Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:27 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the void « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the void  (Read 3524 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 10, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »

This looks really good! Im looking forward to seeing it. Its an indie horror film that hopefully will be out within a month, it may be out in canada. If anybody knows anything specific about the release, please post. It looks a bit like an 80s horror throw back, its usually described as an hp lovecraft meets the thing. The trailer looks promising, with really gory practical effects and triangles, i love me some triangles! Watch the trailer on youtube!

exterminate all rational thought.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »

I know it's from two of the guys from Astron-6, who usually do Troma-like spoofs (FATHER'S DAY, MANBORG). This is their first take on serious, non-comedy horror. I have an e-mail press release somewhere I could possibly dig up (but my reviewer e-mail account is on a different computer from the one I'm posting on now).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:23 PM »

It looks pretty good.  Thumbup

(NSFW due to language)
Small | Large

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:37:40 AM »

Its available on iTunes and Amazon in the UK. Would be surprised if you couldn't get it everywhere else as well now (watched it Saturday morning).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 07:23:08 AM »

Lots of hype for that one but I'm game. German Blu streets in May so I'll pick it up then.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 10:33:15 AM »

I see so many different release dates online that its a little confusing. I dont have access to amazon or itunes but if  its out in the uk it should be released here soon.

Dark alex - what your opinion on this movie?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »

I enjoyed it and thought it was worth the £10 I paid for it. It has a lot of influences from other movies, but in a good way (The Thing, Event Horizon, Assault on Precienct 13, Hellraiser, Prince Of Darkness to name a few) all mixed in with a dose of Lovecraft. Generally it was well acted, although it does have a couple of patchy bits. Nothing that spoiled it though. Its not going to be to everyones taste and it had a few things I wish had been developed more, but I'd recommend watching it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »

I enjoyed it and thought it was worth the £10 I paid for it. It has a lot of influences from other movies, but in a good way (The Thing, Event Horizon, Assault on Precienct 13, Hellraiser, Prince Of Darkness to name a few) all mixed in with a dose of Lovecraft. Generally it was well acted, although it does have a couple of patchy bits. Nothing that spoiled it though. Its not going to be to everyones taste and it had a few things I wish had been developed more, but I'd recommend watching it.

I rented this from Amazon, my thoughts are basically identical.  I liked it, but wish a few bits had been more developed and fleshed out, maybe a few other bits tightened - but it's very much worth a watch.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 08:13:45 AM »

I finally saw this on NETFLIX last night - outstanding!  The most effective horror movie I have seen since THE LAST SHIFT, which it incidentally resembled in some ways.  Creepy, atmospheric, Lovecraftian, just all around great!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 10:40:36 AM »

I finally saw this movie! I snagged a copy from ebay. This movie movie was hard to find for awhile and overpriced! There was a part that i missed in the beginning where the nurse/cops ex-wife was having some sort of visions. It was a dream like sequence with clouds, then the video paused while the audio continued to play. I went into a violent rage, cursed the dvd and after many attemps to get it to play, i realized that i had a bad copy....maybe a bootleg. So i had to skip to the next chapture to finish the movie. Anyway, i thougjt this movie was great! It could have been fleshed out a little better but considering that this movie was a project and made on a nothing budget, it is amazing.

It left me with a somewhat sick and dreadful feeling. Thats a sign of a good horror movie! Very atmospheric with some disturbing creature designs. I hope to see a sequel so this story can be expanded on.

kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »

I finally saw this movie! I snagged a copy from ebay. This movie movie was hard to find for awhile and overpriced! There was a part that i missed in the beginning where the nurse/cops ex-wife was having some sort of visions. It was a dream like sequence with clouds, then the video paused while the audio continued to play. I went into a violent rage, cursed the dvd and after many attemps to get it to play, i realized that i had a bad copy....maybe a bootleg. So i had to skip to the next chapture to finish the movie. Anyway, i thougjt this movie was great! It could have been fleshed out a little better but considering that this movie was a project and made on a nothing budget, it is amazing.

It left me with a somewhat sick and dreadful feeling. Thats a sign of a good horror movie! Very atmospheric with some disturbing creature designs. I hope to see a sequel so this story can be expanded on.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the void « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.