Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:32:51 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Huffington Post's Incredibly Racist Article « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Huffington Post's Incredibly Racist Article  (Read 15250 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 13, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/shelley-garland/could-it-be-time-to-deny-white-men-the-franchise_a_22036640/

I'm angry. I'm angry, I'm sad, I have a headache, and this happens so often
The fact articles like these crop up so often makes me ashamed of the human race.

I feel nothing but hate for the people that propagate this racist dog s**t.
I wish nothing but misfortune upon the authors of this piece and the degenerates that agree with it.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »

Just when you think people can't get any stupider. Seriously, we should have a whole month, nay, a whole season each year, dedicated to extolling and thanking white men for all they have done for the human race. Actually everyone on the planet should wake up every day and thank white men for their contributions to the good of our species, which outweighs the collective sum of that contributed by all other races, and by my own gender in all three races. The discrimination against Caucasian males in vogue these days reminds me of the old Jewish saying, "Why do you hate me? What good have I ever done for you?"

I'll repeat a list I made a few years ago of white male contributions, which include but are not limited to:

Parliamentary democracy, the internal combustion engine, the scientific method, vaccinations, motion pictures, calculus, basketball, the light bulb, the Olympic games, photography, the birth control pill, the computer, the arch, nitrogenized agriculture, free public education, domed structures, soap, Gothic architecture, universal suffrage, the United Nations, interchangeable typefaces, radio, the science of genetics, the measurement of longitude, the domestication of the horse, newspapers, the aqueduct, the assembly line, western medicine, the weekend, the concept of "crimes against humanity", heavier-than-air flight, advanced optometry, animation, the idea of innocence until guilt is established, canned foodstuffs, expressway off-ramps, efforts to define basic human rights, controlled nuclear fission, and the word "ethnomasochism".

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

Wow... just... wow.

I've always known the Huff Post was garbage, but still, this just blows it right out of the water.  

And what's crazy is a lot of people will, with a straight face, say it isn't racist because "White people aren't oppressed" (or some variation thereof.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:27:57 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »

Years ago I had an 8th grade student who might charitably be described as intellectually challenged (because teachers aren't allowed to say "dumber than a bag of hammers"). She thought being "ghetto" was far cooler than being educated about U.S. History.  One time she asked me "What good have white people ever done anyway?"

I listed things for five minutes straight and was still going when the bell rang. As she left she was muttering something about rap being cooler than "all that crap."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »

Here's something interesting, apparently they've gotten a lot of attention for that article.. so they wrote a follow up

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/2017/04/14/this-blog-on-white-men-is-going-viral-heres-our-response_a_22039753/

I'll quote a main part of the reply...

Garland's underlying analysis about the uneven distribution of wealth and power in the world is pretty standard for feminist theory. It has been espoused in many different ways by feminist writers and theorists for decades now. In that sense, there was nothing in the article that should have shocked or surprised anybody (or so we thought.)

And later...

Dismantling the patriarchal systems that have brought us to where we are today, a world where power is wielded to dangerous and destructive ends by men, and in particular white men, necessarily means a loss of power to those who hold it. A loss of oppressive power. Those who have held undue power granted to them by patriarchy must lose it for us to be truly equal. This seems blindingly obvious to us.

So, you see, it's not really racist, it's more misandrist.  (Which is perfectly okay to be in today's society.)
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »

Redistribution of their assets. Hmm. That sounds oddly like the thoughts of the Nazi Party about the Jewish people.

Fascist behavior is just that. Does not matter from whose lips it falls from, be it Hitler or a 19-year-old snowflake in her/its/their safe zone.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »

As the son of a feminist, two things bother me about this article. One is the idiot who wrote it and the other is that it was written in South Africa. Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »

I suspect that the article was mainly written to be provocative clickbait rather than a serious proposal, but it's really dumb. This kind of thing feeds white supermacists' paranoia and actually makes a good recruiting tool for them.

Like the article, the response sounds like it was written by an M.A. feminist sociology candidate with no idea of how the real world works.

I also note that the post is from the South African edition of the H Post, not the U.S. or international edition. I don't think Huff's U.S. editors would have let that one out.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »

Garland's underlying analysis about the uneven distribution of wealth and power in the world is pretty standard for feminist theory. It has been espoused in many different ways by feminist writers and theorists for decades now.
And everytime they bring it up, we call them stupid and make fun of them. 

This is exactly why feminism has a bad reputation. 

I like how they end it. 
This doesn't necessarily mean we agree or endorse everything in Garland's blog. The point of our Voices section is to invite a wide array of voices and views.
Translation:  We agree with a lot of it but don't want to admit it because you're making fun of us and pointing out we're racists and we have no argument for that.   
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 09:15:16 PM »

This what happens when "PC" culture gets out of hand. PC being Privileged Character, aka how the white man got everything he wants and the minorities struggle is real.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »

I refuse to  apologize for belonging to the race and gender that has collectively kicked more a$$ than any other in the history of the planet!   TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »

I refuse to  apologize for belonging to the race and gender that has collectively kicked more a$$ than any other in the history of the planet!   TeddyR
Say that to someone who wants the white male race dead and this would be their response

yeah no.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 11:56:22 PM »

I suspect that the article was mainly written to be provocative clickbait rather than a serious proposal, but it's really dumb.

All that really stands in my opinion. This stuff doesn't drive me to a sudden defensive conclusion that ze whites are ze bestest race and all those other races ought to thank them, though.

Ya'll at least aren't writing for a major outlet, but still.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 03:01:44 AM »

Hey-white people did some good things! We invented atom bombs! What would bad movies be without radiation mutation?
 (the Spanish language version-because it's funnier that way)  TongueOut
[/sub]

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 03:05:41 AM »

I suspect that the article was mainly written to be provocative clickbait rather than a serious proposal, but it's really dumb.

All that really stands in my opinion. This stuff doesn't drive me to a sudden defensive conclusion that ze whites are ze bestest race and all those other races ought to thank them, though.

Ya'll at least aren't writing for a major outlet, but still.
Whatta you mean? Don't be stupid,be a smarty-come and join the Nazi party!
 Drink Thumbup
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:08:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Huffington Post's Incredibly Racist Article « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.