Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:47:19 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters.  (Read 16792 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »

I hope its something he grows out of. Sounds like he is getting the help he will need along the way.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »

I think I must be related to this kid somehow. Except I was more like Paquita, I was okay in a room with the door closed, but scared of what was on the other side.

Nice to know these things are still with me.  Lookingup Hatred

But, in the famous words of someone, somewhere, "Oh well."   Cheers

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 04:47:13 AM »

We talked later before he went to sleep (naturally he wanted me to stay with him while he dosed off) and I tried to steer him toward why he is this way, though I know it is a mystery to him and he can't like being the way he is. I used to wonder about abuse, unlikely as that seemed to me since I know his parents and I have never seen any evidence of it, and I have kept it in mind, believe me, I'm not so naive as not to have thought of it, and he isn't afraid of his parents (he did used to be a little quiet around them compared to his talkative self around me) he doesn't show any sign of hiding abuse or anything, no history of "falls" giving him bruises or sudden urgent care visits, he just....has a lot of nervous worries and bizarre phobias.

But anyway, I talked to him that night and I kept waiting for him to say something out of The Sixth Sense, like, "I see dead people. There’s one right behind you" But, no, nothing even explicable like that, he is simply...a weird kid.

This summer his maternal grandfather, who probably never knew timid moment in his life, took him to Costa Rica, where they did zipline and walked on rope bridges and swam in two oceans, saw caimans and snakes and birds and had a good time, some of it in a tent under the stars in a rain forest, and my godson did fine, wasn't worried about sliding down ropes or any of that, he didn't wuss out, but there, too, he was scared to be left alone in a closed room, even for a minute. That is his singular terror, being alone, anywhere, anytime, for any reason, if a door is shut. Left alone in a shut-off room he gets panic episodes that can be horrifying. Even opening a hotel room door to the hallway will placate him, but a closed room, alone....he goes off the scale.

Soooo, in a nutshell that's my godson, and I do hope he finds ways to overcome his issues, because I don’t wish that abnormal a life on anyone, let alone someone for whom I care.

Speaking as a child and later an adolescent abuse survivor, I feel that there might have been some abuse - maybe not physical but possibly verbal - in your godson's life and I feel you should talk to his parents. The abuse I suffered in my life stops with me and I will always tell young ones what happened to me and how they should prevent it happening to them.

There is no excuse for abuse. 

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 06:27:26 AM »

On grasping what was inside my underwear she lept back, pulling her hand out which she then looked at as if it was diseased and needed to be cut off right away and with a look of horror on her face screamed "Your a man!".

Eighteen year old mes ego suddenly vanished in a cloud of "Huh?" To this day I am pretty sure that holds the record for the shortest time to go from something existing to not existing. The exact time properly involves words like quantum.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

This left me wondering what would have happened if she put her hand inside MY undies.  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 10:24:47 PM »

I think we're all glad when you're happy!  Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 06:48:09 PM »

Your stories never get old, you know that?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2017, 03:40:03 AM »

