Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:06:07 AM
713345 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Help with three different movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with three different movies  (Read 3396 times)
thefeen83
New Visitor

« on: February 09, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »

Sorry in advance for the long post!

The first movie is french, I watched it around about 10 years ago, so it was likely made around 2002-2006? It's about three brothers, one is a suspended cop, the youngest works in a nightclub and the other brother has recently returned, claiming to have been in the foreign legion, but it's implied he was in prison. There is a scene where he tries to sing legion songs with an old ex legionnaire and doesn't know the words. The brothers go away to the countryside with their mother and the cops daughter. The film culminates withe the returned brother killing several people, including the mother. I think the title my have been 'My Uncle' or something similar, but you know, in french.

The second film i can only remember one scene. It's a western/civil war film, maybe 80's or 90s? A group of soldiers are marching and come to a stop. The general in front shouts a command to his captain. There is no reply. The general then shouts out for a lieutenant to carry out the command, no lieutenant left either. Then a sergeant is called for, then finally a corporal, when one corporal steps forward and carries out the order. I think it was showing the regiment had suffered terrible losses and desertion. Really cant remember much more.

Last film, I haven't seen, i just remember reading the plot/review when it came out. Probably 2007 or later. It was a European horror set several hundred years ago, where two brothers are returning from war and a recent battle, they come across a hidden village. The number of people in the village is the same as the number of people the brothers have killed in the war. Maybe it's purgatory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:53:58 AM »

The third movie might be SAUNA (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124394/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »

The third movie might be SAUNA (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124394/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Off topic, but I noticed the liner notes to the I WILL WALK LIKE A CRAZY HORSE DVD are credited to "Rayo Casablanca." I presume that's you?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
thefeen83
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »

Hey, yes the third movie was indeed Sauna! Though when I saw it, it was under the more generic alternate title of 'Evil Rising'. One down, two to go, thanks Rayo!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Help with three different movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.