Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:49:06 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My D&D campaign « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23
Author Topic: My D&D campaign  (Read 93789 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »

I just ordered the Dungeons and Dragons movie (2000) for my nephew who wants to see it.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »

Before he watches it Trevor, make sure he watches 'The Avengers' (the Uma Thurman one).

It will make the D&D movie seem less painful.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2019, 04:04:03 PM »

Having taken something of a beating the party decided to retreat to the camp outside rather than risk exploring further and find any other creatures which had taken up residence in their castle. Having to carry Colesta back outside and the bloodstains on the other characters did not fill the rest of their entourage with confidence. That night, once again a bright light shone from the window in the tallest tower.

In the morning, Colesta had recovered enough to cast spells and was able to start working on purging the party of the toxins that had left them nearly crippled. Her remaining energies went into healing the group up. What the party had told the guards about what happened inside the castle had spread like wildfire throughout the camp and Longeron, their somewhat pompous engineer told the group that none of the hirelings would be crossing the bridge until they could be promised that it was completely safe to do so. Although the party threatened to withhold their wages, the entire camp was behind Longeron on this. Timus was handed the book of days they had found in the throne room. It detailed the day to day happenings of the castle including the events just before it fell. It talked of creatures from inside the mountains coming out and the nobles taking poison when all seemed lost rather than allowing the creatures to take them.

It took a second nights rest before the party felt ready to re-enter the castle again. Once more the lone light burned brightly in the tower.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2019, 04:08:09 PM »

I definitely need a night garden like the Princess had.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2019, 04:15:39 PM »

In that case, the plants you are looking for are Assassin Vines, a Shambling Mount, Orcwort Tree and a Tendriculos. Each of them is bound into a separate area of the garden but is free to attack anyone who enters its 'zone'.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2019, 04:23:46 PM »

In that case, the plants you are looking for are Assassin Vines, a Shambling Mount, Orcwort Tree and a Tendriculos. Each of them is bound into a separate area of the garden but is free to attack anyone who enters its 'zone'.

Wonder if I could train them to particularly go after poachers?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »

Wonder if I could train them to particularly go after poachers?

Yes, that would not be a problem.

The tough part would be training them not to go after something.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2019, 02:26:38 AM »

Nigel asked the others what they would think of turning the barracks into a memorial to those who died defending the castle. There was general agreement on this. By the next day everyone felt well enough to venture once more and continue their exploration. Val had gotten fed up of finding Timus lying passed out drunk when she wanted to speak to him and asked Nigel to retrieve a footlocker from the barracks so she could put all his alcohol in it. He should have brought two as one wasn't quite large enough to contain everything.

Deciding they were fit to face the castle, they shouldered their gear and entered the walls once more, returning to the feast hall and headed up the grand staircase. This brought them to a minstrels gallery which had a pair of doors leading out. One led to a series of rooms filled with cheap furniture which the group guessed was meant for the servants. The other set of doors led to a much more expensively appointed room. The walls bore many maps of the local area while the room was dominated with a large, circular table surrounded by chairs. Although they searched, nothing else of interest was found in this room. One more door led from the room. Colesta opened the door which slowly creaked open to reveal....

The end of the session for the night.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2019, 08:06:27 AM »

I wonder if next week the party will be able to finish exploring the castle, or at least find out about the night light? Will they ever come up with a name for the group beyond the temporary one I gave them? Given they know they have a lycanthrope in the group, what happens when the full moon arrives (currently they have a waxing 1/4 moon, so they have some time to think about this, but not too long). Given they did not clear any of the humanoid tribes out of the area on their journey north, is their route southward now cut off?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2019, 08:10:48 AM »

Before he watches it Trevor, make sure he watches 'The Avengers' (the Uma Thurman one).

BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR

I'm still going to re-write that review which I had on here and deleted.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »

BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR

I'm still going to re-write that review which I had on here and deleted.  Wink

You should do a review of your nephew watching the D&D movie. Maybe kids will enjoy it more, but I can just imagine the different contortions of agony his face will go through with it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »

The man sat at the feet of his teacher. In the past months, he had been stripped down to almost nothing and rebuilt by the ancient figure beside him. New vista's of reality had been opened to him. He sat silently waiting for any word of command. The amount of wisdom that had been imparted to him, he could never have even dreamed of and yet he still had so much to learn.

But still he yearned to once more travel out into the world outside. It burned inside him, possibly the only thing he had been left of his old life. So much of his past, burned out and destroyed.

A voice, dried out by time and lack of use creakingly spoke as if reading the man's thoughts.

"Soon my child. Soon I will send you into the world outside and you shall spread my teachings. The world outside has much need of my blessings. I will not leave this place again, but you shall be my agent."

The man smiled. Indeed he had much to pass onto the world outside. Especially for those who had brought him low.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2019, 04:18:28 PM »

A GM should never fall in love with one of his NPC's. Luckily the one I am working on is being a real pain in the ass to design and I think I'll be glad if the party kill him off.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2019, 09:24:09 AM »

It was hardly his finest work, but it was the first of such things he had created and he felt unusually proud of it. Certainly, it was crude but it would be effective. He imagined the faces of its friends when their companion returned to them. A giggle escaped from his dry lips. His creation stood impassively, awaiting instructions. The man capered through the workshop, delighting in the things he had created and how he could use them to fix the world outside. There was so much wrong with the world and he now had the power to fix it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2019, 06:57:00 PM »

And I have finally finished detailing the rooms inside the castle. :) 60 internal rooms as well as the outside spaces.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My D&D campaign « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.