Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:54:28 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The October Halloween Horror topic!  (Read 21272 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 11:09:51 PM »

I watched this movie a long time ago and really enjoyed it.  If I ever get the chance to snag a copy, I'd like to own it.
I'd love to see somebody with an actual budget remake this. 

Tonights movie...

This is a stinker. 

A group of friends break down in the middle of nowhere.  One of them goes to get help while the other two wait by the car.  Suddenly a frightened woman runs up to them and tell them how all her friends have been killed and somebody has been after her for the last two days.  Then they;'re all killed by cannibal rednecks.  Then a pumpkin monster kills the cannibal rednecks.  The rest of the movie has nothing to do with this beginning. 

In a very convoluted poorly told way, we find out that a a young man was in an accident a year ago that killed his father, left him brain damaged, and gave him the desire to wear the worlds stupidest looking hat.  I think he was supposed to be brain damaged anyway.  He stops acting that way half through the movie and just starts acting normal with no explination given.    meanwhile, a group of friends that don't seem to like each other talk about their secret that nobody else can EVER find about about.  (They caused the accident.)  A few days right before Halloween a deformed pumpkin shows up on the doorstep of the accident.  When he tries to carve it into a jack o'lantern, it bleeds.  he carves it anyway, and then the people who caused the accident start getting killed by ... something.

The movie eventually ends because .. it's daylight?  It makes no sense.  Then it finishes up with a "boy I hope somebody wants a sequel to this" hook.   

Generally the movie is poorly paced, poorly written, and bad in just about every way a movie can be bad, and not in a good way either. 

The monster doesn't look like the cover either. It looks like this.   
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »

The House that Screamed

I love that title.

Set in 19th century France, a very strict and abusive woman runs a girls boarding school.  
Also in that school is the headmistresses son, a timid young man that she tried keep locked up and away from the girls because she claims they're no good and he needs a woman more like her.  

Some of the girls have gone missing however, and while the other girls say they've escaped, they were actually killed off by somebody lurking in the school and watching them.  

The movie is a bit slow, but heavily atmospheric.  It even gets hard to watch sometimes not due to the murders, but due to the physical and mental abuse the characters are put through by the headmistress and the girl she's taken as her protege.  

It also has a wonderfully dark ending.  

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »

I really don't have much to say about this one.  You know the story; you know what happens.  This movie is a classic in every sense of the word and deserved all the praise it gets.     

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »

Cult of Chucky

This is a new one.  I hadn't even seen it before tonight.  Neither have you.  (If you say otherwise, I'm going to assume you waited until after this post to watch the movie.)  I was actually really impressed by the last direct to DVD Child's Play movie and this one, while not quite as good, is still really great. 

It picks up after the last movie, where the sole survivor is now in a mental institution because they believe she actually killed her entire family even though she insists that it was the doll.  Things really aren't helped when her doctor brings in a good guy doll to help with her therapy.  (The doctor being a real messed piece of work himself.) 

Then there's Andy, from the original movies, he plays a big role.  He's been living alone with the living served head of Chucky that he talks to and tortures.  Of course hearing about the other woman, he decides to help out, especially when bodies start turning up. 

Also, Chucky has picked up a new trick that I don't want to spoil, but brings a lot of new life back into things. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 09:33:27 PM »

I watched this one last weekend and liked it quite well!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:09:31 AM »

Henry was one of those movies my cousin showed me when I was in middle school, hoping to warn me off strangers and traumatize me for the fun of it. Contrary to her expectations I thought it was incredibly disturbing, yes, but also one of the better low budgets movies I'd ever seen. I'd go so far as to say it's a classic.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »

Wicked Lake

A group of (insert explicative here) unlikable women go on a trip to a lake where they're constantly being all lesbian and making out with each other when they're attacked by a group of sadistic perverted, equally unlikable crazies.  Then at midnight, we find out the girls were actually witches and serial killers and the tables turn. 

There's a minor subplot about also unlikable cops investigating the murders the girls have committed. 

Not worth watching. 

zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »

I won a VHS copy of Henry in a radio competition, but somehow they messed up and sent me Jaws instead. still never seen Henry, far as I can remember...

