Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:04:30 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best worst film for each year I've been alive. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best worst film for each year I've been alive.  (Read 3489 times)
Slinkyturd
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 15, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »

So I did a list of bad films that they are just too good. I posted it in my facebook group for bad movie worship (link at bottom). I have honorable mentions in parenthesis for each respective year:

1982 (Life at conception. Lol): Videodrome
1983: Pod Peoples
1984: Runaway
1985: Return of the Living Dead (Ghoulies)
1986: Maximum Overdrive (Killer Party)
1987: Hard Ticket to Hawaii (Bad Taste, Rock n Roll Nightmare, Deadly Prey, Steel Dawn, Evil Dead II, Barbarians, Miami Connection, Hell Comes to Frogtown)
1988: They Live (Mac and Me, The Church, Brain Damage, Ghoulies II, Robot Vampires)
1989: Vampire's Kiss (Tremors, Punisher, Leviathon)
1990: Frankenhooker (Earnest goes to Jail, Troll 2)
1991: Samurai Cop (Earnest Scared Stupid, Riki-oh The Story of Riki, Named Lunch, Suburban Commando, Roller Blade Seven, People under the Stairs)
1992: Army of Darkness
1993: Heart of Dragon (Super Mario Bros.)
1994: Dinosaur Island (Time Chasers, Street Fighter)
1995: Ice Cream Man (Showgirls)
1996: The Stuff (Island of Dr Moreau, Barbwire, Secret Agent's Club, Pinocchio's Revenge, Head of the Family, Werewolf)
1997: Ghoulies II (Future War, Leonard Part 6)
1998: I got nothing.
1999: Hick Trek (Beowulf)
2000: I got nothing again.
2001: National Lampoon's Lost Reality I & II
2002: Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (Jackass, Adv. Of Pluto Nash, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter)
2003: Monsturd (The Room)
2004: The Hazing
2005: Santa's Slay (The Janitor)
2006: Snakes on a Plane (Wickerman, Special, Feast, Jackass 2, Ten Commandments The Musical)
2007: Double Down (Donkey Punch, Behind the Mask: the Rise of Leslie Vernon)
2008: Hamlet 2 (Onion Movie, Poultrygiest, Birdemic)
2009: Human Centipede (I am Here....Now, Dead Girl, Thankskilling, Mega Shark vs Giant Octapus, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call)
2010: Rubber (Splice, b***hslap, Nutcracker)
2011: Manborg (Father's Day, Human Centipede II, Sucker Punch, FDR American Badass)
2012: Snow on da Bluff
2013: Fateful Findings (Sharknado)
2014: Noah (Zombeavers)
2015: The Taint (Pan, Victor Frankenstein)
2016: Pass Thru
2017: Jury is still out.

So looks like I need suggestions for 1998, 2000, and 2017. I genuinely came up with nothing for those years. I thought it would be fun to see what yous guys come up with for your own lists/critiques of mine.

Facebook group is here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/186517041720723/

Come join my facebook fan group for bad films, "Camp, Schlock, Flops, and B Movies": https://www.facebook.com/groups/186517041720723/
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »

I haven't seen all of these but they are possibilities based on reputation.

1998 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (Dario Argento) or RAZOR BLADE SMILE

2000 BATTLEFIELD EARTH or TITANIC: THE LEGEND GOES ON

I would suggest ATOR, THE FIGHTING EAGLE or HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH for 1982. It hurts me to see VIDEODROME called a "bad" movie, in any sense.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Slinkyturd
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 10:04:34 PM »

I forgot entirely about Battlefield Earth! How could I do that?!

Come join my facebook fan group for bad films, "Camp, Schlock, Flops, and B Movies": https://www.facebook.com/groups/186517041720723/
Pacman000
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »

1998: Pokemon: The First Movie (Japanese release date.)
http://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla&p=pokemon+the+first+movie+trailor#id=1&vid=3d63f04109bc81d9b00dd8cd31c4b220&action=click

2000: Pokemon: The Movie 2000 (U.S. release date.)
http://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla&p=pokemon+2000+movie+trailor#id=3&vid=12caca54d83e9a2bbfde715a47fedeb9&action=view

Yeah, I'm on a nostalgia trip.  Smile
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:59:35 PM by Pacman000 » Logged
Balibari
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:56 AM »

A couple of corkers from 1998 are Die Hard Dracula and Nick Fury: Agent of Shield.

Battlefield Earth must win 2000 but Ryan's Babe is another gem. It's a road movie that fails in every way and hasn't got the recognition it deserves. Cult distributor Videonomicon put it out and are pushing it as the Canadian answer to The Room. It isn't as strange but it's still a gem.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 09:22:05 AM »

The PSYCHO (1998) remake comes to mind. As well as ARMAGEDDON .the Jerry Springer movie RINGMASTER.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »

It hurts me to see VIDEODROME called a "bad" movie, in any sense.

Yeah I really like that film. Also I have mixed feelings about Rubber being listed. Quentin Dupieux likes doing this "what?" reaction on purpose, plus the fact that all of his films are comedy. Try watching some more like Reality or Wrong Cops, he makes unique films.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »

It hurts me to see VIDEODROME called a "bad" movie, in any sense.

Yeah I really like that film. Also I have mixed feelings about Rubber being listed. Quentin Dupieux likes doing this "what?" reaction on purpose, plus the fact that all of his films are comedy. Try watching some more like Reality or Wrong Cops, he makes unique films.

Yeah, I recommended RUBBER at 366 Weird Movies, so I disagreed with that one too.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »

FAMILY PROPERTY - BACKWOODS HILLBILLY MASSACRE was made in 2016.  It may well be the worst movie I have ever seen!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 11:21:07 PM »

Too bad you weren't born a year earlier, I'd have gone for CANNIBAL FEROX (1981 aka MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY) mainly because it is without doubt the worst film I ever paid money to see... in a theater).  And I agree with REV mostly, VIDEODROME is kind of a GREAT movie, yet, it is DAVID CRONENBERG and in my own definition of "Bad movie" VIDEODROME is BAD... like... bad for you

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Slinkyturd
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 02:53:35 AM »

I don't by any measure dislike Videodrome. I just think there is some incomplete plot in there. I don't understand any coherence in the end whatsoever. Like I think it is a legitimate argument to make to say that it isn't a complete thought in the form of a film. That is where I'd call it bad. I still really like it though as is the case with most of Cronenberg's weirdness. The practical effects, the social commentary of television ruling your mind, and the taboo nature of it still make it very enjoyable.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best worst film for each year I've been alive. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.