Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:11:57 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stream of Consciousness « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: Stream of Consciousness  (Read 45630 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2018, 11:04:14 PM »

I worked on fixing a hole on my kitchen floor and building a paint station today.
Oh, cool! Was this before or after you went to work?

Given the number and length of your posts here I concluded posting here is your career.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2018, 11:06:55 PM »

I worked on fixing a hole on my kitchen floor and building a paint station today.
Oh, cool! Was this before or after you went to work?

Given the number and length of your posts here I concluded posting here is your career.
Dang, Sven, you're actually right. Or at least it was til midnight last night, and now my employers have reassigned me. The irony is in your sarcasm you're right. I was employed to hide codes within messages. You're astute.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »

I've been thinking of how we in our own iteration of the present consider ourselves so much more sophisticated than the Victorians because we have a cultural openness about sexual matters and they did not, yet we in turn  shun death and hide it away from our sight, our houses, our thoughts, cruelly encasing our elders in hospitals, there to die instead of at home, when Victorians faced mortality, spoke about it seemingly every day, were brave in its nearness. Who really then is the more solid, we who define our sophistication in things of pleasure, or our forebears who didn't flinch at unpleasantness, as we do?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2018, 12:34:19 PM »

I was surprised by today's news that my cousin's daughter is moving back to the US this summer after being in Argentina since right after high school graduation in 2014. She's one of the most determined and interesting people I know, making plans as early as middle school to live in Buenos Aires, mastering Argentine Spanish, saving up, then actually having the courage to go alone at age eighteen and support herself in a foreign country. Not many thirty-year-olds could do that, let alone a teenage girl. She's bitingly intelligent in a Wednesday Addams way and has had a uniquely fierce quality her entire life that I admire but couldn't possibly duplicate. She is also militantly proud of never having had sex, and not in some wispy "saving-myself" way, more like how an ancient Amazon warrior might be, and given her maternal DNA (especially the way their mom's swivvy-loving genes manifested in her younger brother) that's an achievement. I'm looking forward to her being back this summer because she makes life more interesting but I will miss her reports which have taught me a lot, including the fact that Argentine people love faux English pubs, which dot B.A., despite the Argentines mistakenly thinking they should own the Falklands. I wrote and told her she's one of my heroes. Her reply? "I am? Why's that?" I love her.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »

I've taken up Talmudic studies again through our local Jewish center and came across something said by the Medieval French rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki, known to history of course as Rashi, who opined:

"When another transgresses upon you, set aside his offense. Though G-d has not granted that we should leave it unremembered, it is holy to act as if we have."

That's pretty dang apt.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »

Where I am the snow is falling so hard visibility isn't fifty feet. It's beautiful and unexpected and potentially deadly with wrecks and overturned trucks everywhere and still the squall continues interchanging white-outs with sudden patches of baby blue skies, delicate as powder.  We made a fire and it's crackling in the century-old fireplace beneath the German mantel my grandfather bought my grandma as a present in 1972, while the hot chocolate steams and my old dog lies so close to the flames her fur seems to rise and fall in the air that dances the orange serpents. Winter's last kiss may be a hard one, mashing lips with its ivory teeth but it's still a kiss.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »

Oooooooh, winter beside a roaring fireplace. Slightly jealous.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »

A couple days ago I suddenly realized I was still working a job I was no longer getting paid to do and having no fun doing it. Light bulb went off in my head.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »

Many years ago, long before even considering my current job I did briefly (for about half an hour) entertain thoughts about becoming a globe trotting assassin (people kept offering me money to kill people, so I figured it was worth thinking about). The girl who wanted to accompany me on these 'adventures' however could not stand the sight of blood, got upset by swearing (on the plus side though she had phoned me up at 4 am in the morning and asked me how much I would charge to kill her younger sister) and I had to generally consider her as ill suited to such a job and besides what is that point of doing that job if you don't have a glamourous woman to share in it with you?

Anyway, I decided the disadvantages of the job (risk of long prison sentence, p**sed off relatives trying to hire someone to bump you off in retaliation and so on) outweighed the potential advantages.

Plus I could see that it would be much more cost effective to record people trying to hire me to kill off someone for them and then use this as blackmail material. After all if you kill someone you can only really get paid for that once, whereas if you can threaten to give proof of someone trying to get someone else killed you can milk that for money for years. I mean I am sure not just the police but the potential target would be very interested in that information.

Oh, and I guess there is a whole moral component to the thing that should be considered. Of course, now with a baby, Lone Wolf and Cub aside it would be pretty hard to follow such a career. One of these days though I am going to work out just how much money I have been offered through my life to kill people and estimate what kind of earnings I could have potentially made if I had taken it up. Not because I really wish I had done it, but just out of curiosity. I am happy with my life and how it has went. :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:57:41 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2018, 02:15:33 PM »

f**k me, man, I've known those types, not one was an American, and they're like psychopathic nerds more than the popular depiction of them. I'm glad you reconsidered, you'd have to look over your shoulder the rest of your life til life itself was bleached white of all goodness.

Oh, and then you die and come back as a nun in Haiti.

Strictly a compliment to say you're too good inside to be one of those.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2018, 04:25:21 PM »

Lol, no one has ever told me that I am too good to be a Haitian nun before. Thanks.  BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2018, 06:53:08 PM »

Most terrifying of all life forms, nuns.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »

Must be why I never get to hear nun of those jokes about them. We'll have nun of your mockery here then.  Drink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2018, 09:04:37 PM »

Oooooooh, winter beside a roaring fireplace. Slightly jealous.

Yeah- come to Michigan-you'll get all that s**t you wan't-and then some. You'll curse Old Man Winter within days.
But it's been beautiful here for the last week or so-in the 40's and 50's. Snow's melted! Kids are riding bikes and wearing short sleeve shirts! (40's weather in Michigan-kids wear short sleeve shirts-truly Michiganders.  Smile)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »

I wish someone would send some snow our way.  This is three winters in a row with NO significant frozen precip!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stream of Consciousness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.