Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:45 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The October Halloween Horror topic!  (Read 21261 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 07:22:36 AM »

I gotta stop watching clunkers this Halloween season.  What's wrong with me?  I need to go back to the good stuff. 

So, Dr. Victory Frankenstein, a douchey looking tool college Professor (he teaches the Philosophy of Medicine) is buying body parts from a sleazy sketchy janitor so he can put them together and try to bring them to life. 

His girlfriend, who, like him, looks more like a college student than a college professor, has recently came back from an trip to  Egypt and they brought back with them a supposedly cursed mummy. 

Doc Frankenstein eventually finds out that his source for human body parts has been killing people for them when the janitor threatens him if he doesn't get paid more.  There's a scuffle where the janitor ends up dead and Frankenstein buts his homicidal brain in the monster he's building. 

Meanwhile, the mummy possesses somebody who then uses a sacrifice to actually bring the mummy back to life (or something.)  Both monsters become obsessed with the girl and with ten minutes left in the movie, they meet and fight each other for her. 

While I appreciate the fact that they didn't use any CG (all the effects are practice) the movie itself is dull at best.  The Mummy design isn't bad though. 

You have my sympathy. I bought this turkey too.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »

A man comes to an old creepy castle with a working torture chamber to inquire about the death of his sister.  There he finds her husband (Vincent Price) is heavily traumatized.  There's an aire of secrecy about the place as they seem to not be telling him the truth about what happened to her and his inquiries may just push Vincent's character, already teetering on the edge of sanity right over it.  That is, if his wife's ghost doesn't do it first. 

Personally, this is by far myfavorite of all Vincent Price's movies.  While a bit formulaic, the performances and atmosphere are great, with Vincent going from fearful to mournful to outright crackling evil. 

Of Vinnie's Poe movies-it's my favorite too. Of ALL his movies-I gotta go with THEATER OF BLOOD or the PHIBES movies.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »

Terrorvision

An alien civilization has the perfect way to get rid of their garbage.  Transform it into energy and shoot it harmlessly into space.  Well, it would have been the perfect way, if a highly eccentric human family 's satellite dish hadn't picked up the transmission by mistake.  Worse, this transmission contains an extremely dangerous and very hungry monster, and only the young son of the family knows what's going on.

This is a very fun movie.  The entire cast is over the top.  There's an 80s glam sister and her heavy metal boyfriend, the military survivalist grandpa, and swinger mom and dad, and the busty surly and even more shameless Elvira clone called Medusa. 

The monster to is top notch, looking suitably nasty and slimy and still like nothing else ever seen. 

There's also a very catchy theme song. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »

I seen it. Any movie with Mary Wornov is ok with me! Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »

love terror vision, it's hilarious!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »

Friday the 13th Part VI:  Jason Lives

Tommy Jarvis a survivor of one of Jason's previous massacres, decided to go back to Crystal Lake, dig up Jason's body and dispose of it once and for all.  However, when he tries, it's stuck by lightning, reviving Jason and making him more dangerous than ever.  Now Jason is on the loose, the police think Tommy is the mad man who's killing people, and a new batch of campers has just arrives at Jason's favorite slaughtering ground. 

While not the best Friday the 13th, it;s nowhere near the worst either. Plus it gets extra points for an awesome Alice Cooper theme song and being the movie that turned Jason into a killer zombie rather than just a murderer in a mask. 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2017, 11:10:41 PM »

Zombie Lake

Dead nazis who were previously thrown into a lake near a small town are now raising from the dead to terrorize people (most undressed women) and walk around with their arms stretched out in front of them.  They also have really bad makeup that looks smeared and actually seems to be falling off in a few scenes. 

But there's lots of nice nudity.  So it's got that going for it. 

The movie itself is slow, with a dreamy like soundtrack that gives the whole thing a rather lethargic feeling.  There's also an odd subplot about a little girl being reunited with her (now zombie) Nazi father. 

It's an odd movie worth checking out simply because it's odd. 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »

Trick 'r Treat

Jack o'Lanterns, serial killers, monsters, slutty girls in slutty costumes, candy, and vengeance from beyond the grave, this movie weaves a wonder series of interconnecting anthology tales all taking place in one town on Halloween.  On top of that, there's Sam, a mysterious child sized figure that  seems to appear to enforce the rules of Halloween.  

