Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:02:07 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Nintendo to discontinue the Mini-NES. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nintendo to discontinue the Mini-NES.  (Read 2725 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 22, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »

So, this is weird, I just read the other day that Nintendo is going to discontinue the mini-NES console.  Never mind they just released like, back in.. what was it, March, I think?  Supposedly they're going to put out a few more for the next month, and then, boom no more.  Like everyone else, I have NO idea why they're doing this.  From what I've read, it sold 1.5 millions units, but Nintendo reps have only said, "“NES Classic Edition wasn’t intended to be an ongoing, long-term product,”

It's crazy, seems like they're really wanting to shoot themselves in the foot with this one.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:20:08 PM by AoTFan » Logged
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:52:12 AM »

Rumors are that they discontinued the NES Classic, because they are working on releasing a SNES Classic this year.

AoTFan

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »

Rumors are that they discontinued the NES Classic, because they are working on releasing a SNES Classic this year.

I don't know even if that's true, it still makes no sense to me. This device is so wildly popular they could easily push back the SNES a few months and I don't think it'd hurt sales.  Plus, I don't have any stats to back this up but I'm pretty sure a lot of people will want to buy the NES that have no interest in the SNES and vice versa. But all this move is gonna do is make the NES really hard to find.  I mean it's already going for about $300 on eBay when it originally just cost 50 bucks.

The whole decision is just stupid and bad Business all around in my opinion.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »

Raping our nostalgia again. The nes mini got my attention when it came out because I collect nes games, then i saw the price. I figured it was just expensive because it was released around christmas and i could catch one on ebay in a couple of months for maybe about 20 or 30 bucks, sounds reasonable, right? The damn thing is still way too expensive.  Then they stopped making them. Ill just buy the original system with a new 72 pin connecter for less than $50, or a top loader for a little more.  Game companies are starting to have problems with the vintage market, they feel as if they are losing revenue. Vintage games seem to lose some value everytime a retro system is released. Who wants to deal with junky cartridges and blinking lights? I do.

exterminate all rational thought.....
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »

because they are working on releasing a SNES Classic this year.

Archivist

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »

I had no idea this even existed.  And it sells for $100 in Australia, added coolness.  While I was never a big gamer, my brother cut his teeth on those games and would love this.  If he hasn't got one already, I'll grab him one.

Edited to add: uhhh this plan might not go ahead:

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/04/jb-hi-fi-just-received-a-butt-load-of-nintendo-mini-nes-consoles/

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/04/the-nintendo-classic-mini-nes-is-dead/

Edited to add pt 2: my brother already has one, how am I not surprised.  Will have to think of another random surprise present for him later.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:32:28 PM by Archivist » Logged

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
AoTFan

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »

Following Archivist link, I saw this quote
Tellingly, the company followed up its shock announcement with the following:

"We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologise. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product."

Freaking LIARS!  If you paid attention to consumer feedback you wouldn't be canceling the product so abruptly!  That's NOT what you do to something that's SELLING OUT. 

What kind of business does NOT want to make money?  I don't get it..
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Nintendo to discontinue the Mini-NES. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.