Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:15 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rampage movie plot details « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rampage movie plot details  (Read 4427 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: May 03, 2017, 05:36:56 PM »

From Slash film

The movie opens with a privately owned space station being destroyed thanks to some kind of mysterious experiment that was being done on board. In the wake of the destruction, three canisters from the experiment somehow end up falling all the way to Earth. One of the canisters falls into a gorilla enclosure at the San Diego Zoo, another lands in the plains of Wyoming and the final one ends up in the Florida Everglades. You can already see where this is going.

The experiment that was being conducted hails from The Griffin Technologies Group, a company owned by two siblings played by Malin Akerman and Jake Lacy. Looking to ensure the government doesn’t link their company to any of the work they were doing on the space station, they try to destroy the evidence at the crash sites. But of course, the contents of the canisters have already caused a gorilla named George, a wolf and an alligator to start evolving, growing at frighteningly exponential rate. So how can they cover this up now?

The Griffin siblings concoct a genius plan to use a beacon that attracts each of the creatures to their head office, ensuring that all evidence of their experiments will be destroyed. It just so happens that their head office is located in Willis Tower in Chicago, which won’t bode so well for the residents of the Windy City.[/b]

From Dwayne "The Rock "Johnson  instagram post

I head up an anti poaching unit out of Rwanda. My best friend is a rare albino gorilla named, George. Very bad people infect George, an alligator and a wolf with a serum. All three animals grow at an unprecedented rate. Their size, speed, agility and violent aggression is off the charts. They go on a deadly rampage and want to destroy the world. George not happy. Me not happy. When animals like you, they lick you. When they don't like you, they kill you. I will hunt down the bad people who did this to my best friend. And when I find them, I will not lick them. We have the best VFX monster making team (WETA) on the planet. Our actors and crew have been working very hard to raise the monster genre bar. As always, let's have some fun. Let's shoot.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
WingedSerpent

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »

So a few things to be gleaned from the information at hand.  One is that it sounds like their making George the "good monster" of the moive with Lizzie and Ralph being more on the chaotic evil side.

And for as little story the games have...its strange they do end up changing one of the elements that's been in pretty much every Rampage game.  Namely George, Lizzie, and Ralph aren't mutated animals...they're mutated people.  

The movie's in production now and is scheduled for release in 2018.  Very little design work has been revealed, outside a few shots of props and people's costumes.  So no look at the three daikaiju yet.

AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:59:38 AM »

Wait, this is a real thing?

That was such a characteristically Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson post that I just assumed it must be a pastiche.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »

We may have gotten our first look at one of the monsters.  While filming, The Rock celebrated his birthday, and this was the picture on the cake.

Plot details do say this version of George is supposed to be albino.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 05:45:09 PM »

I don't get why this is even being made.  Making a movie about Rampage is like making a movie about the board game Battleship. 
dean

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 11:20:43 PM »

I don't get why this is even being made.  Making a movie about Rampage is like making a movie about the board game Battleship. 

And yet they made that too and someone wants to make a trilogy of Tetris movies.

https://www.geek.com/games/tetris-movie-secures-80-million-budget-first-film-in-trilogy-set-to-shoot-next-year-1655366/

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pacman000
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »

Tetris could make for a good movie, if they focused on it's development and all the trouble Nintendo, Tengen, and other companies had bringing it to the west.

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/special/tetrishist.html
claws
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »

This may be based on a video game but the plot sounds like any SyFy or Asylum production  TeddyR
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Rampage movie plot details « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.