Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ten Random Facts About Yourself « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Ten Random Facts About Yourself  (Read 15215 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: April 30, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »

1. I have visited James Dean's grave.

2. When I gaze up into a night sky, I often hear the same music play in my head, but I have never been able to identify what it is or where I heard it.

3. I have a mental block that makes me almost unable to speak or write my godson's name unless I concentrate on it.

4. I can put together a fifty-piece US map in under thirty seconds.

5. When I was little I was terrified of Teddy Ruxpin.

6. The existence of capital punishment makes me sick.

7. I once fell asleep in a cornfield.

8. This boy and I once got into a contest to see who could leave our right hands submerged in ice water the longest, and we called it a draw at ten minutes.

9. I am rarely more than five feet from at least one tube of Chap Stick.

10. I have seen every episode of The Big Bang Theory.

Bonus: I like italics.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »

1. I have seen a ghost.

2.  I've ridden a camel.... and a horse. ... and a donkey.

3.  I have drove into a hurricane.  (The very edge of it anyway.)  

4.  I have a mounted deer head of a buck I killed before I was ten in my dad's house in Tennessee.  

5.  I once ran two miles in under 15 minutes.  

6.  I was once paid to dress up as Spider-man, sign autographs, and entertain kids.  

7.  When I was in Highschool I counted how many licks I took me to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop.  I have sense forgotten the number.  

8.  Some one once was going to pay me to appear in a Star Wars fan film, but I lost his phone number before we could make any kind of concrete deal.  

9.  I used to work chemical operations in the military.  Mostly decontamination.  

10.  I live alone, so I only put on pants when I have to leave the house.  

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:12:32 PM »

Chatting with my husband, who is on the other end of the state tonight, and I got him to do this. He said....

1. I am adopted and I don’t know anything about my biological father.

2. I use a nail gun to spell out all three of my children’s initials someplace hidden in every old house I restore.

3. In 2nd grade I went to a children’s symphony concert and a man dressed as Chopin talked to us and until I got rudely corrected in middle school music class I thought I’d met the real Chopin.

4. The night I met my wife I was annoyed with the girl I was out with that night and almost walked out of the party and if I had I never would have met the woman I married, so I tried to get her to be our maid of honor but she if she did that she’d have to get divorced.

5. Unlike my OCD wife I couldn’t care less about the question of the existence of God.

6. I’ve never run out of gas. Unlike my wife.

7. I’ve never been under anesthetic. Again unlike my wife.

8. I bought my first house at 21.

9. I used to invite a kleptomaniac to my parties.

10. I making hate lists and doing surveys. Also unlike my wife.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:12:06 AM »

1.I'm a drunk.-no mystery there!  Lookingup
2.I hitchiked to  Liberty,New York-in the Catskills-from Lawton Mi.,which is near Kalmazoo and Lake Michigan. I was 16! It was fun.
3.I'm 5'2".
4.I read the  giant Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer in a week when I was in the hospital.
5.I still don't have a cell phone.
6.I'm smoking pot right now-so I aint drinking today!  Thumbup
7.I've seen ufo's 3 thimes.
8.I went through the a sun roof of a car in a car accident-we flipped into a cornfield.
9.I like black licorce.
10.I walked from Lawton to  Marcellus (about 6 miles) in a blizzard  in the middle of the night-and I had dropped 2 hits of blotter!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:00:09 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 01:15:23 AM »

a few more facts:

8. I saw a bigfoot once.

now THAT sounds interesting!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:33:13 AM »

1.  I have written five novels.
2.  I discovered and helped excavate a fifty foot mosasaur in 2001.
3.  I am an ordained minister.
4.  My wife and I met in second grade.
5.  I hold a third degree black belt in karate.
6.  I found my first Indian arrowhead when I was 5 years old.
7.  I've found over 8000 more since then.
8.  I've taught at the same school for 21 years.
9.  I have held a baby crocodile.
10.  I have also held a tiger cub.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 07:09:29 AM »

1.  I have never watched Titanic.

2.  I collect (well, used to) gothic romance novels printed in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Fell in love with the covers.

3.  I have been basically living and breathing and eating horror/SF/weird movies since I was around 4 or 5.

4.  I turn 54 this year.

5.  The only time I have ever been moved to tears by glorious music was listening to Cecilia Bartoli.

6.  I, too, have seen what I believe to be ghosts/spirits/shades.

7.  My family, on my mother's side, has a long history of supernatural incidents.

8.  I love doing basic video/photo editing, and think I have missed a calling when it comes to working more heavily in that area.

9.  I build grand castles in the sky, and, before I can put a flag on the highest point, I've torn the whole thing down because of fear and questioning myself.

10. I have an intense dislike of social media and do my best to avoid those obsessed with it.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »

1. I am listed on IMDB.

2. I have dated a woman half my age (I was 46 at the time).

3. I've visited 42 of the 50 states.

4. The only political party I've ever been a member of was the Libertarians, for about a year in my early 20s. I've been an independent before and since.

5. I used to write fiction, but after I had a piece published in a paying journal, I haven't written another short story.

