Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:58 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Interesting movie tidbits « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Interesting movie tidbits  (Read 11660 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 02:00:24 PM »

Sean Connery was offered the role of Gandalf in the LOEF OF THE RINGS FILMS but turned it down because he did not want to commit to a two year shoot - and because he had never read the books and didn't know what a "hobbit" was!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 07:15:13 AM »

the LOEF OF THE RINGS FILMS

I'm not familiar with that film series  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »

&&/#*¥#!!  cell phone!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pacman000
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:50 AM »

&&/#*¥#!!  cell phone!
What's worse than autocorrect? No autocorrect.  Wink
claws
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 04:17:11 AM »

Exploitation and B-Film producer and owner of Film Ventures International - FVI - (Mutant, The Dark, Pieces, Mortuary, Grizzly, Day of the Animals) Edward L. Montoro disappeared in 1984 after taking over one million dollars from the FVI bank accounts. Film Ventures International officially closed its doors in 1985. To this day, Montoro's whereabouts remain unknown, though it is believed he fled to Mexico in early 1987 under a false name.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 06:35:55 AM »

Exploitation and B-Film producer and owner of Film Ventures International - FVI - (Mutant, The Dark, Pieces, Mortuary, Grizzly, Day of the Animals) Edward L. Montoro disappeared in 1984 after taking over one million dollars from the FVI bank accounts. Film Ventures International officially closed its doors in 1985. To this day, Montoro's whereabouts remain unknown, though it is believed he fled to Mexico in early 1987 under a false name.

This guy also produced the film Kill and Kill Again in South Africa which was directed by my friend Ivan Hall: one of the biggest SA box office hits ever.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pacman000
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »

Forbidden Planet (1956) was the 1st sci-fi film to cost over a million dollars.

While Forbidden Planet was produced by MGM, the FX animation (glowing lights, the Id Monster) was done by Walt Disney Studios.

About 20 years later, when Lucas was producing Star Wars, ILM was having trouble animating shadows for Luke's Landspeeder. Failing to produce a good shadow themselves, they outsourced the work to Disney.

Watch Star Wars (1977) then watch Battlestar Galactica (1978) Take note of the matte work. Battlestar Galactica's space ships have more obvious matte lines.  When John Drykstra, head of FX for Star Wars, left to form his own company he took some of ILM's employees, but the matte/compositing artist stayed with Lucas.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

Groundhog's Day was filmed in reverse chronological order.  The director was aware of Bill Murray's acting habits, so they filmed the scenes at the end, where the main character is happy at the beginning when Murry was still into the project, and the opening scenes at the end when Bill was tired and his character was still a downer.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
claws
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »

Cristina Raines, who retired from acting in 1991 to become a nurse, doesn't have fond memories of filming The Sentinel (1977). Director Michael Winner was acting like a madman on the set, making everyone feeling miserable - especially Raines who was left crying every day even though her co-stars stood up for her. At one point Raines needed the protection of the New York Teamsters who were working as a crew on the film. She claims they saved her life when things got out of hand with Winner.

Besides that Winner tried to make Ava Gardner look awful by lighting her bad on purpose. Raines and the cameraman would secretly work together by distracting Winner and resetting the camera. Winner was also unkind to the disabled people who appeared in the movie's gruesome finale. He would also change the script without the approval of Universal or Jeffrey Konvitz, which led to more drama on set. The film was shot in the actual brownstone building which Raines claims was really haunted. Weird and unexplained things and strange coincidences would happen every day. Raines has never seen the finished movie. She watched it for the first time in 2016 while recording a commentary for the blu-ray release.
AoTFan

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 10:57:10 PM »

This guy also produced the film Kill and Kill Again in South Africa which was directed by my friend Ivan Hall: one of the biggest SA box office hits ever.

Well, if he shows up where you're at there might still be a reward for him! 
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »

Boris Karloff Facts!

Boris Karloff's first Broadway play was "Arsenic and Old Lace".  He played a man named John Brewster who's face was surgically altered to look like Boris Karloff. 

His daughter was born on his 51st birthday.  He was filming Song Of Frankenstein at the time and rushed to the hospital wearing his full Monster make up and costume. 

He always carried a roll of dimes with him so he could use payphones to conduct Screen Actors Guild business.  He knew his own home phones had been tapped. 

He was Christopher Lee's next door neighbor for years. 

Beginning in 1940, Karloff dressed up as Santa Claus every Christmas to hand out presents to physically disabled children in a Baltimore hospital.

He has TWO stars on the Hollywood walk of fame.  One for his motion picture work, one for his TV work. 
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »

In MODERN PROBLEMS, Chevy Chase was briefly electrocuted in a flying dream scene, and lost consciousness for a short while, narrowly avoiding death.  Wiring short-circuited through his arm, back and neck.

In Lucio Fulci's horror film THE BEYOND, the final sequence features sand-covered corpses lying on the ground; these were naked homeless people that were paid for their appearance in alcohol.

Both FRIDAY THE 13TH's and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET's franchises primary antagonists are named after childhood bullies of the writer and director, respectively.

The hand stabbing Judith Meyers in HALLOWEEN and the twitching hands of the decapitated Pamela Voorhees in FRIDAY THE 13TH belonged to a member of the opposite sex of the character-- producer Debra Hill in HALLOWEEN and special effects maker Taso Stavrakis for FRIDAY THE 13TH.

The head witch in SUSPIRIA who is killed by the protagonist Suzy at the end was actually a 90-year old hooker director Dario Argento found on the streets of Rome.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AoTFan

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »

The head witch in SUSPIRIA who is killed by the protagonist Suzy at the end was actually a 90-year old hooker director Dario Argento found on the streets of Rome.

You mean "former" hooker, right?  Right?? 

Oh, please, say, "Right."
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 08:58:03 PM »

You mean "former" hooker, right?  Right?? 

Oh, please, say, "Right."

Well, he did find her "on the streets."

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »

Just found out that Gal Gadot was four months pregnant at the end of principal photography for WONDER WOMAN. During reshoots, they put a green cloth over her belly and green-screened out her bump.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Interesting movie tidbits « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.