Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:02 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever done drugs with your parents? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ever done drugs with your parents?  (Read 2459 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: September 18, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »

Seriously.

I'm asking because someone I know made a comment to the effect she wanted to do cocaine with her son, who just turned eighteen, and that jolted me and felt completely wrong on so many, many levels. But I've mentioned it to a few people whose reactions didn't line up with mine and they didn't seem to share my sense of outrage.

Has permissive ol' me finally found something that makes me inappropriately shocked or is getting high with even your adult offspring as gross as it strikes me that it is?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:33:35 AM »

Not that I have a ton of experience with illegal drugs but I couldn't imagine sitting down to smoke some grass with my mum never mind something harder.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:33:58 PM »

Theres something actually shocking about the thought of a parent doing cocaine with their child. Even gross. I did plenty of "experimenting" back in the day but i would never want to do something like that with my mom. For a parent to participate in something with a child is enabling and approving. I have pretty liberal views as far as drugs are concerned unless it envolves children, even grown children. Be outraged, because thats just not cool.

exterminate all rational thought.....
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:16:37 PM »

Now I think of it I did get tipsy on wine with my mother on one of my birthdays in the '00s. I'm such a hypocrite.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:23:53 PM »

Wine and Coke in are two whole different levels. But then, I have never been drunk or high, with my parents or otherwise.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 03:40:58 AM »

Not with my own parents, no. I have done some with a girlfriend's parent though. Every time I would visit, her mom would have a joint in rotation. Once she made hash brownies for everyone on Easter I think it was.

I think I also got super wasted off vodka & cranberry juice with her at a wedding too. We still keep in touch even though I'm not seeing her daughter. I guess that's odd.

I know two of my cousins smoked cannabis with their mom for years, and I suppose it is a little strange. I don't think I would ever want to have that experience myself, but then again, my mom doesn't partake in anything.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:48:38 AM by A_Dubya » Logged

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »

My (adult) sons smoke pot. Lots more than I ever have.I smoke with them on occasion-actually-they smoke with me-I can't afford pot. But-cocaine Oh HELL no! I would beat they're asses if they ever did coke! I've gotten drunk with my dad.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 04:29:36 PM »

Only with sugar and alcohol.

yeah no.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 06:56:00 AM »

f**k narcotics.

However, when in our mid 30s, my sister and I smoked some grass with my mother once (whom you could tell had only done it a couple of times before).

It was funny and really weird at the same time. But again, we were well into adulthood (well, I'm still trying to get there, mentally haha!); I couldn't imagine having done that with her at 18 or even 25. 

Now that I'm a parent, I couldn't imagine partaking with my teens, even when they reach adulthood. Might be different by the time they reach their mid 30s, heh (but would still be weird).

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

Not that i do drugs but if your mom was a hot soccer mom i might be tempted. Is that wrong?

exterminate all rational thought.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »

My Dad bought my brother Mike a beer on his 18th birthday.

I NEVER drank with my kids. My kids don't drink. I'm a lush. I always told them-"Don't EVER drink-it will ruin your life." And they saw what happened to they're Uncle Richie because of his crack-and later meth-use. He's dead.
So they smoke pot. Fine with me. I wish all I did was smoke pot. Booze has destroyed my health-and every time I went to jail-it had something to do with my drinking.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 11:40:38 AM »

Yikes! No!  What the heck?

Drinking responsibly with a parent after you are a full-blown adult when issues with addiction are not in the picture is totally different.

I had a friend at work recently tell me that he was told to purchase pot and beer for his son’s 15th birthday by his son’s mother because those are the things he is into now (she was not being sarcastic).  My chin dropped, but I quickly picked it back up before he noticed.  My friend then explained to me that he thought the beer was fine because his son was into sports and those guys always drink, there’s no way around it, but he was very disappointed about the pot and didn’t know how to address it…. You know, because pot makes you fat.

I didn’t really know what to say.  I expressed my disapproval with humor, but that conversation really freaked me out.  I came home and told my husband our daughter isn’t allowed at any other friends houses unless I am allowed to stalk the parents.

I know for some families this is normal and usually no one ends up any worse for the wear, the kids don’t always become criminals, knocked up, broke, living in squalor, fighting addiction in their 20’s, etc. but I think cocaine is pretty serious.  Not OK.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »

My friend then explained to me that he thought the beer was fine because his son was into sports and those guys always drink, there’s no way around it, but he was very disappointed about the pot and didn’t know how to address it…. You know, because pot makes you fat.

Very weird story but this is the weirdest part of all. He doesn't realize BEER makes you fat?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever done drugs with your parents? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.