Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:46 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters.  (Read 16945 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: August 23, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »

All right, it's time for a new thread for rabbit-chases that go beyond the stray random thought. Anyone have any?

Like lately I been thinking about my paternal grandfather, gone almost exactly seventeen years to the week, a man I dearly loved, who arguably changed my life (in good ways) as very few others have. Though he stayed in almost supernaturally good shape til near the very end of his life and would go hiking with me in woods that challenged a twenty-year-old, his illogical love of smoking got him in the end, as something will ultimately torpedo all of us in due time. (Unless Ali G's "1 in 5" theory holds true...)

While he was an absolutely wonderful grandfather to me, my grandpa probably wasn’t the best sort of father to raise my dad, because they were as unlike as two men could be. All the males in my family, even my two paternal male cousins, Adam and Jared, have a slightly negative picture to report when it comes to our grandpa. (Adam once told Grandpa to ‘eff-off,' and Grandpa apparently tossed him off the patio deck.)

To put it bluntly, my grandfather was tough on men and expected much from them as conquerors, leaders, competitors. Girls, he believed, merited an entirely different set of parameters: look pretty, be strong inside, do credit to your family, and whenever possible accept the gracious side of existence as your domain. In a nutshell, rightly or wrongly, that’s how he felt.

When my dad was thirteen, Grandpa hit on the idea that taking up boxing would be good for a bookish lad like him. My dad didn’t like the idea, my grandma was horrified, but in this respect, my grandpa won (typically he didn't when he went head to head with my grandma over something) and to a gym in a rough part of town, my dad went.

At first Dad learned the ropes, how to punch, how to block and duck (especially how to duck, he’ll tell you) and how to hit a bag until his arms felt limp. Tolerable though not terrifying, but then the Saturday evening came, about a month into all this, for Dad to have his first fight. He says he couldn’t sleep, he was sick to his stomach, and was sure it would end badly. What’s worse, he was clearly not going to be equal to his opponent, a black kid from the rugged side of the tracks, so Dad knew he’d get creamed.

With Grandpa all but holding a bayonet to his son's back to get him there, my father went off to be sacrificed, and decided he’d at least try to die with dignity. So when the bell rang Dad charged from his corner, windmilling wild uncoordinated punches and actually driving the other fighter toward the ropes. One second Dad was swinging away, knowing a beating was coming, the next second, like someone had trimmed a minute out of a film, the referee was holding his hand above his head, proclaiming him winner.

What happened? I’m told it’s called a “Technical Knockout,” which occurs in several circumstances, one being if a fighter leaves the boxing ring, which Dad’s foe, who in retreat from the flurry of punches, apparently did when he tripped over his own feet and somehow landed outside the ropes.

Dad couldn’t believe his luck! He survived! He won! Grandpa, ringside, was so amused he let Dad quit boxing.

It was only years later that my dad hit on the truth, that Grandpa had arranged the whole thing, paying the other fighter to take a fall, though the deal was the match would last longer than the thirty seconds it did.

Still, bravery is bravery, and my dad can say to this day he retired from the ring undefeated.

So that's today's tale from the Ellieverse. Feel free to add your own bit to get the thread going.

Namaste!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »

Sounds like yer Grandpa was a John Wayne kinda guy!
I hate John Wayne.  Hatred
That's a good story though. You really missed yer calling-you should be a professional writer.
Erotic stories? really?
Like anyone here on a geek movie board has any erotic stories to tell!  Buggedout
I have disgusting sex stories-far from erotic-you don't want to hear.
I can tell you a story about why I quite chewing tobacco-but it's sick-and no one really wants to hear that "erotic" story.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:02 PM »

I do have an unusual 'ghost' story to tell-
 in 1968,when I was about 6 years old we lived in Wappinger Falls,NY. In the country. Across the street was a field with a dirt oval track that teenagers would race they're jalopys-(thats slang for junk cars).
Anyway-me and my older brother Mike-he was 9-were playing out there-looking for hubcaps and snakes. Mike was on the far left hand side-near the woods-I was in the middle-high grass and weeds. He called me-"Ronny-look what I found!" So I started running towards him-and as I was running-I glanced to the side-and a girl with pigtails and glasses was beside me running too! I stopped and spun around in circles-she wasn't there.
Now-you may think "oh-just a kids imagination'" And I would agree-but here's the kicker.
When I got to the other end,my brother asked me-"Where did that girl go to?"
Wooooeeeeooo!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »

I was once seduced by a lesbian. Does that count as an erotic tale?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 06:18:45 AM »

I was once seduced by a lesbian. Does that count as an erotic tale?

