Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:20 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies everyone likes but you « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: movies everyone likes but you  (Read 33287 times)
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 06:19:20 AM »

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
I don't hate it, but I think it's the visuals that don't appeal to me.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »

all 3 Lord of the Rings

I have tried time after time to finish them but they're just so boring and nothing happens

here's the perfect summary of them

! No longer available Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »

I think Im starting to not like lord of the rings. maybe because theyre so frickin long, and boring. I went to see the first one in the theatre and it was so painful. I remember waiting and waiting for something to happen. I got up to walk out on this movie when; " oh, look, goblins and a giant troll. hmm, that looks cool". so,  I sat down and finished the rest of the movie.

To be fair, ive heard that they are very close to the source material and I appreciate the technicallity and the epic scope of them and all but after veiwing 2 of them recently I have realized that they are boring and waste a lot of time. Ive heard that there are 5 hour versions of each film, uggggh.

exterminate all rational thought.....
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »

...and the Hobbit movies! they suck! they seem like unused test footage from thr LOTR. Running from orcs, and more running from orcs. except the dragon, smaug I think. That dragon was awesome! maybe the best dragon on film? It almost made up for the rest of the crap.

exterminate all rational thought.....
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 07:07:04 PM »

The Matrix films. There can be no better example of image over substance. Low brain activity in both the creation and enthusiastic reception of this blight on modern culture.

"It has deeper meaning." Really? The film's "meaning" is pretty much summed up by the fact that the characters are aware of the fact that "reality" is anything but that, and the best they can do is a bunch of slow-mo, CGI, John Woo-type violence and "create" millions of weapons because...I dunno. Whole thing makes little sense.

Plus, you add in the ending from ALTERED STATES (which was also stupid in both the film AND the novel) and you have completed the brain-dead connection.

I think that the more a person holds the Matrix films in high regard, the greater the need to prevent that person from breeding. EVER!

About the only thing that could have made these films any worse would be if Zach Snyder directed them.

Oh, and JURASSIC PARK. Nice innovation in the realm of CGI, but the offensively and aggressively STUPID "twist" that saves the heroes made me so angry that I remember cussing and b***hing about the movie as we were herded out of the theater. I think I'd rather watch THE HAPPENING than sit all the way through JP again.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »

I don't get the whoop-dee-doo over the Lord Of The Rings saga. I watched the first film, thought it was impressive enough on a technical level but otherwise was like "(shrugs) Whatever."

They are abominations because of the changes that Peter Jackson made to the story.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 01:15:44 AM »

I see I'm not the only person who didn't like ET: this is IMO the most blasphemous film ever made.

1. ET comes to Earth from the heavens.
2. When he gets here, no-one recognizes him for who he truly is.
3. His earth mother's name is Mary.
4. He has one true disciple - Elliot.
5. He performs miracles of a kind.
6. He is persecuted, dies and is resurrected.
7. Then he vanishes again.

Who is that?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 07:09:29 AM »

Virgin Suicides & Amile. Everyone seemed to be raving over them when they came out, and to me they are just meh!

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
I don't hate it, but I think it's the visuals that don't appeal to me.

They didn't appeal to the South African censors either: they banned it.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 07:55:27 AM »

Fifth Element, Kung-Fu Panda, Blade Runner, and The Godfather.

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 08:18:18 AM »

Top Gun
Beaches
Fast and Furious series
Riddick series
Donnie Darko
The Hangover
Vacation
The Exorcist

And it's not a movie, but I do not like Game of Thrones.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »

I see I'm not the only person who didn't like ET: this is IMO the most blasphemous film ever made.

1. ET comes to Earth from the heavens.
2. When he gets here, no-one recognizes him for who he truly is.
3. His earth mother's name is Mary.
4. He has one true disciple - Elliot.
5. He performs miracles of a kind.
6. He is persecuted, dies and is resurrected.
7. Then he vanishes again.

Who is that?

If you believe his bulls**t, it sounds almost like Kanye West.   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

The Christ parallel in E.T. is a bit overdone, but it pales compared to the other problems of the movie.

One of my biggest complaints is that, at the time of release, s**tsberg swore it was not anti-government. Really? A whole nightmarish sequence of the government forces marching down the suburban street at sunset, invading and taking control of a civilian home, casting all the government agents in shadow or wearing dehumanizing space suits and Haz-Mat outfits, and most of them carrying automatic weapons.

Oh, but, umm, that never happened, right, s**tsberg? That's why they went back, using CGI, and removed the guns, making the government kinder and gentler. Just stupid nonsense.

To be honest, if Christ HAD looked like E.T., I don't think we'd see the Christian faith as widespread as it is today.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »

I have no comment on ET's Christ parallels, but as far as the government agents looking all menacing, one school of thought I heard that I found interesting is that the story is from the kid's point of view and that's why the scientists came off as they did.  I'm not sure how I feel about it as I would have to rewatch it after many years, and I just don't think I want to lol.

To me, ET is about a sugar-rushed latch key kid who harbors a biological weapon in his closet, heh.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE.  Thumbdown  Words fail me.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pacman000
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »

2001: A Space Odyssey

Sure the FX were great, but they were so impractical no one was able to use the same methods. Moving 30' space ships around a studio and doing  most of the matte work by hand is commendable, but expensive. The film didn't really advance the art of special FX the way King Kong, Star Wars, or Jurassic Park did. Don't really like the story either; it seems like the writer and director were trying to be bizarre/unclear to keep people wondering what it was about/talking about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movies everyone likes but you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.