Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:04 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The October Halloween Horror topic!  (Read 21263 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »

The Lost Boys

Having just gotten a divorce, a mother and her two sons move back in with her father in a small California town.  Soon, however, the older son falls in with a bad crowd ... a group of rebellious teenage vampires!  Thankfully, the younger of the two boys makes friends with two would-be vampire hunters that work out of a comicbook shop.    

This is THE teenage vampire movie.  Accept no substitutions.  It's got both Coreys, Kiefer Sutherland, the guy from Bill and Ted that wasn't Keanu Reeves, and tons of great lines.  In fact, the last line in the movie may be one of the greatest last lines in ANY movie.  

It manages to be both scary, and funny when it needs to be.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2017, 09:21:51 PM »

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

A recently engaged couple's car breaks down in the rain they seek shelter in a creepy castle they just passed. The castle just happens to belong to some murderous and very *ahem* sexually liberated aliens, one of which is building his own man.

This movie is a campy tribute to old B-movies and happens to be wrong in all the right ways.  Plus it's got some excellent performances and very catchy songs.  Really though, you just can't go wrong with Tim Curry camping it up to his heart's content. 

stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2017, 11:30:52 PM »

The Bride - Svyatoslav Podgaevskiy

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2017, 11:47:47 PM »

Great movie suggestions that you have here, I am planning to do a horror movie marathon a day before all souls day.

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2017, 12:38:52 AM »

I dunno man-the LOST BOYS seemed like MTV vampires. And I won't comment on the Rocky Horror thing because this aint the thread to do it.
Ok-I will comment on Rocky Horror.
Rocky Horror started as a stage show in NYC. At the time-my art teacher in VoTech in commercial art class pushed this s**t on us-being as she was a NY hippie. I hated it.  a Broadway show with self important hippie contentions. So when the movie came out-ugh. Just more of the same NYC art crowd that made it famous on stage-and I hated that crowd. They thought my art was "sick" and "sadistic".  Aw f**k em. I never got over that. It was 1979. f**k that movie and f**k Rocky Horror-which is a drag queen's movie--hence-I dont like it. And most drag queens that I've meet are b***hes. They were with that Andy Warhol- "I'm cooler than you" set. f**k them. Except Wayne County is alright. Wayne County is cool. I saw him at the Mudd Club. I din't talk to him-but I saw him.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:56:58 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2017, 03:23:35 PM »

yesterday was
creepshow
creepshow 2
cat's eye
tales that witness madness
asylum

today will be shorter, due to work.
red midnight
from a whisper to a scream
tales from the darkside
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »

yesterday was
creepshow
creepshow 2
cat's eye
asylum

red midnight
tales from the darkside

I would recommend DEAD OF NIGHT (1945) if you can find it-great British anthology.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2017, 11:38:02 PM »

One more day till Halloween Silver Shamrock.

... Okay.  it's actually after midnight as I'm writting this, but that doesn't count.  I started watching it well before midnight.  What did I start watching ...

Halloween III:  Season of the Witch

Famous for being the Halloween without Micheal Myers, this still manges to be a great Halloween (the holiday) movie even if it's not a good Halloween (the franchise) movie.  A man's investigating a strange death which leads him to a plot to murder children across the country using Hightech black magic Halloween masks.  Bizarre, but enjoyable. 

316zombie
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2017, 12:02:26 AM »

yesterday was
creepshow
creepshow 2
cat's eye
asylum

red midnight
tales from the darkside

I would recommend DEAD OF NIGHT (1945) if you can find it-great British anthology.

http://youtu.be/8UCJz617E8s

oh yes! but that's one we do for winter solstice/yule . it's an amazingly good movie,isn't it?
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »

I wish I could end this on some epic be all end all movie, but I can't.  There's no big grand finale.

I'm watching Cabin in the Woods.  If nothing else, it probably has more monsters than most any other horror movie I've seen. 

A group of friends go to a secluded cabin in the woods ... and if I tell you any more than that, I'm spoiling it for you.  Watch it. 

My only real complaint is the stoner character that acts like he's smarter than everyone (you know the type) is often treated as right by the movie. 

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »

I'm watching The Blob  TeddyR TeddyR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
316zombie
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »

our finale was 3 volumes of tales of terror from tokyo..and monster club!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »

Monster Club sounds like a nice movie to close with. 
beat_truck
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »

I watch horror movies all year round when the mood strikes, but the last for October was:
Dracula A.D. 1972  w/ Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee
London hippies resurrect Dracula Smile cheesy, but entertaining enough
316zombie
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2017, 01:43:16 AM »

Monster Club sounds like a nice movie to close with. 
we opened the marathon with it too, lol! if it's possible to wear out a dvd, that'll be the first one.
yeah,i'm a little obsessed...;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The October Halloween Horror topic! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.