Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:46:42 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Huffington Post's Incredibly Racist Article « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Huffington Post's Incredibly Racist Article  (Read 15255 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 03:11:26 AM »

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 07:30:52 AM »

This really hurts my soul. This narrative that white men are inherently racist and evil, and that they can not experience racism themselves because of their " priviledge" is utter stupidity.  I pity Anyone who buys into this, unfortunely, i happen to spend alot of time with people who believe this crap. The thing is; they themselves are the racists! They have a chip on their shoulder because they are not happy with there lives. I guess whitey is easier to blame instead of taking personal responsibility. That seems to be very common now. I think all of this is by design and its working. Everything is based on race now. Most people would consider me racist because i dont care about race, but i dont! I really dont!

exterminate all rational thought.....
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »

This really hurts my soul. This narrative that white men are inherently racist and evil, and that they can not experience racism themselves because of their " priviledge" is utter stupidity.  I pity Anyone who buys into this, unfortunely, i happen to spend alot of time with people who believe this crap. The thing is; they themselves are the racists! They have a chip on their shoulder because they are not happy with there lives. I guess whitey is easier to blame instead of taking personal responsibility. That seems to be very common now. I think all of this is by design and its working. Everything is based on race now. Most people would consider me racist because i dont care about race, but i dont! I really dont!

When I was in high school in the mid-1990s, the local Archdiocese which ran my school redefined its policy on racism (you'd think their time would've been spent working against child sex abuse, wouldn't you?) and every student in any school in the entire massive archdiocese had to go to an assembly and listen to the reading of this update in policy, which defined racism as having to do with "a numerically superior group practicing discrimination against a numerically smaller group" and even young as I was I was instantly struck by how flawed that definition was, how it not only failed to admit that anyone can be the victim of racism, but it somehow dehumanized minorities by implying they are not capable of the fullest expression of human feeling, even negative impulses like hatred. I have no idea if that asinine policy still stands as written.

Just to comment on someone's earlier post, I was speaking a little satirically when I suggested a season of the year dedicated to praising white males, but if we're going to set aside a month  to highlight the contributions of one race, which we currently do in the United States each February, the idea I threw out there makes about as much sense.

I wish we'd arrive at a point where people saw their race as "the human race" and let it go at that, but we seem to be getting farther from that goal, not closer, proving year by year that Theodore Roosevelt was right a century ago when he warned how clinging to identifying people as "hyphenated-Americans" weakens the nation.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 09:58:23 AM »

Weird to think of the archdiocese doing that, but then I guess I don't have much experience with 'em.

The 'racism as power dynamic' thing is a weird piece in general, just how convinced people get of it. As far as I know it was, starting out, only ever a suggested alternate definition of racism for academic discussions specifically geared towards institutional racism. Outside of that context, it makes no sense to define racism that way exclusively - especially when factoring in the history of "race theory" and the significance of forms of racism that aren't solely institutional and tend to be more readily observed in poorer communities than in elite spheres.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 02:12:16 PM »

If she objects to white men so much she should show her disdain by refusing to use anything white men had a hand in creating. Especially anything involving Tim Berners Lee. Last year there was a protest in the UK at a university which had a statue of Cecil Rhodes based on what he'd done back in the days of the British Empire. Initially I thought that was fair enough, he wasn't the nicest guy in history (although I guess he wasn't the worst either, but still bad) however later on I found out the student organising the protest was only able to attend the university thanks to a scholarship he'd applied for that had been established by Rhodes.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

According to news24.com, the head of MediaSA has condemed the post as a bad day for journalism.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »

Im sure they just spoke ineloquently, not to be confused with untruths or fake news. I just couldnt quite understand or agree with this article after reading it again. sometimes I have white-priviledge flare ups and  it makes things difficult for me. With the right amount of guilt and self loathing my quality of life could improve.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »

This really hurts my soul. This narrative that white men are inherently racist and evil, and that they can not experience racism themselves because of their " priviledge" is utter stupidity.  I pity Anyone who buys into this, unfortunely, i happen to spend alot of time with people who believe this crap. The thing is; they themselves are the racists! They have a chip on their shoulder because they are not happy with there lives. I guess whitey is easier to blame instead of taking personal responsibility. That seems to be very common now. I think all of this is by design and its working. Everything is based on race now. Most people would consider me racist because i dont care about race, but i dont! I really dont!