Not seen Dracula 3D, but I've not liked any argento stuff since Terror At The Opera except The Card Player which was so bad it was funny. Might have to check it out.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »

Well, then you need to go watch Henry.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »

Cult of Chucky

This is a new one.  I hadn't even seen it before tonight.  Neither have you.  (If you say otherwise, I'm going to assume  

Me and Tiana saw it the night it premiered on Netflix. Tiana's a big Chucky fan. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was quite gory!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »

I really love that they've moved Chucky away from the tongue and cheek camp stuff back to full horror again. 

So for today given the date, I thought I would treat myself and go to the theater.  ... it was Friday the 13th.  It's October.  Surprisingly no movies I can think of use that as a set-up.  I thought Happy Death Day was going to.  It certainly made a big deal out of using that as the release date.  Sadly, the movie doesn't take place in October or on the 13th.   

The movie itself, it's slasher Groundhog's Day.  One character even makes a comparison to Groundhog's Day.  A fraternity girl keeps waking up on her birthday and everyday it ends with her being killed by a figure in a creepy baby mask.  So she has to figure out who the killer is and how to stop them. 

It's hard to get into at first because the main character is such an unlikable b*tch.  She's the stuck-up, better than you, slutty, cheating, sorority girl type.  Now she does get a LOT better and become a much more enjoyable character as the movie goes on, but in the beginning it's rough.  Towards the end, she really reminds me of a younger Sara Michelle Geller. 

The movie is also surprisingly positive for a slasher.  As the movie goes on, she realizes that she really isn't who she wants to be and slowly starts to become a much better person. 

At one point we have a nice montage of her spying on people and getting killed and she tries to narrow her suspect list down. 

While it's not a bad movie, I'd wait for an un-rated DVD release.  The theatrical version is PG-13 and could really uses some more blood. 

Two minor things that bother me though.  One, at one point, mentions that she doesn't feel she has that many chances left and it's shown that her injuries doesn't heal completely between days, yet this isn't really followed up on. 

Second... what kind of school uses a baby as their mascot? 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »

I gotta stop watching clunkers this Halloween season.  What's wrong with me?  I need to go back to the good stuff. 

So, Dr. Victory Frankenstein, a douchey looking tool college Professor (he teaches the Philosophy of Medicine) is buying body parts from a sleazy sketchy janitor so he can put them together and try to bring them to life. 

His girlfriend, who, like him, looks more like a college student than a college professor, has recently came back from an trip to  Egypt and they brought back with them a supposedly cursed mummy. 

Doc Frankenstein eventually finds out that his source for human body parts has been killing people for them when the janitor threatens him if he doesn't get paid more.  There's a scuffle where the janitor ends up dead and Frankenstein buts his homicidal brain in the monster he's building. 

Meanwhile, the mummy possesses somebody who then uses a sacrifice to actually bring the mummy back to life (or something.)  Both monsters become obsessed with the girl and with ten minutes left in the movie, they meet and fight each other for her. 

While I appreciate the fact that they didn't use any CG (all the effects are practice) the movie itself is dull at best.  The Mummy design isn't bad though. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 11:54:52 PM »

Yeh-yer reviewing a lot of s**t. Of course this is BAD MOVIES-so-wtf-somebody gotta do it. Thumbup
Hell man,my sweetie Tiana added PLUTO to her Roko-which has f**king Asylum movies-and she watches them-and-as her old man-I have to watch them and be QUITE!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:58:12 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »

Ghostbusters

After being kicked out of the university they work for, a group of scientists start a business capturing ghosts.  Along the way, they have to put up with the EPA, a surely secretary, a possessed client, a 50 foot marshmallow man and an ancient Sumerian god. 

I said I needed to watch a few more good movies, so here we go.  One of the BEST movies every made.  if you havemn't watched this movie this Halloween season .. what's wrong with you? 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 09:34:43 PM »

A man comes to an old creepy castle with a working torture chamber to inquire about the death of his sister.  There he finds her husband (Vincent Price) is heavily traumatized.  There's an aire of secrecy about the place as they seem to not be telling him the truth about what happened to her and his inquiries may just push Vincent's character, already teetering on the edge of sanity right over it.  That is, if his wife's ghost doesn't do it first. 

Personally, this is by far myfavorite of all Vincent Price's movies.  While a bit formulaic, the performances and atmosphere are great, with Vincent going from fearful to mournful to outright crackling evil. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.