Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:36:28 PM
714220 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Riki-Oh 2 AKA "Dint King Inside King" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riki-Oh 2 AKA "Dint King Inside King"  (Read 6830 times)
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

I love Riki-Oh, especially the manga, which completely outdoes the movie in terms of how excessively gory and bizarre it can be, it's a highly-entertaining read.

I think a few people on here about how an unofficial sequel was made, starring the same actor and taking place in the same world, except that the names were changed. This movie takes place just after when Saiga Riki-Oh leaves the prison and discovers an uncharted cape dictated by a man named Washizaki in his search for his brother, and it's a good turning point for the manga, in which it just becomes even more extreme.

The movie adaptation on the other hand is profoundly terrible. I found the whole thing on YouTube once after some difficult searching (the uploader didn't speak English) and I really wish I bookmarked it, because I can't find it at all now. I was immensely disillusioned when I saw it, because it looks like it was shot on a home camera and contained NONE of the token gore that made the franchise so well-known, instead, Riki-Oh just took on huge groups of lackeys who looked like film crew (they wore black caps and black polo neck shirts with jeans), this actually looked hilariously stupid though because it went on for a long time. I stopped watching when Riki-Oh reached an enemy called Robotomi (or just "Robo", because he was a cyborg) who was portrayed here as wearing a chain and just having some lines drawn around his mouth. Riki-Oh's Star of David was tattooed on the back of his neck at least, even though it should really be on top of his hand, it was absent from the first film, it was a cool detail.

Has anyone here seen the full thing? I'd like to see it in its entirety but I really don't want to waste my money on this amateurish crap.
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 02:16:29 AM »

I have not seen it and after reading your description,I guess I never will.
Do you know if the anime has ever been subtitled or dubbed in English?
If you are a fan of Fan Siu Wong(the actor that plays Riki,I think I got his name right..?),check out Stone Age Warriors.It's a fun jungle action movie.
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:11:27 AM »

Thanks for replying, and I'm a bit interested in seeing other movies Siu Wong starred in, they look fun, no matter how cheesy.

I think the OVAs were released in America on one DVD, I'm not sure, one guy on YouTube has the first one up there subtitled.

This unofficial sequel from China is DREADFUL, based on what I saw, but I'd still like to see if there's any other info I can find.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:59:54 AM »

I love Riki-Oh and the manga, which is f**kING WEIRD, and have been trying to find this sequel forever!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »

Any info on how I could purchase/watch this would be sweet.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
BUREINPARESU
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 04:14:42 AM »

I can't name any right now, but you should be able to find it on any site that deals with Asian DVDs, dunno about eBay.
Gibbage
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »

There is a Hong Kong Dvd out there of this movie that is subtitled in english and region free, I found one sealed a couple years back. You can also watch it on youtube if you search super powerful man which was another title for the movie.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Riki-Oh 2 AKA "Dint King Inside King" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.