Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:01:07 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CIVILITY « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CIVILITY  (Read 2274 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: June 25, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »

This week's blog post:

Civility - a casualty of the times we live in?

http://lewisliterarylair.blogspot.com/2017/06/civility-post-mortem.html

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 07:35:40 AM »

This week's blog post:

What are you, some kind of PC snowflake SJW who needs a safe space?  Hatred Or just some facist using his cis-white privilege to try to silence marginalized voices?  Hatred

Seriously, I agree. This level of partisan rancor is not unprecedented in America, but it is unusual (and unpleasant). And it normalizes extremism on both sides.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:46:59 AM »

This week's blog post:

Excellent column, Mr. Smith, all very true, and the lack of politeness is lamentable, the absence of manners deplorable, but I do wish dueling were legal since I SO would've loved to have shot my cousins' father when he was suing me.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »

MAN I wish you were wrong...really...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »

Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »

One more problem: "Talking" on the internet via message boards, comment threads, and social media, removes 100+ non-verbal ques we'd normally pick up on. It's very hard to control tone without those ques; a message which we think of as innocuous may come off as incredibly rude, and may start a flame war.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »

One more problem: "Talking" on the internet via message boards, comment threads, and social media, removes 100+ non-verbal ques we'd normally pick up on. It's very hard to control tone without those ques; a message which we think of as innocuous may come off as incredibly rude, and may start a flame war.

That is VERY true!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »

In a sad way, I believe we're seeing a strange new type of behavior in which some people don't want civility...
Sorta like a drunk looking for a fight...
More & more, I get the feeling, that people want to start something "just because"...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »

Civility was the tone of our culture, though it's been degenerating.  Interestingly, those who had long pointed out the loss of civility are sometimes also supporters of the most visible uncivil behavior in our culture.  Bullying is suddenly acceptable.  What happened to manhood?  These are sad times. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 08:24:38 AM »

Well written, from the point of view of someone who has a moral compass. manners or civility are slowly being eroded. i personally feel this is by design. "culture" is degenerating. the environment that we live in is so toxic now. It starts with children, and children are not being taught or instilled with basic manners or basic goodness. Now we are a couple of generations into children raising themselves from children who were raised by children who were raised by tv, very much like idiocracy. Peoples brains are scrambled now. We grow up without basic love and nurturing that only a human can provide.

In order to be a "man" now, you have to be a thug. There seems to be little respect for a guy who says good morning or holds doors open for someone.

Everything that is fundamental for the developement of a human is being replaced by something else. Its not healthy Psychologically or spiritually and were seeing the results now. Im afraid that civility is dead for now, I hope it comes back some day.

exterminate all rational thought.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CIVILITY « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.