Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:16:29 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Netflix Marvel « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Netflix Marvel  (Read 5332 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: September 23, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »

I'm guessing we can talk this in the TV area, although it's more a streaming thing as it's not on TV, but it's episodic.  The Netflix Marvel shows have been fantastic.  They've had Daredevil (2 Seasons), Jessica Jones (1 completed, a second is coming), Luke Cage (1 finished, 2nd filming), Iron Fist (1 done, possibly a second), and it culminated with The Defenders, teaming up Jess, Daredevil, Luke and Fist.  Punisher played a role in Daredevil season 2 and is now getting his own spinoff.

Has anyone here watched any of them? Thoughts?

I loved both Daredevil seasons, Jessica Jones is underrated, and Cage was great.  Fist...had pacing issues.  Could've been 9 episodes instead of 13. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 04:08:09 PM »

I can't say I have seen any of them, but, excluding Defenders, which is listed as being more of a miniseries, than a continuing series like the others, I have heard good things about 3 of the 4. The 3 being Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil On the other hand, I have heard mostly bad things about Iron Fist. Some even calling it the worst thing that Marvel has ever done, which I think is hyperbole. Has anybody seen Howard the Duck? Still, I am glad that Iron Fist seems to have gotten another chance with the Defenders.

Looking at what else may be available, I think Netflix is doing Punisher as a series, with 13 episodes, and with release date some time later this year in 2017.

Of course, there is a fly in the ointment, as we know no one in Hollywood always gets along with everyone else for ever, and as a disagreement has arisen between Netflix and the House of Mouse, who wholly owns Marvel, Punisher may be the last Marvel series to be seen on Netflix, for some time in the near future, the House of Mouse wants to start its own streaming service, which would include product from Marvel.

And we will see what we will see.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »

What I wanna know -when are they gonna do something with one of my favorite Marvel characters-Prince Namor, the SUB-MARINER?  I mean-gee-Subby came out in 1939-even before Cap! He was in the first Marvel era series-the Fantastic Four-and yet guys like Iron Fist get a show? C'mon!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »

Luke Cage was my favorite. Jessica Jones was meh. Never really cared about her as a character, but I enjoyed Carrie Ann-Moss as Hogarth. I wasn't into Daredevil as a character, so I only watched maybe 2 episodes of that and wasn't very impressed. Defenders was okay, I guess. Aside from Luke Cage, in my view, none of the others were memorable or worth really watching religiously.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »

What I wanna know -when are they gonna do something with one of my favorite Marvel characters-Prince Namor, the SUB-MARINER?  I mean-gee-Subby came out in 1939-even before Cap! He was in the first Marvel era series-the Fantastic Four-and yet guys like Iron Fist get a show? C'mon!
They should do something with him.  I'd love to see it.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:09:06 PM »

I can't say I have seen any of them, but, excluding Defenders, which is listed as being more of a miniseries, than a continuing series like the others, I have heard good things about 3 of the 4. The 3 being Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil On the other hand, I have heard mostly bad things about Iron Fist. Some even calling it the worst thing that Marvel has ever done, which I think is hyperbole. Has anybody seen Howard the Duck? Still, I am glad that Iron Fist seems to have gotten another chance with the Defenders.

Looking at what else may be available, I think Netflix is doing Punisher as a series, with 13 episodes, and with release date some time later this year in 2017.

Of course, there is a fly in the ointment, as we know no one in Hollywood always gets along with everyone else for ever, and as a disagreement has arisen between Netflix and the House of Mouse, who wholly owns Marvel, Punisher may be the last Marvel series to be seen on Netflix, for some time in the near future, the House of Mouse wants to start its own streaming service, which would include product from Marvel.

And we will see what we will see.

I believe, as of this moment, these series plus Punisher will continue for Netflix.  Only because Netflix themselves funded (or at least partially funded) production on them so, since they're funded in part by Netflix, they have first rights to airing them or producing new seasons.  It's the other Disney and Marvel stuff.  Right now, Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange are available for streaming plus other Disney films.  Until the contract dissolves. 

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »

Daredevil - Best (10/10)

Jessica Jones - Second Best (9/10)

Luke Cage - Pretty good (7/10)

Iron Fist - Somewhat disappointing (4/10)

Defenders - Extremely disappointing (2/10)

Some even calling it the worst thing that Marvel has ever done, which I think is hyperbole.

Captain America with Reb Brown, the 1990s Captain America, Every Fantastic Four movie ever made, Daredevil with Ben Afflek, Elektra, X-Men Last Stand, X-Men Origins Wolverine, Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Ang Lee's Hulk.
Take your pick.

Has anybody seen Howard the Duck?

*Points at original poster*
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:44:45 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

dean

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 10:12:49 PM »

The first season of Daredevil was pretty great, but alot of that was off the back of some pretty well made action sequences and a terrific villain with the Kingpin. The second season got a bit messy but the Punisher was also pretty terrific.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are both pretty decent. Depends on how much you connect with them but both had something deeper to say than 'hey ninjas'. Jessica Jones overall is my favourite of the two as it was a bit more consistant but I liked alot of what Cage had in it, although it suffered from a problem with the shifting antaganosists.

Iron Fist was messy but I enjoyed it probably more than the average. They just didn't get the tone right and it just annoyed me so much how similar it mirrored aspects of Arrow: billionaire son gets lost and becomes some fighting master.

The Defenders was interesting but ultimately I wasn't a fan. Went too quickly and the villains and the plot were wasted.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 09:22:58 PM »

DEVIL DINOSAUR would be fantastic!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:16 PM »

The Punisher
Small | Large

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 09:23:16 PM »

So far Punisher is turning out better than expected. It has some issues with pacing and the scenes with the cops are pretty boring.
It's worth noting that the first episode is not very good and has little to do with the show's overarching story.
That said the later episodes do a great job of giving Frank Castle a character. He's more than just a damaged man with PTSD brooding like
a protagonist in a crappy video game.

---
Minor Spoilers
---

There is a scene where he's facing the threat of being blown up in three minutes and he's eating beans, with a combat knife, with an expression of pure boredom, as he stares at some helpless sap tied to a chair, not having a single f**k to give. It's kind of amazing and actually shows him having a personality. A really weird one but a personality nonetheless.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:01 PM »

The finale of Punisher where we see the origins of Jigsaw are brutal to watch but sets up the already confirmed season 2.  I wanna see where that goes.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »

Sat and watched The Punisher and enjoyed it enough to want to go watch Daredevil. Looking forward to season 2 as well.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 07:16:25 PM »

Sat and watched The Punisher and enjoyed it enough to want to go watch Daredevil. Looking forward to season 2 as well.
Daredevil Season 1 was good, but season 2 I dug more.  Some feel differently though.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 09:28:38 PM »

Well, Marvel Studios has control over Fantastic Four again.  maybe he'll show up there next time they make a movie. 

I'd love to see it. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Netflix Marvel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.