Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:33:02 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Resident Evil : the final chapter « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resident Evil : the final chapter  (Read 2571 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 10, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »

Well, Ive seen all of the RE movies and I think theyre all crap. Ive always thought they were pretty boring and generic with bad CGI. Theve all kind of blurred together so I cant remember exactly which ones were worse than others. I vaguely remember (jovavich) fighting zombies in a city, then a desert, then a prison, etc. my biggest complaint has always been the lack of monsters and story. I didnt really play the games but i remember them being so much better in every respect.

This film pretty much does the same thing but it seemed have the best production of all the films. I didnt find myself getting bored, it was pretty entertaining. Lain Glen played his part very well, I would like to see him play more villains. the rest of the cast were pretty much disposable. As expected: the action is over the top, but as i said its well done and entertaining. the climax was somewhat dull. this series is supposed to get a reboot, it needs it. my opinion is that this is the best of the series and at times felt just like playing a survival horror game.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »

I posted this in another thread, I might as well post it here too. 

Resident Evil the Final Chapter

A lot of people don't like the Resident Evil movies, but I've always found them fun.  Even while I know they aren't good movies, they're at least entertaining.

The last one though, it just has nothing worth recommending in it.

Spoilers be here.

They explain who the Red Queen is again and it's completely different from the last time they explained it.

The last movie revealed that the main villain was working for Wesker, and this movie it's plot point (and by Plot Point I mean Scene ripped from Robocop) that Wesker is working for him.

Despite having no memories, working with a bunch of clones of herself, and seeing a freaking factor that mass produced clones of her, our main character is completely shocked and in disbelief of the fact that she's a clone.

The airborn Virus cure they introduce drops the zombies suddenly in a scene very reminiscence of Weird Al's machine gun firing in UHF.

And a HUGE HUGE problem is that the last movie gathered all the main characters together in Washington DC, heroes and villains alike, for a last stand against the zombies.  This movies takes place apparently years later Washington DC is rumble, and we never find out anything that happened during that seige.

There's also a huge pterodactyl/dragon thing because why not?
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »

"There's also a huge pterodactyl/dragon thing because why not?"

Because the monster from Jeepers Creepers was one of the only survivors but was also infected by the T-virus, causing him to evolve into an  A-sexual super predator that feeds exclusively on Hummers.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »

"There's also a huge pterodactyl/dragon thing because why not?"

Because the monster from Jeepers Creepers was one of the only survivors but was also infected by the T-virus, causing him to evolve into an  A-sexual super predator that feeds exclusively on Hummers.
The rarest breed of hummers too.  A military model that actually uses a key. 

... in case you don't know, military vehicles don't use keys. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:04:34 AM »

A stunt person was grievously injured on set in South Africa and an extra was killed during production.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 09:37:55 PM »

I wish I didn't know that.  This movie wasn't worth dying for. 
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »

I want to see this.....for season reason I really like most of the Resident Evil movies

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 01:38:50 AM »

I wish I didn't know that.  This movie wasn't worth dying for.  

From Wikipedia:

Principal photography on the film began on September 18, 2015, in Cape Town / Hartbeespoort Dam, South Africa.

During filming, Jovovich's stunt double, British stunt woman Olivia Jackson, was severely injured when her motorcycle collided with a camera crane, leaving her in a medically-induced coma for two weeks. She had been riding at high speed without a helmet, leading to the accident ripping off half her face, and crushing her facial bones.Among Jackson's injuries were cerebral trauma, a crushed face, a severed artery in her neck, a paralyzed arm, several broken ribs, a shattered scapula, a broken clavicle, torn fingers with a thumb that needed to be amputated, and five nerves torn out of her spinal cord.The camera crane had malfunctioned and failed to move out of the way. Jackson announced in December 2015 that her paralyzed left arm will need to be amputated.Her arm was amputated above the elbow.

A second accident occurred during filming on December 3 when crew member Ricardo Cornelius was crushed to death by one of the film's props, a U.S. Army issue Hummer, while on set.The Hummer was placed on a rotating platform, and fell off, crushing Cornelius, who was assisting with the scene, against a wall. He later died in hospital

Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Resident Evil : the final chapter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.