Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:22:03 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I think I'm getting old « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I think I'm getting old  (Read 9825 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« on: May 23, 2017, 04:52:33 PM »

I had a physical around the start of the month as I do once a year for my medications

Since last years I took better care of myself in  terms of watching what I ate, excersing and was on my feet for at least 8 hours at a time at my horrible job before I quit

I somehow gained 40 pounds  Question Question Question

I'm now going on a diet I really don't like but eh and upped my excercise
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:11:10 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »

I've lost about 30 pounds over the last year; sounds like you got most of it. The older you get the harder it is to lose, easier to put on pounds.

I recommend eating whatever you want but counting calories. Cutting out high-calorie drinks is crucial. Lowering calorie intake is more important than exercise for losing weight (a half hour of exercise will burn off the amount of calories in one candy bar or beer). Good luck.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »

And I posted this in the wrong spot.... can someone move this to off topic?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »

DDP Yoga, sir.  DDP Yoga.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:43:24 PM »

And I posted this in the wrong spot.... can someone move this to off topic?

Done.  Smile

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 02:54:39 AM »

I'm turning 50 in three and a half months so I have started to exercise again.

By exercise, I mean walking to work some mornings: this is a distance of almost ten kilometres (not sure how many miles that is) and catching the bus instead of hassling with the traffic.

We shall see how it goes and Brother bob: all the best.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:07 AM »

I know what you mean. Since I was...maybe twelve, I've done this pseudo-cocky thing where when I'm walking down a sidewalk and I come to an unoccupied bench, I'll often jump up flatfootedly onto it and walk across without pausing or missing a step, just a little trademark of mine, not the most respectful undertaking, I guess, and, well, yesterday I was on a sidewalk approaching this bench, and I was nearly at it and for the first time this thought hit me, "What if this time I don't make it?" Well I then thought, screw that, I'm doing it, and I did, no worries, no problems, but I'd never had that instant of doubt before, and afterward I thought, well, one day I won't make it, one day will be the last time I do that. And that kind of p**sed me off, and I thought I'm going to still do that when I'm sixty, dammit. So we'll see.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »

Hope ya do the deed, ER. Stay Young!

Lost my job in 15, weighed 440...now my post job average is 462...(sigh)...and I'm 61...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »

Getting old sucks! Im in my mid 30s now and im terrified of losing my physical ability. Ive always been active and pushed myself in cardio, weighting lifting, martial arts etc., but now i cant do what i was able to do only a few years ago. Its really affecting me on a confidence level. I worry about some 17 year kicking my a** now. And the pain! Im entering the second half of my life now, and everything hurts! Especially my back. It seems as though every injury i have ever had has come back to haunt me. Im starting to understand why old people complain about these things all the time. My back, myknee, blah blah blah, my spleen. (sigh).

exterminate all rational thought.....
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:04:00 AM »

In all seriousness, I think the number one best thing to do for health and for retaining youthfulness is to stay active. Nutrition, yes, your heredity plays a role, true, spirituality is not to be underrated, your environment, not marrying OJ, but more than almost anything else, exercise, motion, activity, these are the main considerations.

You don't have to go overboard, you don't need to join a gym, your activity levels can be small as long as they are consistent and you carry on a routine that keeps you in motion. A twenty minute walk three times a week cuts the risk of premature death by about a third.

Motion circulates lymph, which has no internal mechanism of propulsion, like blood does. Lymph works wonders. Being active helps keep the body capable of fast tissue repair, it gets immunity strong, it promotes healthy circulation, it factors into everything else that is inside someone, and fights everything from cancer, heart disease, mental deterioration, and the common cold. It keeps people capable of sexual activity indefinitely, making them live as long as they want to, and want to as long as they live.

It also makes everyone look better and feel better, and those things make it easier to be happy. Happy is a wonderful way to live.

If I haven't already crossed into being preachy, beyond exercise, avoid sugar, it is the most widely abused drug in western society, at the heart of MOST deaths in this century. Dietary fat is downright meek compared to sugar, especially in the form of high fructose corn syrup, an addictive substance that assaults the body in ways that are terrifying. Give it to a mouse and see what happens.

And one last thing. Try not to eat your main meal in the evening. Far better to consume it no later than mid-day. Eating heavily once the working day is done doesn't even make sense, and is one of several reasons obesity rates in France are a fraction of what they are in the United States: French people traditionally eat their biggest meal in the middle of the day, and are convinced eating late causes the body to retain calories.

My point is, aging may be unavoidable, it may, as some physicians, like Dr. Perricone, say literally be a transmitted disease carried within our very DNA (I mean seriously, why don't we regenerate and live on, right?), but how rapidly and severely we age is also largely up to us, so I say kick aging in the nads and fight on. AARP can wait!

Exercise! Eat better! Be happy!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:07:02 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »

a bit of an update

since the first post I've started walking about 3.5 miles per day judging by an app on my phone, eating healthier, cut out pretty much all junk food, smaller meals and managed to get a decent tan for the first time in literally years from walking outside

no idea if I'm loosing weight since I don't own a  scale and I can't tell physically if it's working

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »

What I've done to lose some weight is in addition to cutting out most junk food is cutting my carb intake. Try that and see if it works out for you.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 08:24:07 AM »

a bit of an update

since the first post I've started walking about 3.5 miles per day judging by an app on my phone, eating healthier, cut out pretty much all junk food, smaller meals and managed to get a decent tan for the first time in literally years from walking outside

no idea if I'm loosing weight since I don't own a  scale and I can't tell physically if it's working

Great! Buy a scale for the positive reinforcement. I've seen some for under $10 at Walmart.

AoTFan

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 01:10:16 AM »

a bit of an update

Well, do you feel better?  That. to me, is the important part.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »

I'm turning 50 in three and a half months so I have started to exercise again.

By exercise, I mean walking to work some mornings: this is a distance of almost ten kilometres (not sure how many miles that is) and catching the bus instead of hassling with the traffic.

We shall see how it goes and Brother bob: all the best.  Thumbup

That is 6.2137 miles or 32, 808 feet, or if you want to swim for it, then it is 5.3996 nautical miles, and in the U.S. we spell it kilometer. And of course, all the best to Brother Bob, please keep us posted on your progress.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I think I'm getting old « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.