6. I eat dinner with my mother and father every Sunday.

7. I've been in jail once, for less than 24 hours.

8. I once stole a Christmas tree.

9. I first logged onto the Internet in 1991.

10. As an adult, my weight has fluctuated between 150 and 250 pounds.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:07:18 PM »

Part II.

1. When I was four my imaginary playmate was my grandson, an adult who told me I should write things down, and whom I still claim taught me how to read. He seemed as real as anyone else I've ever met in my life.

2. My favorite seasons in order are: winter, autumn, spring, and summer. I love cool rainy days and hate heat and humidity, so why I live where I do, I have no idea.

3. My favorite color is yellow, edging out blue, and my favorite sound is silence, in moderation. My favorite smell might be hot pavement after a light rain, though fresh-mown grass is very nice. My favorite touch-sensation may be nice clean bed-sheets against my skin.

4. I have a pseudo-phobia of horses, and I do not know why this is since within reason no other animals, including the Big Three S's "spiders and snakes and sharks," scare me.

5. When I was thirteen I persuaded my mother to choose as our PBS (affiliate) membership premium, Upstairs, Downstairs, The Complete First Season, which is maybe my favorite TV show ever.

6. In 1990 I went to Land Between the Lakes with my best friend's family, and ran ahead with her little brother on a multi-mile looping hiking trail so far and so fast, we went all the way around and came up behind the others and scared them. Her dad actually said the ess-word, and I'd never heard him say that before.

7. I once wrote a letter to Kevin Spacey. He replied.

8. I was at Lollapalooza on the 25th anniversary of the moon landing, and hadn't eaten in four days. I came home, turned around and went to visit my family in Ireland, and when my aunt picked my up in Dublin to drive us across, she got me to eat something, and without meaning to I threw it up, and kept throwing up anything I ate for about the next day. It was embarrassing and scary, and her English roommates told me I had a problem. I said no I'm fine, then ate and yakked again. I said sorry, my life these days is an after-school special on steroids (I had to explain to them what an after-school special was) and they nervously kind of laughed, and my aunt promptly reported me to my mother, her oldest sister, who of course freaked out and said, "Evelyn, you're going to die." Ironically, three months later, I nearly did.

9. I almost lost my virginity the same day I got my driver's license. Almost. He asked me a question, and that made me stop and think. For the record, never ask me a deep question if you want to have sex with me because I'll stop whatever I'm supposed to be doing and think about it. Oh, well, taught him to get philosophical.

10. I like to cook, and am good at it, but I don't like to eat, so when people ask why I'm not eating what I fixed, I tell them it's because I put poison in there.

Bonus: As long as I don't know anyone buried there, cemeteries make me feel peaceful and at one with my place in time.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »

1.) I'm Bipolar with anxiety. 
2.) I've never smoked a cigarette a day in my life.  Even though half the school I went to did.
3.) I'm 33 and never learned how to drive.  I just walk everywhere.
4.) Went to Catholic school and at like age 11 realized it wasn't my bag and science was my thing.  Led to some trouble. BounceGiggle
5.) MC Hammer was the first concert I attended.
6.) I've seen several ghosts and fully believe in the paranormal.
7.) Despite living in Philly, I've never gone to the two biggest cheesesteak spots: Geno's or Pat's.
8.) I've seen UFO's.
9.) I've been both completely straight-edge hardcore and a big drug user at various stages of my life.
10.) Kurt Vonnegut is probably my favorite author.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 12:23:33 AM »

10.  I live alone, so I only put on pants when I have to leave the house.  

BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

We might be distant relatives.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

7. I once fell asleep in a cornfield.

I hope you didn't meet He Who Walks Behind The Rows  Buggedout  Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 12:26:13 AM »

4.) Went to Catholic school and at like age 11 realized it wasn't my bag and science was my thing.  Led to some trouble. BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 12:36:15 AM »

1. I was born in what was then Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) on 11 September 1967: I moved to South Africa in 1987 to study and never went back home. I am a proud African patriot.

2. I am a film archivist by profession and a lazy bum by inclination.  Wink

3. Wearer of (slightly) used undies.  Buggedout

4. I am a teetotaler in almost all cases including beer like Old Milwaukee.  Drink It seems I cannot spell teetotaler correctly.  Wink

5. For some odd reason, children like me and are not scared by me, unlike many adults who don't know me and find me to be very intense and scary. Kids are the most perceptive of all human beings.

6. I know the people who made Space Mutiny, Nukie and The Demon personally.  Buggedout

7. My sexual orientation? You ask, I tell.  Smile

8. My middle initial is T for Thomas, sometimes it is T for trouble.  Wink

9. I have been a life long movie fan since I saw Murder On The Orient Express at age seven and a life long bad movie fan since I saw Lost Horizon (1973) when I was six.

10. This place is my home and my family is here.  Cheers

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 02:37:25 AM »

1. I am adopted and I don’t know anything about my biological father.

I am too: my hatred for my biological parents trumps everything in my life and is the only thing I am negative about.

3. In 2nd grade I went to a children’s symphony concert and a man dressed as Chopin talked to us and until I got rudely corrected in middle school music class I thought I’d met the real Chopin.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ten Random Facts About Yourself « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.