Yer soul is hurt. It's breaking my heart!  Drink

I find it telling you have a nazi sign on yer avatar.  Lookingup I mean-cmon-yer makin' that a little to easy. TongueOut

I also find it telling-"I don't care about race! I really don't!"
Of course you don't. "I'm fine-nobody f**ks with me".
I don't know about most people considering you racist. Do They? Gee? I wonder why? You justtold me most folks consider you racist. Do they really? I wonder why MOST folks consider you racist.  I dunno! It's a mystery!
I mean-you seem pretty colorless to me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:00:49 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 12:24:43 AM »

Im sure they just spoke ineloquently, not to be confused with untruths or fake news. I just couldnt quite understand or agree with this article after reading it again. sometimes I have white-priviledge flare ups and  it makes things difficult for me. With the right amount of guilt and self loathing my quality of life could improve.
no-I don't think your life will improve. You seem happily miserable.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 07:30:49 AM »

Don't mind RC, he's drunk.

You've got to stop attacking your bad movie brothers, RC!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »

Rc....
You find it telling that I have a nazi symbol on my avatar?
It is not a nazi symbol. Do some homework. Or at least, it is not a nazi symbol as it is represented on this  chinese monk. I find it telling that you dont know the difference.

"Most folks WOULD consider me rascist", is what I said. I guess I should have explained that I was speaking insensitivly by saying I dont care about race instead of focusing on race and inequality. In todays PC culture I would be labeled as a rascist because of that.  Your reaction exemplifies that, and the fact that I have to explain myself.

Happily miserable? Apparently, that went over your head as well. I thought this thread could use a little humor. It seems as though you are the only one here who is miserable. You implied that im racist, I am not. I hope nobody here thinks that i am, except you rc, your opinion of me is not important.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 09:18:46 AM »

follow the link now

the article was taken down

Huffington Post SA has removed the blog "Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?" published on our Voices section on April 13, 2017.

We have done this because the blog submission from an individual who called herself Shelley Garland, who claimed to be an MA student at UCT, cannot be traced and appears not to exist.

We have immediately bolstered and strengthened our blogging procedures that, until now, have operated on the basis of open communication and good faith. From now on, bloggers will have to verify themselves.

We will hold discussions on putting in place even better quality controls.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »

I hope nobody here thinks that i am, except you rc, your opinion of me is not important.

Then please don't respond to him and feed the fire. You've been here long enough to get a sense of the personalities here. You can't always take what RC says personally.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:34 AM »

follow the link now

the article was taken down

Huffington Post SA has removed the blog "Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?" published on our Voices section on April 13, 2017.

We have done this because the blog submission from an individual who called herself Shelley Garland, who claimed to be an MA student at UCT, cannot be traced and appears not to exist.

We have immediately bolstered and strengthened our blogging procedures that, until now, have operated on the basis of open communication and good faith. From now on, bloggers will have to verify themselves.

We will hold discussions on putting in place even better quality controls.

I wonder if it was another "Emerald City Antifa" type dealie.
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:27 PM »

"From now on, bloggers will have to verify themselves."

U WOT M8?!

That wasn't a thing BEFORE?!

"We will hold discussions on putting in place even better quality controls."

Nonono! Not EVEN! Don't say EVEN!

There's only two things that can be going on here:

1) Your quality control is so f**king awful that anyone can pretend to be a journalist on your high profile newsite

2) The article is real and you threw the journalist under the bus by calling her a troll in an attempt to save face

Take your pick Huffington Post.
Are you total retards or disingenuous liars?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Huffington Post's Incredibly Racist Article « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.