Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:17:35 AM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the Hate your job thread « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the Hate your job thread  (Read 3113 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 09, 2017, 06:43:27 PM »

Most people haye their jobs its a given. If you dont hate your job, you will. If you dont hate your job, good for you. Jobs suck. Working sucks. Not having money sucks even more, so you have to work in order to have money, then maybe money sucks? We all know that money is the root of evil and it controls our lives but thats another topic. Lets talk about jobs.

I work at a blood bank. Ive seen alot of blood. More blood than most people can imagine. Gallons and gallons. Spilled blood, diseased blood, off-colored blood, rotten blood and all the nasty stuff blood can turn into. It was sickening at first but At this point, its just spaghetti sauce to me. Ive had much worse jobs though. Like any job, its the people you work with that really affect your environment and mental state. I work with some extreme personalities but my supervisor is the thing that makes me stressed. Hes just a nervous insecure a-hole. He asks stupid obvious questions. I tries to show whos in charge by telling people to do things that they are already doing. I think hes fearful of losing his job because hes not needed. We had a managment change last year after working just fine without him the previous year. In fact, things went alot more smoother before he showed up. Hes overbearing and really lame. He thinks hes cool and tries to act like it. When he pushes someone to the point of snapping he gets all sensitive and pouty.

Anybody got a boss like this? Sorry for the super long post. I thought i could squeeze all of this into a single paragraph.

exterminate all rational thought.....
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »

I've had a few sucky jobs in my time (shoveling stables for $2 an hour!), but I will say the place I work now is beyond good for me.  It's home.  No matter how tired or stressed I am, when my kids come into the classroom, my day gets better.  I am uniquely blessed in this.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:16:47 AM »

I've had a few sucky jobs in my time (shoveling stables for $2 an hour!), but I will say the place I work now is beyond good for me.  It's home.  No matter how tired or stressed I am, when my kids come into the classroom, my day gets better.  I am uniquely blessed in this.

You remind me of the character Nick Nolte plays in the film Teachers: very inspirational.  Cheers

I've had my job as a film archivist for almost 29 years: I try and make a difference in peoples' lives every day if I can - and I do try.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »

I love helping the veterans, but I hate my work environment.

I take calls when people have problems with a couple of VA web sites. The work isn't hard, and it gets a bit boring repeating the same information over and over (how to reset passwords, how to get your lab work to update from the records, what does this blinking red light mean). Plus, I sit all damn day.

Most of the people who call us have already been bounced around on the phone. Personally, I love getting an upset veteran, then helping and listening to her/him. If I can get that veteran to the point they are calling me "buddy", "brother", or "friend", I know I have done a good thing.

But the real problem is, well, government. We don't get informed about updates or changes to the web sites until veterans call in to complain something new is broken. When we (the help desk staff) try to warn our supervisors about problems, we are usually ignored. And our phone number has ended up on at least 5 sites to which we have NO AFFILIATION. We are the mushrooms: kept in the dark and fed horses**t

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 05:21:33 PM »

While my job was never great, at least it was tolerable.  Its not anymore and its gotten to the point where I'm now looking for something better.

First off, there's my department's supervisor.  She actually yells at people for asking questions about how to do their work.  She complains about how its wasting company time, but she'll spend the extra time explaining how you should know how to do something (even if you've only done it once several months ago)

That's bad, but if you kept out of her way you could at least get through the week.

Then things changed about a year and a half ago when we got a new CEO. 

First we had an employee satisfaction survey to see how people thought of the company.  Big complaints were in how hard it was to schedule vacation time (only 2-3 people could be off at a time), out-dated technology and often not working equipment, and transparency on what the higher ups were doing. 

Well, they started having more announcements, and installed a new computer tracking system that times everyone now-and seemingly doubled down on everything else.  The new computer system has a time that not everyone can keep up with, so people that have been there a long time now find themselves not able to perform to new standards.  We got one or two new pieces of equipment, but where then told we'd have to make do with the old because it was too expensive to replace. 

They told us no more company 4 day weekends (like the day after Thanksgiving)  and if we want those days off we had to enter a lottery to see if we could get it. They gave us more personal days to use, but again they've made it difficult to use them we you want/need them.

Lots of people have quit because of these changes, but they aren't hiring anyone to replace them, so we've had to work a lot of mandatory overtime which has caused me to miss a few events I had planned.

In fact, the only real significant good changed happened because an outside party got involved.  But even the fix they had to put in place seems like they only did the minimum amount of effort.

its past time for me to quit this job.  I'm thinking of going back to school, to try to get something better.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 02:03:59 AM »

Most of the people who call us have already been bounced around on the phone. Personally, I love getting an upset veteran, then helping and listening to her/him. If I can get that veteran to the point they are calling me "buddy", "brother", or "friend", I know I have done a good thing.

Karma for your assistance to the veterans, Brother Java  Cheers

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 04:35:44 PM »

Here's my massive contributions.............via my job I quit months ago.

from Crap at work thread

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,147522.0.html

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »

I used to work in logistics for a food discount store for nearly 13 years. Our boss had a military background, and he was the most unpleasant person imaginable. I believe his real job was making us employees feel miserable. He made sure there was no fun at work, and he systematically crushed motivation while increasing pressure on efficiency.
For punishment he would take away working hours (which he wasn't in any legal position to do) from your paycheck. Getting yelled (screamed) at on a daily basis wasn't uncommon. All this made it very easy to hate the job and I'm still surprised I lasted 13 years there.

My current job is a real blessing and our boss is the coolest guy. We do have co-workers ranking from stupid, entitled and eccentric but I guess you'll find that in most firms.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 12:54:13 AM »

stupid and eccentric but I guess you'll find that in most firms.

That's me covered right there: most of my colleagues - except those who know me well - find me a little strange, like "Which Trevor is it today?"  Wink

As regards 'entitled': I am not entitled to anything except clean undies.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:41:53 AM by Trevor » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 12:58:36 AM »

I don't have a job no mo. I worked at Honee Bear Canning for 32 years-and I had heart surgery. Be HAPPY you got a job,motherf**kers.I got nothing to show for it. What a bunch of b***hes. I cant hardly jerk off. Hatred
p**sin and moanin about your jobs.
I like to hear about experiances about your life-ER is fantastic. b***hing about your job is ...f**k....whiny.b***h about it when it takes yer head off. Otherwise-waaa waaa waaa. Lookingup
So all this p**sin' and moan' gets lost in the translation for me. Lookingup
And if this makes folks hate me more than they do-I don't care.
"Cuz it's fake news"!  Drink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:23:09 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 02:07:51 AM »

I don't have a job no mo. I worked at Honee Bear Canning for 32 years-and I had heart surgery. Be HAPPY you got a job,motherf**kers.I got nothing to show for it. What a bunch of b***hes. I cant hardly jerk off. Hatred
p**sin and moanin about your jobs.
I like to hear about experiances about your life-ER is fantastic. b***hing about your job is ...f**k....whiny.b***h about it when it takes yer head off. Otherwise-waaa waaa waaa. Lookingup
So all this p**sin' and moan' gets lost in the translation for me. Lookingup
And if this makes folks hate me more than they do-I don't care.
"Cuz it's fake news"!  Drink

VINTAGE RONNIE!!!  I love it - almost as much as I love my job!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 02:09:53 AM »

As regards 'entitled': I am not entitled to anything except clean undies.  Wink

Not sure if I should feel sorry for people at work who think they are entitled, because I think they are delusional.
It is always a pleasure to witness when they are brought back to harsh reality though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the Hate your job thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.