Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:57:06 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Direct to video western / lawman witha 'shot pistol' « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Direct to video western / lawman witha 'shot pistol'  (Read 7615 times)
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 24, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »

I saw this one on cable, probably in the 90s.  Sort of a western but in a cold weather climate.  In an early scene the star confronts a guy, puts a very large sawed off shotgun or some type of pistol to the guys chest and fires.  This creates quite a flying mess behind him.  Any ideas?

JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:12:57 AM »

Still hoping to find this one, any ideas?
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 04:13:26 PM »

Bump, would like to find this one.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 09:12:12 PM »

You write that it's "sort of" a western but maybe this is THE GREAT SILENCE (1968).
It takes place in a snowy mountain town but is an actual (spaghetti) western.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22the+great+silence%22&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7n8_3jePjAhWFMnwKHTC7DCAQ_AUIEigC&biw=1598&bih=916
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »

Looks like a good one, but it's not the one I'm looking for.  I'd guess that the one I'm after was made in the early 80s.

One memorable scene (and I'm not normally into this type of thing, I just remember it)... the protagonist confronts a guy at an outdoor encampment.  He puts that shot pistol or sawed off shotgun to the guys chest.  The camera cuts to behind the guy and after a verbal exchange he is shot, you see a spray of blood etc. fly out of his back.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »

Do you remember if the pistol looked like this?

That's a LeMat revolver, a popular side arm for confederate officers in the civil war. It had a single barrel shotgun under the main barrel. If you don't believe me ask indy I'm sure he's heard of these.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »

I don't think thats it, as i remember if had more of a 'blunderbus' look about it.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 12:50:32 AM »

I wonder if this is UTU (1983)
You can see the blunderbuss like gun in the film here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4qvGJRw4YU
He uses it to shoot a number of people in the movie.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 10:59:13 AM »

Possibly "Death Hunt" (1981).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082247/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
JJWX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 07:11:11 AM »

I think you've solved the "old Buffalo Woman" thread, but for some reason the reply is under the "Shot Pistol" thread.  You know your stuff, maybe you can solve that one too!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 07:21:35 AM »

There was a made for TV movie in the 90's that sounds vaguely similar from what little I remember of it. The Last Outlaw. Mickey Rourke uses what looks like a cross between a pistol and a double barreled shotgun if memory serves. Long time since I last saw it though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Direct to video western / lawman witha 'shot pistol' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.