This movie is about as Halloween as you can get with having Vincent Price and Bela Lugosi juggling jack o' lanterns.  

This is a MUST see for Halloween.  

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 09:17:16 PM »

I reckon I gotta see TRICK OR TREAT ! What year is this?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »

It came out about five years ago.  I loved it! Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »

Blade II

A Marvel movie before there was Marvel Movies.  When a new threat even worse than vampires appears, Blade has to join forces with an elite vampire squad that's been training for years to kill him. 

I LOVE Snipes's performance in the Blade movies (well, the first two anyway) and the new type of vampire designed for this movie just looks wonderful.  Also, it's late, I'm tired, and this movie deserves a better write-up than this. 

Good movie.  It has people killing vampires with a katana.   

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »

I love that box art.  So simple and to the point. 

Arriving at a secluded cabin in the woods with his girlfriend, Ash inadvertently unleashes dark spirits in the woods that possess and kill her, and nearly him as well.  He even has to cut off his own hand with a chainsaw to save himself.  Pushed to the limits and past the breaking point of sanity and trapped with strangers that don't trust or believe him, he has to fight off the demons until daybreak. 

Evil Dead II is a lot less nasty than the first and a lot less funny than the third, but isn't a bad movie by any stretch.  It's still quite humorous and extremely bloody and painful looking in scenes. 

I actually first watched the Evil Dead series in reverse order.  I saw Army of Darkness first, then 2, then 1.  Putting them together, I was under the impression that whatever got Ash at the end of Evil Dead 1 let him live for whatever reason and influenced him to bring a second girlfriend back to the cabin.  How he got two different girlfriends named Linda, I never quite figured out.  It wasn't until many many years later I read that the start of 2 was supposed to be a sort of remake of the end of the first one.  I suppose that makes more sense but it's less fun. 

Also, while Ash first becomes the snarky wise@$$ we see later in the series and spinoffs it's clear in this one that it's just because he was pushed far past his breaking point.  That's one thing I don't like in later comics,games, tv show, whatever adaptions.  he was a nice guy, maybe even a bit nerdy, and the deadites in this movie just break him. 

Still, great movie.  I mean, it's got a crazed, blood soaked maniac with a chainsaw for a hand, and he's the GOOD guy.     

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 10:55:45 PM »

Well, here's a really odd choice for my movie watching ...

Faust

A 1926, German silent movie. 

The devil and a angel with pretty impressive armor and a neat sword make a bet as to whether or not the devil can destroy what is divine in a righteous man's soul.  The subject of their bet is an aged alchemist who's town has recently been struck by the plague.  He offers his soul to the devil for power, youth, and the devil's servitude.  However he quickly grows tired of a life of debauchery and falls in love with an innocent beautiful young girl, which eventually leads to his downfall and redemption in one. 

I watched the two hour version.   Apparently there are shorter cuts of the movie, which is a good thing, because it did drag at times.  This movie is regarded as revolutionary for it's time, drastically changing how movies where shot.  It also inspired the Night on Bald Mountain scene in Fantasia, and the Prince Ali scene in Disney's Aladdin.   

It was a bit slow for my taste though and I can't say I really recommend it.  Of course, I'm not a big silent movie fan either. 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 08:47:27 PM »

The Fear Halloween Night

A group of friends go to the main characters grandparent's house for Halloween to inact an ancient Indian ceremony to help them face their fears.  The main guy's fear just happens to be the fact that he watched his dad kill him om when he was young and worries he might end up just like him.  The ceremony uses a lifesized wooden man called Morty, who somehow ends up coming to life and killing the people in ways that utilize their fears. 

The movie is a farily decent slasher that under utilizes it's idea.  While it builds up the physiological terror aspect, the characters don't react in realistic enough ways to sell it.  Likewise while Morty is a fair cool looking killer, his portrait is hurt badly by the budget.  he's supposed to be made of wood, but you can see the suit the actor is wearing bend in some very not wood like ways. 

And for some reason they decide to have him making wisecracks when a silent Jason or Michael Myers style killer would have worked so much better. 
stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 09:25:10 PM »

My favorite genre, got to love horror. I will be doing a movie marathon of Wes Craven's classic, Scream (Stab the movies).

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.