Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:53 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  RC's All-Purpose Personal Free Speech Zone « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: RC's All-Purpose Personal Free Speech Zone  (Read 15292 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 11:02:13 PM »

Maybe I'm just crazy. But I'm back now. Please dont hate me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:13:51 PM »

I may think you're nuttier than a squirrel's pantry sometimes, RC - although not on this subject! - but I could NEVER hate you.  You're one of the things that makes this forum what it is.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM »

I quit because I was getting attacked and NO ONE stuck up for me. I was alone.Thats why I quit.I know there were folks who felt the same way I did-but-they didnt have the balls to back me up. And they know who they are. Left me hanging.

I hope you know I try to be neutral because I'm a moderator... and pretty much the only one left.

But I also want you to hang around this forum. You are one of the main assets here. So I'm torn... how do we keep RC around, but not have him run other posters off by calling them Nazis?

I'd rather not talk about politics at all. I agree with your assessment of Trump, except I think you take it too far into attacking his followers here.

I hope this thread will work. People who post here should know what they're getting into and understand they take the risk of being offended and will not let it affect them.

As the song says "If we can't fight then be all right we're done for in the end."

! No longer available Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »

Rev-I don't try to attack folks-I just speak from the heart. I LOVE people. And Trump seems like a self involved ego maniac monster. Who runs this country. We should be afraid. I didn't do this back when Bush was President-this is so much more way out there.I'm not that crazy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 11:31:24 AM »

I hope folks realize I'm not some insane monster.I care about the future of this country.And Morons who live in a cocoon should wake up and take a stand. Thats how Nazi Germany happened.It happens,man.It aint no fantasy

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »

You're right, RC; you aren't crazy. I think even casual supporters of Trump are starting to realize things have turned down what could be a horrible dead end.

But, you know, I have to look at it this way: I don't see the world ending any time soon, because I still have a few hundred movies I still need to watch. Seriously. I'm not an activist at heart. I'm more...non-activist? I'll defend what's mine and my loved ones; everyone else just go about your business.

Healthy or socially helpful? Nope. But it keeps me focused on what I feel is important in life.

If speaking out about Trump and his outrageous actions performs that function for you, then let the speeches fly, sir. I'll check in here just to get some different food for thought now and then, because you see things that I normally don't notice. Actually, I actively avoid the news from any source, so I'm limited in my knowledge on a lot of things. Other than b***hing about movies, because I know how to do that.

Basically, glad to have you back, RC. You may not be perfect, but you're perfect for us.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »

Trump still has something like a 37% approval rate. (It actually went UP when he started talking crazy about North Korea  Question). That's very low for a president but it's still tens of millions of people. They're not ALL Nazis. And as a leader Trump has shown that he can't even take people's health care away, much less start concentration camps.

I got a survey email from the GOP (I'm not a member, not sure how they got my email) asking for my opinion as a "real American" about the state of the country. I filled it out and then when it asked me to write my opinion I wrote that the biggest priority for the Republican party should be to convince Trump to resign and take the party back from the neo-Birchers. Then it took me to the donation page. It felt kind of good to write my thoughts at the time, but I felt kind of stupid and empty afterwards because I knew no one would actually read it or pay any attention to what I wrote. 

Javakoala's way is better for your mental health.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »

If I were more conspiracy minded, I would almost swear that Trump is attempting to bring America back to a 50s-60s type of mentality. Well, he may not, but he is being advised to do so.

What I mean is that America, as long as it has a common enemy (Nazis, Japan, Russians, Communism, and the like), the country doesn't try AS hard to tear itself apart. When we had the listed common enemies, the country, even though it wasn't particularly fair to race and gender, has an enemy outside ourselves to focus on and fear above all other threats.

The Middle East is worse than an anthill; you stomp on one sector, and there are a dozen others that are ready to take the same place. When the country in crisis changes every other week or so, it's hard to visualize a single enemy. As a whole, Americans can't really deal with that on a primal level.

So, Trump and his puppeteers give us North Korea. Hell, we've been pumping up the dislike of that country for over a decade. So, now that they have missiles that can reach Japan and Guam with nukes, time to shoot for all or nothing, the old US against "them". It sure as hell beats this country tearing itself apart over gender/social/racial/etc. issues. Turn that anger towards a common enemy, and you achieve a form of unity. A sad and warped unity, but at least the anger is aimed elsewhere, and it gives the common man, regardless of race, sex, religion, etc., a way to connect with each other instead of finding things to nitpick each other over.

Maybe I'm crazy myself, but it makes a bit of sense.

Still, doesn't make Trump a good leader. I almost get the feeling he thinks he's still filming an episode of The Shark Tank.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »

Java-well said,my freind.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »

I quit because I was getting attacked and NO ONE stuck up for me. I was alone.Thats why I quit.I know there were folks who felt the same way I did-but-they didnt have the balls to back me up. And they know who they are. Left me hanging.
I would.  I just haven't been here to do so. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 01:46:21 AM »

As far as the "no criticism" thing goes-no.Not at all. This is a free country. Saying "no criticism" is just plain wrong.We NEED critics-good,bad,or ugly-it's what REALLY makes America "great". To be silenced-no matter what your opinion-is just dead wrong.Freedom of speech is our greatest freedom.It's what makes this country great.  I may talk like an anarchist-but I'm not. I really love America.I just have issues with the morons in control sometimes. Thats on me-and should be with any thinking man. I live in the boonies-I hear it all the time.I'm not some stupid redneck who plants himself in front of a TV drinking beer "hyuk hyuk" and b***hes about big city folk and wants to hang n****rs.Am I biased against those morons? Yes I f**king am. Most of these idiots couldn't find there ass with both hands.
As far as critics go-bring it on. I make a fool of myself all the time-lets rock and roll.
Do I come off as self righteous? Well-yeah-that's par for the course for me.Actually-I'm being nice.Get me mad and I really turn into an a***ole.
(at home I'm very quite-Tiana is always right) Wink
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:20:16 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 08:57:38 AM »

so,then this isnt a "safe-space"?

exterminate all rational thought.....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 09:12:08 AM »

so,then this isnt a "safe-space"?

No, if you want to argue with RC you just accept the fact that he's self-admittedly crazy about this stuff, and agree not to take offense and get bent out of shape.

kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 09:36:02 AM »

I can argue politics all day long, Im crazy about this stuff as well. out of respect for the members of this board and the peaceful environment here, I have tried to refrain from commenting on worldly events, especially politics. seems cool though, as long as people agree and pat each other on the back. I am all about free speech, its fundamentally important. Im not an enabler, criticism can be a 2 way street. yeah, Im poking the bear.

exterminate all rational thought.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »

I can argue politics all day long, Im crazy about this stuff as well. out of respect for the members of this board and the peaceful environment here, I have tried to refrain from commenting on worldly events, especially politics. seems cool though, as long as people agree and pat each other on the back. I am all about free speech, its fundamentally important. Im not an enabler, criticism can be a 2 way street. yeah, Im poking the bear.
Great-I'll rock with you any day.Bring it on.Hit me with your best shot.You want stupid crazy? I'm crazy enough for a room full of nuts.What I say is not written in stone-it's just a crazy man talking.I didnt quit because I was angry with folks-I quite because I was out of control.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:30:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  RC's All-Purpose Personal Free Speech Zone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.