I think it would -please tell!
I had  an episode with lesbians-I wouldn't call it erotic-more like violent sex. That's a story in itself.
My Cousin Corky and her girlfreind. Neither one are very pretty. Aint no Penthouse  Stories s**t.

Oh-Alex-Tell the tale-! This is ER-story thread-flesh it out!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »

I was going to tell the story of how a co-worker friend and I once got all hot, heavy and sweaty with each other but I don't want to gross anyone out.  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 06:31:49 AM »

More mundane-
I went to see my Dad before he died in June.. I saw my sister Wendy. She had my brother Richie's ashes. He shot himself some years back. Richie was my best freind.My little brother.I asked her for his ashes. She gave them to me. In a wooden box.
The night after I had a bat in my house.-I had to chase it out with a broom.
On my birthday I had a bat in the house-I had to chase it out with a broom.
We never had bats in the house.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 06:33:29 AM »

I was going to tell the story of how a co-worker friend and I once got all hot, heavy and sweaty with each other but I don't want to gross anyone out.  Buggedout Wink
Oh-please tell! This is bad movies-we like disgusting!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 06:37:56 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

If I tell it, I will have to go take two showers later.  Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 06:56:53 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR

If I tell it, I will have to go take two showers later.  Wink
I will tell my disgusting chewing tobacco story if you tell yours!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 07:05:37 AM »

In fact-I'll go first!
When I was 18 I used to chew tobacco. Skoal. A pinch between yer gum and yer cheek.
I was with my girlfreind at the time Kerrie. I was-...going down on her-if ya know what I mean-and when I was done I was kissing her.
" You chewing tobacco?"
"Yeah?"
She slapped me in the face.
Maybe it's because I had to get up for air and spit on the floor while I was doing "it".

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 07:11:55 AM »

In fact-I'll go first!
When I was 18 I used to chew tobacco. Skoal. A pinch between yer gum and yer cheek.
I was with my girlfreind at the time Kerrie. I was-...going down on her-if ya know what I mean-and when I was done I was kissing her.
" You chewing tobacco?"
"Yeah?"
Maybe it's because I had to get up for air and spit on the floor while I was doing "it".

Buggedout BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I needed that laugh, thanks.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »

In fact-I'll go first!
" You chewing tobacco?"
"Yeah?"
uhmagawd

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 07:21:35 AM »

Sounds like yer Grandpa was a John Wayne kinda guy!
I hate John Wayne.  Hatred
That's a good story though. You really missed yer calling-you should be a professional writer.
Erotic stories? really?
Like anyone here on a geek movie board has any erotic stories to tell!  Buggedout
I have disgusting sex stories-far from erotic-you don't want to hear.
I can tell you a story about why I quite chewing tobacco-but it's sick-and no one really wants to hear that "erotic" story.

Yep, my grandpa was definitely a John Wayne sort. You nailed it, Ronny.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 07:22:22 AM »

I do have an unusual 'ghost' story to tell-
 in 1968,when I was about 6 years old we lived in Wappinger Falls,NY. In the country. Across the street was a field with a dirt oval track that teenagers would race they're jalopys-(thats slang for junk cars).
Anyway-me and my older brother Mike-he was 9-were playing out there-looking for hubcaps and snakes. Mike was on the far left hand side-near the woods-I was in the middle-high grass and weeds. He called me-"Ronny-look what I found!" So I started running towards him-and as I was running-I glanced to the side-and a girl with pigtails and glasses was beside me running too! I stopped and spun around in circles-she wasn't there.
Now-you may think "oh-just a kids imagination'" And I would agree-but here's the kicker.
When I got to the other end,my brother asked me-"Where did that girl go to?"
Wooooeeeeooo!  Buggedout

Man, that's slightly creepy. Cool happening!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.