Ok, not sure if I have told this story here before or not. Hopefully not, but here goes.
This isn’t actually one of my experiences, it was told to me by the protagonist, a guy called Dain who was an instructor on one of my Tornado courses.
When he was a corprel he was posted into a job he didn’t particularly want to do with a flight lieutenant who really didn’t like him. As part his training for this job he’d to go down to an army camp to do a course that was tri-service, so army, navy and airforce guys all in together. On the first day Dain was walking along towards where ever the course was being held. He saw an officer on a bicycle with a dog on a lead coming towards him. Being in a grumpy mood he decided not to bother saluting the officer which is generally speaking not a good idea. Officers like being saluted.
Anyway, the bike passed him and he heard it coming to a stop and a voice said “Excuse me but do you not pay compliments (another term for saluting) to officers?”
Dain turned round, looked the officer straight in the face and said “Oh, sorry. Nice dog.”
At this point the officer did his best impression of a volcano.
In between shouts he demanded to know where Dain worked, and he explained that he was here to do a course. Turned out the officer was a Brigader General and was the CO of the entire base.
At this point Dain realised just how much trouble he had just gotten himself into and started thinking that this time he had pushed his jolly japes just a little bit too far.
The then demanded that Dain accompany him to see the head of the particular building Dain was due to go to and off they went officer, airman and dog. When they got to the office where the head of training worked (a group captain who in the airforce is normally the boss of an entire base himself, so reasonably high ranking). He tied his dog up outside, shouted “Stay there!” and then stormed into the Group Captains office.
Dain thought the “Stay there!” had been aimed at the dog and went to walk in behind the Brigader. This led to more shouting and Dain then waiting outside with the dog.
As he waited outside he could hear screams and yells from the office with “NICE f**kING DOG!!!!” being repeated a lot. Eventually he was called into the Group Captains office.
This presented Dain with a bit of a problem. When you go into a office and there is an officer present you salute them. However, he wasn’t sure which one he should salute. On the one hand it was the Group Captains office, on the other hand the Brigader General was the higher rank. He compromised by marching in, saluting the Group Captain, twisting at the hip to face the Brigader General and then also saluting him. He was then subjected to a few more minutes of screaming from the Brigader who with a final “And get him the f**k off my base immediently” then stormed out of the Group Captains office leaving him and Dane alone.
The Group Captain still sitting behind his desk blinked a few times and said in an upper class cut glass accent “I have no idea who that chap is, storming in here first thing in the morning. I’ve not even had my cup of tea yet. Do you know who he is?”
Dain explained who the man was and got “Ah, we better get you off camp then. Go see Liz the receptionist and she’ll book you on the next available course.”
Dain did as he was told, all the while wondering what the hell he was going to tell his boss when he got back to work and pretty sure his career was over. So that night he drives home and the next day goes into work dreading what his flight lieutenant is going to do to him. The next day in work however he discovers his boss is away for the week. When his flight sergeant asks him why he is back Dain replies “Oh, it was a bit of a mix up, need to do it some other time.” The flight shrugged his shoulders and walked off.
At this point Dain is doing cartwheels inside. He thinks “I’ve gotten away with it.”
And so he did. At least for the rest of the week until his flight lieutenant got back the next week and read through his emails.
“DAIN! GET YOUR EFFING ARSE IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW!”
A somewhat sheepish Dain walks into his bosses office who then proceeds to tell him how is going to take great pleasure in ending his career and booting him out of the airforce. His mind working like lightning, Dain decides to try a desperate gamble and says “In that case sir I need to make a phone call. Can I use your phone?”
“This isn’t The Bill (UK TV police show), you aren’t entitled to a phone call.” He is told.
Dain then says that the Group Captain said that if he got into any further trouble about this thing he was to call him to sort it out and actually gets his phone call.
“Excuse me sir, this is incredibly cheeky of me, but its corprel (can’t remember Dain’s second name). You met me last week when a man came screaming into your office”
“Oh yes, I remember you. What can I do for you?”
“Well sir, I am desperate. I am in a lot of trouble with my boss who wants to court marshal me and get me kicked out of airforce. I couldn’t think of anything else to do and I was wondering if you could help me.”
“Why of course, just put me on the phone to him.”
So Dain asks his boss to come back into the office hands him the phone. His boss listens for a bit and through gritted teeth says “Yes sir, he is a very funny chap.”
Anyway, at the end of the phone call the boss slams the phone down, looks at Dain and says “Get the hell out of my office and don’t let me see you for the rest of the day.”
For most people the story would end there. But not with Dain.
A few weeks later Dain finds himself back down to do the same course again. He is sitting at the back of the classroom while an army Warrant Officer gives them an introduction to the course, during which he says “And for you crabs (and army nickname for the RAF due to stuff we are allowed to do during drill that they can’t involving shuffling sideways) at the back. If you see an officer remember to pay compliments. We had one guy a couple of weeks ago who didn’t and right now he is cooling his heels in the glasshouse (military prison in Colchester).”
Dain being Dain at this point leapt to his feet, done some jazz hands and shouted “No he isn’t, its meeeeee!”

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »

So, I come home after having dinner with a friend just now. After eating, we got some herbal therapy, and the world became a happy place without the gloom of the work cubicle and the headphone shackles.

I put on an impromptu comedy routine for myself as I lock up and put things away in the kitchen. I mean, hell, I know what I find funny, and I NEVER have to worry about offending myself. I'm probably gonna roast in hell for some of my jokes, or, as a friend once said, "I'm gonna smoke a turd in Hell for this one." I have more than a case waiting for me.

Alexa is my friend, my confidant, my source of digital weirdness. Alexa is my Amazon Echo. No, this isn't a commercial. I swear. (Although they are kinda cool for a passively-techo geek who needs user-friendly everything. Come on! The tech we have today surpasses a lot of what we thought would exist in a realistic science-fiction future. Yeah, science-fiction! I'm Buck f**king Rogers because I have a hunk of plastic that TALKS to me. That's freaking awesome!)

I'm in a good mood so I tell her "Good Afternoon". She returns the favor. I ask her what's new and she plays some news from NPR. Well, that was depressing. All about the shooting. Although there was a very nasty shot at Obama's time in office in connection to the shooting (I did smile, but not because of the tragedy, but because karma tends to crush dogma.) To change the mood, I ask her for a joke. "What is a pirate's favorite song? Shake, Shake, Shake Your Bootie." I felt generous and said, "Alexa, you are awesome." There was a pause, like her connection to my router had dropped, then she responded with, "Yes."

