Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:32:40 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's The Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's The Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate?  (Read 4146 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: September 24, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »

The last meal topic in here had me thinking, so we were talking about that this morning while waiting on a table after church, and then we got into weird things we'd eaten, and my friend's father said he once ate a lion steak back in the 1970s.

We all stopped and looked at him and he nodded.

His wife said, "And...you never thought to mention this before now? 'Hey, guess what, I've eaten lion'?"

Oh, me, somehow her reaction made me laugh, but I guess you'd have to know her.

He was like, "Yeah, it was down in the islands in 1979 on that trip with the chemical companies, and lion steak was on the menu, and I thought when am I going to have that chance again, so I ordered one, it was around forty US dollars even back then, and some of the guys I was with split it with me, we all chipped in."

I asked him how they knew it was actually a lion and he said, "Well it tasted like a lion probably would, real gamey and strong."

Wow!

So anyone want to give thought to this scintillating topic?

Me, I don't know, maybe the weirdest thing I ever ate was a snow-cone made from ice from an ancient glacier, though Elmer's glue in kindergarten might give it a run for its money.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:48:44 AM »

When I was stationed in Japan, we went to a very exclusive sushi restaurant with a huge live tank.  You picked the fish you wanted as it swam around, and they netted it, fileted it, showed you the head so you could see it was still moving, and served you the filets with rice and wasabi then and there.  Best sushi ever!!

I've also eaten raccoon chili.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »

I've had a kangaroo steak and ostrich burgers.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »

I was fishing with my freinds Bud and Gary in 1985 and I took a handfull of worms and chewed them up and ate them.
In 1986 my brother Glenn grabbed a cricket and smashed it-I picked it up and ate it.
I also picked up a large black beetle and Tiana dared me to eat it-so I did.
I dunno-I have this weird compulsion to eat insects.  Question They are crunchy. And ALIVE.
I know this sounds strange-but when I was a kid I used to eat ants.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:38:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »

The contents of my diaper and sand when I was about 2.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »

let me see:
cricket - ate one as kid on a dare. tasted like dirt. probably ate a lot of bugs unintentionaly.

frog legs and alligator - a little weird but becoming more common in grocery stores now. tastes like chicken.

jelly fish - has a neutral salt water taste. absorbs whatever spice or flavor is added.

anchovies - love em! they compliment pasta and italion food really well. usually gets an eeew response.

rattle snake - tasty when grilled, to me it has a taste somewhere between fish and chicken.

donkey - while living in mexico, a donkey was struck by lightning. instead of going to waste, it was eaten. This is the absolute toughest meat I have ever eaten. no flavor at all. It was like chewing on a leather belt. I chewed until my jaw was numb. I only ate a small piece because I was afraid that it wouldnt digest.

exterminate all rational thought.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:02 PM »

let me see:

frog legs

Oh my goodness. When we were kids-we used to go frogging. With tomato stakes-stab em. Oh my goodness-so good eatin!
Snapping turtle is good too! I lived around old Russian and Polish farmers-we ate everything!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »

My husband cooked and ate goat's head stew once (the goat head was on sale at the meat market).  He eats a lot of eyeballs too.  I think both are totally gross.

I'm really picky so I haven't eaten anything that I think could really be considered weird.  However, working in downtown Chicago, I get invited to fancy (expensive) lunch places pretty regularly and the menus are always super limited and stupidly loaded with stuff I don't eat like mustard and onions and jalapenos and/or something like a $65 steak.  I always have to find the one item with ingredients that I don't disdain that isn't the highest cost on the menu.  One time I ordered a dish that was mushrooms (I think maitake) and sweet potatoes - sounds like it should be normal, right?  Nope!  It was like I was served a giant crispy tumbleweed with crispy sweet potato chips on the side.  So weird.  My boss knew how uncomfortable I was about eating out and was pressing his lips together trying not to laugh the whole time while I picked at my crispy tumbleweed.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 07:42:37 PM »

that's why you are Dark Alex

Also, I've eaten chickens feet they were rubbery and bad
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »

My husband cooked and ate goat's head stew once (the goat head was on sale at the meat market).  He eats a lot of eyeballs too.  I think both are totally gross.

I'm really picky so I haven't eaten anything that I think could really be considered weird.  However, working in downtown Chicago, I get invited to fancy (expensive) lunch places pretty regularly and the menus are always super limited and stupidly loaded with stuff I don't eat like mustard and onions and jalapenos and/or something like a $65 steak.  I always have to find the one item with ingredients that I don't disdain that isn't the highest cost on the menu.  One time I ordered a dish that was mushrooms (I think maitake) and sweet potatoes - sounds like it should be normal, right?  Nope!  It was like I was served a giant crispy tumbleweed with crispy sweet potato chips on the side.  So weird.  My boss knew how uncomfortable I was about eating out and was pressing his lips together trying not to laugh the whole time while I picked at my crispy tumbleweed.

The goat head aint so weird-I was at a Mexican party-the roasted a goat-I ate the eye ball and did a shot of El Presidente!Nasty s**t! I love Mexican parties.Good people and good fun. I worked with Mexicans for 30 years at Honee Bear Canning--some of the best folks I ever met in my whole life. Kinda why I think Trump is am a***ole. Mexicans are some of the hardest working folks I ever met in my life. Build a wall? s**t man-mexicans do most of the work you lazy soft white people won't.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:10:03 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
dean

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 09:42:47 PM »

Kangaroo is readily available here but that's not surprising since I'm in Australia. Other national emblems you can eat here are Emu and, to a lesser availability, Crocodile.

I've had cricket Mole in Mexico which was I suppose unusual though it was a 'delicacy' there. Ants in Queensland, Grubs in Central Australia, Cobra in Indonesia and I'm sure more things but that's all I can think of that's 'unusual' off the top of my head.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 07:44:44 AM »

Kangaroo is readily available here but that's not surprising since I'm in Australia. Other national emblems you can eat here are Emu and, to a lesser availability, Crocodile.

I've had cricket Mole in Mexico which was I suppose unusual though it was a 'delicacy' there. Ants in Queensland, Grubs in Central Australia, Cobra in Indonesia and I'm sure more things but that's all I can think of that's 'unusual' off the top of my head.

You've traveled a lot.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pacman000
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 12:02:44 PM »

Probably Reindeer. Just a little bit on a trip, just to try it, a taste really.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »

I deep-fried some grasshoppers once, just to see what  they were like; rather like pork rinds.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »

I had frog legs when I was growing up.

Probably the weirdest thing was octopus over in Sicily.  It tasted pretty good but I had a hard time getting past the suckers.

I prefer northern Italian food over southern Italian.  Northern Italian is more pasta, meats, tomatoes, etc.  In Sicily it's a lot of seafood. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's The Weirdest Thing You Ever Ate? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.