Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:45 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Hollywood Serial Killer... Hollywood Sign suicide « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hollywood Serial Killer... Hollywood Sign suicide  (Read 10977 times)
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 22, 2017, 02:44:44 PM »

Another from late 70s/early 80s, may have been based on the Hollywood Hillside Strangler.  I've looked all of those movies up but I don't think I've found the right one.  This was very low budget, started with the guy killing a waitress pr barmaid, and I think it ended with him hanging himself on the Hollywood sign.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »

Sorry, I don't know, but there was a suicide associated with the Hollywood Sign. In September, 1932, an actress named Peg Entwistle jumped to her death from the letter H. And the sign use to be the Hollywoodland Sign. If you want to know what happened to the land portion of the sign, then watch The Rocketeer from 1991. That explains what happened in true Hollywood fashion.
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »

Still looking, any ideas?  New members?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 04:12:01 PM »

Maybe the HOLLYWOOD STRANGLER VS. the SKID ROW SLASHER  (1979)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0824306/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:36:38 PM »

I'm probably wrong but could it be the 1966 dragnet MFTV movie that I think was. Shown in theaters in 1969?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 04:03:35 PM »

I don't think that any of the films above are the right one although that "HOLLYWOOD STRANGLER VS. the SKID ROW SLASHER" sure looks good and very similar to the one I'm after.  Anyone else?
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

This is HOLLYWOOD 90028 (a.k.a. THE HOLLYWOOD HILLSIDE STRANGLER, TWISTED THROATS) from 1973.
Obscure sleazy flick that's actually getting a blu release soon, I believe.
The final scene - after 70 minutes of mostly talking - is the killer hanging himself off the Y in the Hollywood sign.
We pull back from the suicide until the man is just a speck against the landscape.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078728/
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »

I think you may have this one!  I'll probably need to see the blu ray to be sure, but the trailer looks right.  Thanks for your help!
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 06:24:37 AM »

Is JJWX still around? Did they check the blu-ray? Was Rayo correct? (Rayo usually is...)
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 11:25:58 AM »

I'm still around.  I looked to see if it was out on blu-ray a few times and it seems that its coming but isn't here yet.  I'll keep looking though.
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 05:15:15 PM »

Good to know you are still out there and we might close this case someday!  Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Hollywood Serial Killer... Hollywood Sign suicide « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.