Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:14 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  HOLY HEARTBREAK! Biggest soul-crushing defeats in sports history. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOLY HEARTBREAK! Biggest soul-crushing defeats in sports history.  (Read 3715 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: July 22, 2017, 02:02:56 AM »

Share your pain, folks!  Or some other team's fans' pain.  Games where defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory.  Games where nothing could go wrong.. but they did.  Games where you said "Man, they have this wrapped up.. what the hell?!  WHY DID THEY DO THAT!!!  *@((%*@&!!!!"

The last Super Bowl in which Atlanta blew a HUGE lead over the Patriots is a good example.

Care to divulge where you were at the time of your chosen collapse?  Watching it at home with friends?  Or did you see it live?  What your reaction was?

Have fun, or not fun, with this topic folks!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »

Two years ago, NFL Playoffs, Cowboys VS. Greenbay.
Despite the universal agreement between Cowboys AND Greenbay fans that Dez caught the ball, the refs ruled that . . .

Dez didn't catch the ball.
There went the scoring drive; there went the game.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »

I had a promising tennis career cut short by a freakish on-court accident that I might add also cost me the match. Does that count?

If not then how about the October 2004 70-10 crushing of the Nebraska Cornhuskers by the Texas Tech Red Raiders, the worst loss in the 114-year history of Nebraska football? I knew guys who were superfans of both teams, and one went into a catatonic state the rest of the weekend and one wore his vocal cords out screaming....but guess which was which, eh?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »

Not a huge football fan but this was one of the few matches I've actually took the time to watch. Scotland were playing Brazil (the then world champions) in the opening game of the '98 world cup. Braxil scored early on and were expected to win by a large margin, but Scotland managed to equalize and the game went into the second half one each. In the 76th minute a French player took a shot at the goal which the goal keeper saved, but which then deflected off a Scottish player and went in the goal ending the match 2-1.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »

This not only kept the Vikings from winning their division in 2003, but they missed the playoffs on this bomb from.. Josh McCown?  Ouch.  By the way, there's PLENTY of heartaches to choose from where the Vikings are concerned.
! No longer available Small | Large

And for more salt in the wound, here's Brett Favre's costly pick near the end of the 2009 NFC title game:
! No longer available Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 08:14:10 AM »

Almost every game that our miserable excuse for a national cricket team has played in.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 06:12:26 AM »

For the Australian cricket team in 2006: this was their biggest defeat of all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_ODI,_Australian_cricket_team_in_South_Africa_in_2005%E2%80%9306

The bowler Mick Lewis never played for his country again.

dean

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 07:20:14 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_ODI,_Australian_cricket_team_in_South_Africa_in_2005%E2%80%9306

We also just lost against Bangladesh. Things aren't so great ;)

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »

We also just lost against Bangladesh. Things aren't so great ;)

I had a feeling I would hear from my Australian family member on this one.  TeddyR

At least you guys have a good team and a big pool of players that you can choose from: we just choke all the time.  Thumbdown

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 12:58:22 PM »

Not a huge football fan but this was one of the few matches I've actually took the time to watch. Scotland were playing Brazil (the then world champions) in the opening game of the '98 world cup. Braxil scored early on and were expected to win by a large margin, but Scotland managed to equalize and the game went into the second half one each. In the 76th minute a French player took a shot at the goal which the goal keeper saved, but which then deflected off a Scottish player and went in the goal ending the match 2-1.

I suppose we can draw some comfort from the fact that we actually qualified for that tournament, it's been a bit ropey since.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 05:56:33 PM »

Nice to know I am not suffering alone there. :)

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  HOLY HEARTBREAK! Biggest soul-crushing defeats in sports history. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.