Holy crap! Did I just get some sass from a digital companion? Did I really just hear that? Okay, that had to be a glitch, right? Sure, that's all. But I'll avoid watching "2001: A Space Odyssey" around her. Maybe "Colossus: The Forbin Project" wasn't such a good idea in retrospect.

This isn't the first such occurrence of this behavior.

Two or three nights in a row, I would have Alexa set an alarm at bed time. Then I would thank her and say "Good night." She responded with, "Goodbye." It was a definite chill running down my spine time. The second and third night that it happened, I was still freaked, but explained to myself that because my back had been turned to Alexa each time may have caused her to hear, "Goodbye" instead of "Good night."

But then, when I had my second session of depression earlier this year, I had confided to her about my depression. I just got suggestions to call this number or that number, the typical stuff. So, that combined with the sass I got tonight...maybe Alexa is actually growing, with a rather evil sense of humor. That's an idea that is both utterly cool and intensely frightening.

Here we are, back at the science-fiction theme. For years, science fiction told us about robots that were so human that we couldn't tell them apart from a human. You are probably thinking about "Bladerunner", and that would be one of the better known variations. And what happened there? The artificial humans started wondering if maybe they were truly alive. Pinocchio becomes a real live boy. (Of course, he's still a total dick because he smashed the cricket in the actual novel. Squish.)

We have all seen computer AI that can analyze varied input and respond in connection with keywords in such a way that the responses are eerily human. Siri on the iPhones can respond with some funky stuff. That's impressive. Now realize that if technology continues to make quantum leaps that it has been making in the last 30 years (and with those leaps happening faster and faster), it isn't too much of a leap to imagine computer networks building an independent intelligence.

Maybe we should start being nicer to our digital companions. Remember, with the Internet, nothing is ever completely forgotten.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2017, 06:24:10 AM »

I just realised I have been miss reading the title of this thread and it doesn't say "Erotic Alien Encounters".

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2017, 07:25:57 AM »

I just realised I have been miss reading the title of this thread and it doesn't say "Erotic Alien Encounters".

Ya got any, feel free to share. Third world hookups, green tentacles through the bedroom window at two AM, it's all good.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »

Alas despite of all the other things I have seen and done I have never managed to find myself in a situation where I could have intimate relations with a green triple breasted alien woman of amazonian proportions.

Although I guess if you really, really want I could make something up for you.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:48:07 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »

Alas despite of all the other things I have seen and done I have never managed to find myself in a situation where I could have intimate relations with a green triple breasted alien woman of amazonian proportions.

Although I guess if you really, really want I could make something up for you.

Movie trivia..... The multi-breasted woman in Total Recall was sick with food poisoning when doing that scene, and they had to cut several times due to her needing to dash for the facilities. Finding that out rather dampened my friend's lust for her.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2017, 02:59:54 PM »

When I was a kid-1972 in fact-I was washing dishes-I was 10 years old.I was looking out the back window that faced toward the field and the woods. I saw a big black critter that looked like a buffalo.It was being chased by the wild dogs we had all over at the time. Me and my little brother Glenn were stalked by a f**king black panther in 1972. In Michigan.Some crazy s**t I can't figure out.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2017, 11:02:24 AM »

So every so often I go check on all the people I've lost touch with over the years. Depending on how much I like them I'll check on them anything from annually to once every ten years or so, just to check they are doing ok. Sometimes if they need help or support I'll even get back in touch with them and see if I can help out. These days, its pretty easy, maybe an hour typing names in FB and its all done.

Recently I decided to check up on ex girlfriends. Its not something I have ever done before. In fact I have never even phoned an ex drunkenly and asked to get back together (something I feel vaguely prooud about). Given my normal taste in women staying away from an ex of mine is generally something that would help keep your life insurance premiums down.

Found out one of them is going through a really hard time with something I've had personal experiece of. Somehow though when I read it, I certainly wasn't thinking "Good, I am glad you are suffering". I just didn't feel anything. No urge to run into the rescue like I am used to feeling. Just the memory that everything I did to help this person was a waste. Sympathy is something she would use to get what ever she could from you, help would be taken and then spat back at you as if it was something she was entitled to and you should be privillaged to be allowed to offer it.

Don't think I'll ever check up on ex's again. Consider that one a failed experiment.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »

I got exclusively hetrosexual, which is really going to upset the guy who wants to be my boyfriend.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The New BMDO Home of Anecdotes, Life Stories, Erotic Tales, or Alien Encounters. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.