Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:03:11 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The October Halloween Horror topic!  (Read 21265 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2017, 07:13:42 AM »

I really enjoyed FAUST-but of course I love old German silent films. Murnau also did the classic NOSFERATU (1922) and Conrad Veidt's DER JANUSKOPF (1920) -a version of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (which also featured Bela Lugosi) that is now lost. It saddens me to think if he had lived longer (he died in a car accident in 1931) what more horrors he could have given us.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2017, 04:20:18 PM »

Did Bela play the Jekyll and Hyde character?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2017, 07:40:21 PM »

so far this month I've only watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show and right now John Carpetner's The Thing  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

Did Bela play the Jekyll and Hyde character?

No-Conrad Veidt did. Bela played his butler.

Veidt is center-Lugosi is to the far right.

Veidt's character's name was changed to Dr. Warren and Mr.O'Conner due to Murnau's failure to get a copyright-hence all copies of the film were ordered destroyed by the courts.
 Murnau also failed to secure the rights to NOSFERATU-and Bram Stoker's widow sued him as well-and-again-all copies of that film were ordered destroyed. Thankfully-a few prints survived of that classic.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2017, 10:45:34 PM »

so far this month I've only watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show and right now John Carpetner's The Thing  Thumbup
You're slacking man.  You gotta get about twenty more movies in.  If you stay up for 24 ours just watching movies you can usually get about 16 of them in.   Wink

Tonight's movie ... in the Mouth of Madness

An insurance investigator takes a job with a publishing company looking for their top author, who has disappeared.  The investigation takes them to a town right out of the author's works, a town that shoulodn't exist.  It seems that what the author has been writing is starting to come true, and the author writes deeply disturbing horror tales.

In the Mouth of Madness is pretty much perfect in every way.  It manages to capture the feel of oppressive unexplainable horror in a way that no other movie has.  Despite not actually being a Lovecraft movie, movie ever made.  

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 05:59:47 AM »

I LOVE this movie!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »

Van Helsing

Van Helsing, an amnesiac that serves as a monster hunter for a secret religious order is sent to Transylvania to stop Dracula.  Along with a gypsy princess and a friar that serves as his tech man, they have to stop Dracula and his brides from reviving their thousands of still born vampire children.  Of course to do this, Dracula needs the Frankenstein's monster and the wolfman.

The movie suffers a bit from having too much going on and trying to explain all of it at times.  It's also a bit too glossy CG when more practical effects would have given it more of the feel it was going for.  Still, the movie tends to be a lot of fun and a nice tribute to the monster movies of old.  Especially the black and white opening.  

« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:15:17 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »

just popped in The Shining -- Kubrick's film, not the miniseries

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »

just popped in The Shining -- Kubrick's film, not the miniseries

Me and Tiana watched that 2 days ago! Perfect Halloween movie!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 05:28:59 PM »

Oh, that would be a great Halloween movie ... but I don't own a copy!

Arghh!
316zombie
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 07:04:53 PM »

tonight we start the halloween weekend anthology marathon! we will start( and end) with my beloved monster club!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2017, 09:29:41 PM »

Nice choice.  I'm interested in seeing what movies you've picked out for your marathon. 

Tonight, my movie was ...

Killer Clowns from Outer Space. 

The movie is about ... killer clowns from outer space.  I mean, seriously.  With that kind of title, what did you expect it to be about?  Creepy clown looking aliens come down and start killing people and wrapping them up in cotton candy so they can drink their blood later. 

The movie itself is far more humor than horror, although it manages to be incredibly creepy in scenes.  The parade through town is an especially great moment.  The shadow puppet scene was also nicely done.  As far as evil clowns go, this is one of the best evil clown movies you're going to find.  Too many movies try to make them gross and horrorific.  This movie finds the nice balance of bright colorful and still deformed.     

It also has my favorite disbelieving cop of any horror movie. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2017, 09:37:01 PM »

Finished The Silence of the Lambs bit ago

316zombie
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »

today is -
monster club
the house that dripped blood
tales of terror
tales from the crypt
from beyond the grave
 trilogy of terror( original)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 10:20:18 PM »

I'm watching Rockula right now and questioning my decision to

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.