Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:00:17 AM
713332 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stream of Consciousness « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Stream of Consciousness  (Read 45579 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »

Remind me to buy some popcorn before I read your next post, ER!   BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »

Just pack a lunch, Lewis. It'd be easier.  Drink

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »

When I was a teenager I learned to write cursive in reverse so I could jot thoughts onto someone's back with a magic marker, and he could go in after I left and read it in his bathroom mirror before he scrubbed it off. Originally I wrote my messages normally and he could stand between the door, which had a mirror, and this big mirrored vanity and see it if I wrote left to right, but he moved to a new place that had no looking glass on the door and so I had to learn backward script if I wanted to keep up the tradition. I'd say, "You're not allowed to read it til after I go." He'd play along and read it as soon as I left and tell me when I got home what it said.

Funny the things you'll learn to do when you're motivated, you know it?

One day I sketched this symbol for Kali onto his back and he didn't know, and when he called me at home he asked what it was.

"It's a mark Kali's priestesses ink onto human sacrifices."

He did not appreciate that for some reason, mainly because he and I once had a run-in with an old record filled with creepy chanting to Kali, which we each later confessed spooked us.

That day though I was laughing too hard to admit I made that up, it was just a symbol for Kali in Sanskrit. He still didn't think it was a cool thing to do. Superstitious much?

Writing backward wasn't enough of a challenge and if I was going to the trouble to master a skill, he should put some skin in the game, too, I thought, so I added in one last technique to make things fun, I started writing not just backward but upside down, which did not go over as well, so the time after I just drew a big heart on his back.

Eventually it all became passe and I don't know when the last time I did that was, or what I said.

.detsal ti elihw nuf saw ti tuB

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »

Nice, I used to write to my friends backwards just because it would make life difficult for them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2018, 09:49:30 AM »

Sometimes....

I think we are all divine beings who live eternally in some paradise, our powers more or less limitless, but this gets boring, so we choose to forget what we are and we play this game of being born into mortal bodies, where we might be crazed paupers, or we might be kings, and we play this game until we die, then return and remember what we actually are, and then we stay in our limitless paradise until we feel like doing it again, but being gods we might spend a million years in paradise and then return to the next body a minute after we left the last time. In fact we're so powerful we might be living in more than one body at once, maybe trillions of bodies and lives going on not just on Earth but on other planets, in other dimensions, places where the rules of time and the laws of physics are entirely different. And that's how we keep from going insane in our existence without limits or end.

I think about that.

Sometimes....

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »

Why doesn't anyone ever do a stream of unconsciousness topic?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2018, 08:19:08 PM »

OK, here: "

."

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »

I think Gilligan's Island took place on the same island as Lost.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »

Ever have one of those days where you're not sad or depressed but you know something is wrong and you can't figure out what it is, so it gnaws at you and you think hard and feel for it and it eludes your grasp to define what it is but you know it's there like a cold spot in a room, a ghost unseen but felt in the shadows of the corner opposite the sunlight, tapping at you, like a one-sided whisper, a lopsided floor underfoot, a crazy knowledge pinging the inner ear, broadcasting through the sub-audible the fact that even if you can't say what it is it's there, in you or around you or in route to intersect with your existence, the certainty within the sense itself, that something, just something is not as it ought to be?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »

I went to a ceremony today in which a deceased person's ashes were scattered into an ancient river barely below flood stage, and everyone was asked to say something, so I thought about quoting Gaiman's Death and remarking on how whatever its length we all get the same thing, a lifetime, but instead I recited this lovely 20th century Irish poem, not because it described the departed in this case but because when I first told it to him in high school he said "that destroys" which I always hoped meant he liked it.

The Four Ages of Man

He with body waged a fight,
But body won; it walks upright.
Then he struggled with the heart;
Innocence and peace depart.

Then he struggled with the mind;
His proud heart he left behind.
Now his wars on God begin;
At stroke of midnight God shall win.

--W.B. Yeats

Stupid heroin.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:33:47 PM by ER » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »

Ever have one of those days where you're not sad or depressed but you know something is wrong and you can't figure out what it is, so it gnaws at you and you think hard and feel for it and it eludes your grasp to define what it is but you know it's there like a cold spot in a room, a ghost unseen but felt in the shadows of the corner opposite the sunlight, tapping at you, like a one-sided whisper, a lopsided floor underfoot, a crazy knowledge pinging the inner ear, broadcasting through the sub-audible the fact that even if you can't say what it is it's there, in you or around you or in route to intersect with your existence, the certainty within the sense itself, that something, just something is not as it ought to be?

Are you saying that's not everyday normal life?  Question

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2018, 10:19:29 AM »

Are you saying that's not everyday normal life?  Question
Ha! No, man, even by my standards that was a strange day, so strange that when I told someone who knows me better than almost anyone else about it, he suggested I go get a brain scan.   BounceGiggle

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2018, 08:18:53 PM »

Interesting afternoon today, me. Sat and talked inside a tomb for three hours. Anyone top that?

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2018, 08:54:27 PM »

I worked on fixing a hole on my kitchen floor and building a paint station today.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »

I worked on fixing a hole on my kitchen floor and building a paint station today.
Oh, cool! Was this before or after you went to work?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stream of Consciousness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.