room and, noticing he was reading something, I asked, "Hey, man, what are you reading?"

No answer.

I figured maybe he didn't hear me, so I repeated myself, louder this time.

Still no answer.

Then I repeated a third time, and I have to admit, I was getting a little annoyed.  I find someone deliberately ignoring me like that to be a bit off-putting, to say the least.

So, I repeated myself and he replies, "If I didn't answer you the first time, what makes you think I'm going to answer the next three?"

And I'm like, "Well, what's the deal, why are you ignoring me?"

"Cause you're being nosy.  It's none of your business what I'm reading."

I'm like, "I'm not being nosy, it's called, 'Trying to make conversation.'"

"No, you're just being nosy!"  

After a bit of back and forth, I said, "Look, if you don't want to talk to me, why don't you just say something like, 'Gee, Mike, I'm sorry, I don't feel like talking right now.' You know, that would be the polite thing to do."

And he's all, "I shouldn't have to, you should just quit being nosey."

So, I got frustrated, and I said, "Fine, you don't want me to talk to you?  I won't.  You can just sulk there in silence, I don't care anymore."

And here, I admit, I may have went too far...

"Just remember this though, years from now when you're sitting at the nursing home in your old age, dying, and you look around and wonder why NO ONE'S come to visit you, I want you to remember this conversation."  

I don't think you went too far-

If he talked to me that way I woulda  drop kicked the book outta his hands. "You wanna be rude! THIS IS RUDE!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 04:07:56 PM »

I once had a coworker who I just wasn't getting on with. He often made comments about immigrants and having a wife from another country I took exception to this. After we'd had a raging arguement about it, things started getting moved around on my desk or going missing, but only after he'd been in the office by himself.

One of his issues was that he was a hygine freak and would often wash his hands with a bottle of liquid soap. One day while I was in the office I took his bottle, poured some of the contents down the toilet, and then... refilled it.

For weeks afterwards, everytime I saw him clean his hands with this gel I had a very satisfied smile on my face.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »

I once had a coworker who I just wasn't getting on with. He often made comments about immigrants and having a wife from another country I took exception to this. After we'd had a raging arguement about it, things started getting moved around on my desk or going missing, but only after he'd been in the office by himself.

One of his issues was that he was a hygine freak and would often wash his hands with a bottle of liquid soap. One day while I was in the office I took his bottle, poured some of the contents down the toilet, and then... refilled it.

For weeks afterwards, everytime I saw him clean his hands with this gel I had a very satisfied smile on my face.

Your co-worker should know, Americans aren't immigrants, Americans are infiltrators. Keep an eye on your wife, she's likely setting up plans to annex part of Scotland.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 11:43:11 AM »

Your co-worker should know, Americans aren't immigrants, Americans are infiltrators. Keep an eye on your wife, she's likely setting up plans to annex part of Scotland.

If you get rid of Trump you can annex the whole lot away from the UK and I wouldn't complain.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 11:55:17 AM »

One time (when I wasn't in band camp) I was trying to buy a pack of Christmas cards at a self-scan kiosk at the Hallmark Store in Florence Mall, and the kiosk malfunctioned after I'd put in ten dollars, and the attendant came over and said she'd give me my money back, and she handed me fifteen dollars (three fives)....and I sort of didn't even realize (honestly) what she'd done til it was over and then I knew I had been given five dollars too much but it was Christmas and Florence Mall was busy and that lady instantly turned to help someone else, so I took a few tentative, guilty steps away, looking back, perfectly ready to admit the mistake if she looked, but she didn't, so I took a few more steps and before you knew it was across the mall heading back to the center courtyard with its stone animals all under these overhanging colorful dowels, where I was to meet everyone with whom I'd come, feeling like I had just done something awful but I kept walking and never did go give her the five extra dollars back, knowing I was an opportunistic  thief, and to this day I wonder if that woman maybe got in trouble when her cash drawer came up short back in the Christmas of 1988.

That was when I was nine (very close to turning ten) and I still feel ashamed and have put all number of five dollar bills into poor boxes and street musicians' guitar cases, thinking that is for that five, but I still know it was wrong of me not to speak up when I realized her mistake, even if I try to rationalize and say, well, I have likely paid that forward ten times over.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »

Was randomly thinking there that I've managed to break 9 of the 10 commandments.

Number one: I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me. Yup, given I was at one point ordained as a druid priest.
Number two: You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments. See number one. And if any god would curse a child for what his parents did, then he isn't worth my worship.
Number three: You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. Pretty guilty here too.
Number four: Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. Sunday is my day for getting work done and out my way. Its also my roleplaying day.
Number five: Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. Ok, well I love my mum, so I might get 1/2 a point here, but quite frankly I'd p**s on my fathers grave if only he'd do the decent thing and die. Respect has to be earned, not demanded.
Number six: You shall not murder. Hmm, been a soldier for 16 years and seen 5 wars so far. You do the maths here.
Number seven: You shall not commit adultery. Not cheated on any of my partners, but I have had married women so I can't exactly claim innocence here.
Number eight: You shall not steal. Uhm... well no one is perfect and I was a child once upon a time. Nothing since then that I can recall.
Number nine: You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. This is the one I haven't actually done.
Number ten: You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbour's. Yeah, number seven gets me here as a twofer. I definitely coveted her ass.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 06:55:03 PM »

How about the Seven Deadly Sins, wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony? Oh, who am I trying to kid, everyone has done them all, sometimes in the same incident.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »

When I was three I kissed a black Santa Claus. Gee, now I can never be the first honorary Jew to join the KKK.

AoTFan

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

Number one: I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me. Yup, given I was at one point ordained as a druid priest.
Number six: You shall not murder. Hmm, been a soldier for 16 years and seen 5 wars so far. You do the maths here.

Well, technically it's translated more accurately as "Thou Shall Not Commit Murder" i.e. the intentional killing of an innocent.

BTW you're a Druid Priest?  That's interesting.  I know a guy who was an ordained Pagan minister once (although I'm not exactly sure what that means either...)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 09:57:28 PM »

Oh, goodie, I missed this thread!

Okay, really quick gross true confession here.

Years ago I was living with this guy and we were talking about whether or not comets brought bad luck. I said that was crazy. He said that was crazier. Joined in perfect agreement we walked outside and looked up and there above us in the firmament was the lovely fan-brush shape of Hale-Bopp comet, so nice! If you weren't there to see it, you missed out.

Then we walked back in and I said I was hungry, so I fixed a bagel and came back to the living room and right as I took my first bite there was this news story about some asinine UFO cult in San Diego called Heaven's Gate, who had committed mass suicide because they thought Hale-Bopp comet signified the end of the world (joke's on them, right?) with a local woman being among their number.

Naturally the guy I was living with and I stopped and stared in entertained fascination to hear about these numbf**ks out in California offing themselves---oh, bonus time, the men were all castrated, too!---and we were laughing our heads off, this was classic stuff, but then it showed a close-up of someone's dead hand poking out of the ritual shroud that had been laid atop him, and honestly, his hand was swollen and BLUE.

Who wants to see that s**t, right?

Well, needless to say after beholding that I did not care for that bagel anymore, so I set it on the entertainment center, but it rolled off and hit the floor and I left it there (hey, I'm from the Slacker Generation), and we went into our bedroom for the night.

Next morning I got up late and was in a hurry and was starving, so I picked the bagel up off the floor where it had been for about ten hours, and ate it on the way to my high school.

Glad that's off my chest.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:20:44 PM by ER » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The "New" Online Confessional « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.