Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:35 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Behavior In School « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad Behavior In School  (Read 1915 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 16, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »

Cherry bombs down toilets? Wet willy the occasional nerd? Vaseline the door handles then pull the fire alarm? Angel dust in the punch at prom? Did you know more than they thought you did about that missing jock?

So, anyone ever act up in your school days? (The statute of limitations is probably over.)

Me, I rarely did anything bad, and for a long time I was one of those types they'd show off as an example when important visitors came along (after reading that admission feel free to puke on me), but as I mentioned I did shove the leader of the b***h Posse down hard one time (got in trouble for it) and I did used to use nail polish to write EMMR 97 in places someone would be likely to see one day, under tables and atop bathroom stalls, beneath hand rails. I considered that less about vandalism than leaving micro-time capsules.

I p**sed off the gym teacher by refusing to play on the school tennis squad, even though I was gearing up to enter Jr. USTA and had won multiple amateur tournaments. I told her, "I hate team sports." (She also tended to leer a bit at girls in shorts and tennis skirts.) In gym she'd make me go up against her pet players and I'd take them in straight sets, and she was the only teacher I ever had who wound up passionately hating me, mostly for all that.

But to balance it out I had an as-close-to-real-friendship-as-it-got relationship with my academic adviser, this twenty-something Floridian with a brand new MA in Education from (I think) Georgetown, whose entire job was to run the program I was in and monitor us all like prized orchids, and I'd talk to him a lot, often in ways that were not school-related, which was maybe not entirely wise.

He tried to keep me happy with the program when in my last couple years I'd done a 180 and wasn't so compliant and safe anymore, I was a walking cynic about school, living admittedly ahead of my years, and he'd let me hang out in his empty office sometimes to get away from it all, and I knew he was also working for the other side, sure, but I wasn't ready to learn one day how much he did sell me out, so I went off on him when it was just the two of us and told him this all had nothing to do with him being on staff there and me being a student, what he did to me was a person-to-person betrayal and he knew it.

Well, although he never came out and confirmed it since he worked at a religious school in a less tolerant era, I was 90% sure he was gay, and I concluded my rant with, "Why don't you go blow some man and quit selling me out?"

And you know what he did? He laughed and said, "Well, I would but at the moment the man I usually blow is out of town."

I thought, wow, he just said it's true???

I stared at him a second and started laughing and so did he. I was even more surprised he was apparently going to let me get away with saying that to a staff member. He ended up hugging me and saying nice things and I felt better about him doing his job, which is what reporting back about me and all of us was.

Still, he must have told someone, because later that year when my father was making a list of all the things I'd been doing wrong, beginning with telling lies and ending much higher up the  food chain, one of the charges was, ("....telling your adviser to go blow a man...")

So the adviser obviously did rat me out after all, less shocking for a moment than hearing my dad say something like that.

That little rant of mine sticks out in my mind as being un-nice but I also drove off a few times, usually to go walk around a cemetery and think (I am not kidding). For that they took away my parking privileges eventually, but I got them back, largely through the help of my adviser, who was cool to me whenever he could be, though sadly, his final verdict at the end of 12th grade was that no student had ever disappointed him more than I had. (Mostly by turning down an admissions offer from a university that would have looked good on his resume. He was ambitious.)

I guess there's also the fact I would've just plain been expelled if they knew about my living arrangement in my last semester, since no matter how good your grades are and what university you're getting into, there are some things a Catholic high school would not let slide, and also while I never cheated on tests or exams, I did help others do it.

So in short I was a homophobic, borderline necrophiliac goody-two shoes with zero street cred. Yes! Hopefully all of you were way cooler.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:25:55 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »

My Dad was the local Baptist minister and my Mom was the senior English teacher, so my rebellion took more the form of weirdness (wearing a WWI aviator's cap and goggles to school every day my freshman year) than instead of doing "bad" stuff.  For one thing, Dad's sermons took to some degree and I really didn't want to be "bad" most of the time.   
There was the infamous Dairy Queen prank my senior year, but technically that was at work, not at school.  But it was the highlight of my senior year!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:54:47 PM »

i went to an accredited vocational/technical high school my last 2 years, in electronics. poster child for ace grades, the only girl in all my classes. looked like a secretary, except for purple hair.
  my boyfriend was in auto repair( he was dumber than a brick, but BEAUTIFUL) , and his shop teacher ragged on me constantly about having the nerve to NOT be in a " girly" shop.
  so i superglued all of the shop doors closed while my BF was recovering from a broken arm. they had to remove the whole doorjambs to get the shop open, took 3 days. i told him i did it. with no one else around. the principal didn't believe him, thought HE did it and blamed me, and he was suspended from teaching the rest of my junior year. needless to say, he NEVER messed with me again. or any other girl in a" manly" shop either.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:44:32 AM »

i went to an accredited vocational/technical high school my last 2 years, in electronics. poster child for ace grades, the only girl in all my classes. looked like a secretary, except for purple hair.
  my boyfriend was in auto repair( he was dumber than a brick, but BEAUTIFUL) , and his shop teacher ragged on me constantly about having the nerve to NOT be in a " girly" shop.
  so i superglued all of the shop doors closed while my BF was recovering from a broken arm. they had to remove the whole doorjambs to get the shop open, took 3 days. i told him i did it. with no one else around. the principal didn't believe him, thought HE did it and blamed me, and he was suspended from teaching the rest of my junior year. needless to say, he NEVER messed with me again. or any other girl in a" manly" shop either.

That is perfection itself.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »

Let me see...
I was a pretty quite student-until my sophmore year,and I guess hormones or something took over-because I smoked pot every day-on the bus,in the bathrooms,on the roof,and in the back of art class.That was in 1978.
I dropped acid in history class with my freind Lance Ludwig-who,when Mr.Devore gave him a F on his report on Geronimo-told Devore to f**k off. Devore told him to leave-Lance said "make me." Devore came at him and Lance picked up his book and hit him in the noggin and walked out. Devore said some s**t like-"That's what you get when your mother breeds with apes".
All the kiss assers were giggling.Lance was a American Indian buff-an outdoorsman and a good freind. I yelled at him-'What your mother do? f**k a pig?"
He came at me-I stood up to walk out-he grabbed me by the throat and nailed me to the wall-so I spit in his face . I got kicked out for a month. I never went to his class again. I always skipped it and went into the grapes next to the school and got high. This was about 1979. "1979-was a very good yeeeear.. a  ver-" Ah! It sucked. I never went back for my senior year. I quit school.

Yup-that's right-I don't have a high school diploma.

Oh-by the way-my report was on Hitler's SS-I got an A. I was an A student in history. I wasn't stupid-just angry all the time.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:14:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 06:22:52 AM »

In high school (1980 - 1984) the headmaster and I shared an office.  Wink

I wasn't one of those kids who really caused trouble but I once took down the school bully: putting him into hospital for almost a month. After that, people pretty much left me alone.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Behavior In School « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.