Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:38:58 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The first Battle Beast comic is DONE! (I think.) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The first Battle Beast comic is DONE! (I think.)  (Read 3391 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 24, 2017, 10:42:28 PM »

Anyway, I present to you Wood, Fire, Water: The Further Adventures of the Battle Beasts!

Love to hear thoughts, suggestions.  Enjoy!

Er... actually, I may have to find another way to post this, imgur seems to have shrunk my picture a bit...

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »

I like it!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »

You did a good job, you're onto something there, and I hope you make other comics.

You also sensitively touch on a troubling problem many toys, including all Pretty Ponies, face: rigid elbow syndrome. Thank you for making the public aware.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »

Okay, so that version (at least to me) is kind of hard to read!  Here's another!

Er... you have to click on it to see the full size.  Tried just posting the full size, but it didn't work for some reason... (sigh)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:11:15 AM by AoTFan » Logged
Paquita

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I've never heard of Battle Beasts before.   I still think it's cute!

There's some interesting ads on that site.  The one on the bottom had a picture of a nice lady and it said "Lisa sent you an 'f' request."  Only it was all of the f word.

AoTFan

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:22:10 PM »

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I've never heard of Battle Beasts before.   I still think it's cute!

There's some interesting ads on that site.  The one on the bottom had a picture of a nice lady and it said "Lisa sent you an 'f' request."  Only it was all of the f word.

Er.. was that on Imagevenue?  It's often used for people to post random adult pics, so the ad may just popped up randomly.  I distinctly marked my picture "Family Friendly" so you think they would have matched it up with a PG ad.  Course, when I click on it, I didn't get any ads, maybe because I've got Adblocker going, I dunno...

If you're curious, you can get more info on the toys by going to http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleBeasts/BattleBeasts1.html
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 03:23:55 PM »

Nicely done! May I ask, are you also a fan of the late, lamented Twisted Toyfare Theater?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pacman000
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »

Nice comic. Looking forward to the next one.
AoTFan

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 07:27:09 PM »

Nicely done! May I ask, are you also a fan of the late, lamented Twisted Toyfare Theater?

I'm ashamed to say I hadn't heard of it till now.  Doing some research.. did they used to post the strips in Wizard magazine?  Kind of looks similar to some stuff they used to do.

I AM though a fan of ItsJustSomeRandomGuy.  Or I was, haven't kept up with his stuff in awhile.  He used to do videos featuring mostly Marvel and DC superheroes.  They were pretty hilarious.  He started out as just a parody of the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" commercials, then later moved to having full on plots and stuff.    
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:05:02 PM by AoTFan » Logged
AoTFan

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 08:19:05 PM »

Nice comic. Looking forward to the next one.

Oh, God, no!  Now there's PRESSURE!! 

:)
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

I'm ashamed to say I hadn't heard of it till now.  Doing some research.. did they used to post the strips in Wizard magazine?  Kind of looks similar to some stuff they used to do.

I AM thought a fan of ItsJustSomeRandomGuy.  Or I was, haven't kept up with his stuff in awhile.  He used to do videos featuring mostly Marvel and DC superheroes.  They were pretty hilarious.  He started out as just a parody of the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" commercials, then later moved to having full on plots and stuff.   
Yup, Twisted Toyfare Theater ran in Wizard, the what's up next in comic mag. Also, there is a guy who does the same gig with kaiju. Godzilla being the Mego-spidy of that little universe.It's surprising how such a simple gag can work so well, but as it's the writing that makes it work, you should be able to get somewhere with this.

AoTFan

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:37:12 PM »

I'm ashamed to say I hadn't heard of it till now.  Doing some research.. did they used to post the strips in Wizard magazine?  Kind of looks similar to some stuff they used to do.

I AM thought a fan of ItsJustSomeRandomGuy.  Or I was, haven't kept up with his stuff in awhile.  He used to do videos featuring mostly Marvel and DC superheroes.  They were pretty hilarious.  He started out as just a parody of the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" commercials, then later moved to having full on plots and stuff.   
Yup, Twisted Toyfare Theater ran in Wizard, the what's up next in comic mag. Also, there is a guy who does the same gig with kaiju. Godzilla being the Mego-spidy of that little universe.It's surprising how such a simple gag can work so well, but as it's the writing that makes it work, you should be able to get somewhere with this.

Cool!  Does that guy who does the kaiju stuff have a website?  Wouldn't mind checking his stuff out.

I do have ideas for more comics, but haven't started anything yet.  To give a preview though, gonna be dealing with Horny Toad (yes, that's his actual US release name) even with it being the 80s I don't know how they got away with that.   
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »

TA-DA!
http://www.neomonsterisland.com/tktclassic/tktarkv/vol1/001/001/lemonsours.htm

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The first Battle Beast comic is DONE! (I think.) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.