Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:58 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Princess Diana: the Trevor interview « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Princess Diana: the Trevor interview  (Read 5124 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 24, 2017, 06:36:45 AM »

I was approached by a local TV company the other day for an interview about ordinary South Africans and how their lives were touched by Princess Diana - I don't know how they knew I was a fan, especially of her humanitarian work - and my bosses gave permission for this. Great: I get to honor my Princess and say how someone I never met touched my life - I am a blood donor and an organ donor because of her - so I was looking forward to it.

Then, the you-know-what hit the fan last week: I was told that I also had to talk about apartheid and how being born in and living in South Africa under those circumstances affected my life.

Umm: I wasn't born here and I only came down here in 1987 and what does SA's political history have to do with the Princess? Needless to say, I rejected the interview with a few smiles and more than a few four letter words.

I hate people with hidden agendas.   Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that Trevor. Be glad of one thing: they told you about that line of questioning before the interview.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »

How disappointing!  Such a letdown, but a good thing you were informed beforehand. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 02:28:55 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Trevor. Be glad of one thing: they told you about that line of questioning before the interview.

Thanks: they got permission from my bosses to have me speak about the Princess but they left out the political part, sadly.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:33:23 AM »

How disappointing!  Such a letdown, but a good thing you were informed beforehand. 

It was very disappointing indeed: the person who was going to interview me came to my work, saw my books on the Princess and said "What a nice collection!" to which I replied "That isn't even a quarter of it." I have over two hundred books on her alone: most of them not for her at all.

I still haven't calmed down after giving them an earful about their underhanded tactics and reminding them that I am a non-racial person and a proud public servant who cannot talk about politics, past or present.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 04:42:01 PM »

All the nonsense you've experienced from local TV aside, TREVOR, I applaud your devotion to the People's Princess.  I myself am a huge admirer of DIANA SPENCER.  My sister, like you, has a library devoted to DIANADIANA was an exceptional person who was determined to use her fame to better the world.  The Lady was brave and beautiful, funny, charming, and full of love and life.  It amazes me that the 20th anniversary of her loss is looming and it hurts my heart.  We love you DIANA

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 05:46:27 AM »

All the nonsense you've experienced from local TV aside, TREVOR, I applaud your devotion to the People's Princess.  I myself am a huge admirer of DIANA SPENCER.  My sister, like you, has a library devoted to DIANADIANA was an exceptional person who was determined to use her fame to better the world.  The Lady was brave and beautiful, funny, charming, and full of love and life.  It amazes me that the 20th anniversary of her loss is looming and it hurts my heart.  We love you DIANA

Thanks AHD: I didn't know that you liked her too.  Thumbup

Other than the fact that I had a little crush on her, I admired the fact that she was able to put her personal issues to one side and assist others less fortunate than herself and she really seemed to give a damn, other than so-called celebrities who are causists, instead of being there for people as she was.

She - like my Dad - remains a positive part of my life and I will always miss her. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 10:56:41 AM »

The more one looks at DIANA's life, the more impressive she is.  Publicly embracing the AIDS crisis (and touching sick people - unheard of then) changed the tone of world press regarding the disease.  Going into dangerous territory to publicize the plight of land mine victims and the need for care to the overlooked is not only courageous, but inspiring.  I am not a fan of the British royal family at all, and confess that a bit is rooted in my own family's history (Irish Catholics) but DIANA changed the way the British monarchy is understood and viewed, and despite criticism, changed it for the better.  I admire and love her. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »

that's incredibly deceptive

I'm sorry Trevor  Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:29:00 AM »

The more one looks at DIANA's life, the more impressive she is.  Publicly embracing the AIDS crisis (and touching sick people - unheard of then) changed the tone of world press regarding the disease.  Going into dangerous territory to publicize the plight of land mine victims and the need for care to the overlooked is not only courageous, but inspiring.  I am not a fan of the British royal family at all, and confess that a bit is rooted in my own family's history (Irish Catholics) but DIANA changed the way the British monarchy is understood and viewed, and despite criticism, changed it for the better.  I admire and love her. 

That's cool  Smile

Talking about being a fan of royalty, my special sister Maggi used to work with me and she made it clear that she was not a Diana fan but she loved Sarah Ferguson. My reaction was "That's fine."  On September 1 1997, I got to work - hugely depressed - and Maggi was standing there and she'd been crying. I asked her what was wrong, she said "Diana died" and I thought this was strange, until she said "I know I didn't like her but I feel like I've lost someone I knew."

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »

Talking about being a fan of royalty, my special sister Maggi used to work with me and she made it clear that she was not a Diana fan but she loved Sarah Ferguson. My reaction was "That's fine."  On September 1 1997, I got to work - hugely depressed - and Maggi was standing there and she'd been crying. I asked her what was wrong, she said "Diana died" and I thought this was strange, until she said "I know I didn't like her but I feel like I've lost someone I knew."
Who would not be a fan of DIANA yet love Sarah Ferguson?   Question  I would have respected my friend's feelings too, but I sure wouldn't have understood them. 

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 06:30:28 AM »

Talking about being a fan of royalty, my special sister Maggi used to work with me and she made it clear that she was not a Diana fan but she loved Sarah Ferguson. My reaction was "That's fine."  On September 1 1997, I got to work - hugely depressed - and Maggi was standing there and she'd been crying. I asked her what was wrong, she said "Diana died" and I thought this was strange, until she said "I know I didn't like her but I feel like I've lost someone I knew."
Who would not be a fan of DIANA yet love Sarah Ferguson?   Question  I would have respected my friend's feelings too, but I sure wouldn't have understood them.  

Oh well, that's my Maggi for you: I love her always.  Smile
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:41:11 AM by Trevor » Logged

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 01:25:31 PM »

The Reptilians that took her out had the darkest hidden agenda.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 05:10:10 AM »

I was thinking about this the other day and realized it was a missed opportunity for me: I should have just told the lady "No political questions" beforehand and left it at that, instead of politely telling her what to go do with herself.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Princess Diana: the Trevor interview « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.