Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:14:27 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Silly Questions people have asked YOU-! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Silly Questions people have asked YOU-!  (Read 4267 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: October 20, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »

Trevor's  thread about silly questions got me thinking-what silly or just plain stupid have people asked you?

I ran my bike into a guard rail in front of Waggoners Groceries in 2003 and I had blood running from my nose.  Some moron see's me in the store and asks-"Are you bleeding?"  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »

I had a person look at my collection one time and ask me:  "Did someone make arrowheads or do they form naturally?"
Also, this isn't really a question, but I did have an old-timer tell me arrowheads were what happened when lightning struck a rock!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »

I had a person look at my collection one time and ask me:  "Did someone make arrowheads or do they form naturally?"
Also, this isn't really a question, but I did have an old-timer tell me arrowheads were what happened when lightning struck a rock!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 07:13:40 AM »

I've been asked if we have toilets in Africa and how we deal with the wild animals roaming around.

That and Brother Javakoala asking about the koala races in Hillbrow.  BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »

generally this question comes to me at work,after someone has talked to me on the phone. then they meet me in person and i hear....YOU'RE A GIRL???? then i hear you're so TINY!!
   i have a male first name, and a very deep voice for a woman, especially one my size, i'm a scant 5'1" and a buck twenty sopping wet with work clothes and shoes on.
   it used to annoy me, but the older i get, the funnier it gets!  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 04:52:34 AM »

Aside from a really stupid question I've mentioned in another thread, I've also been asked what time the one o'clock gun is fired in Edinburgh.

I think the worst though was after I'd been stabbed in the leg, when the doctor wrapped her finger around something hanging out my leg and ripped it out then asked "Did that hurt?" as I roared in pain.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:15:20 AM »

Not really a silly question but I get asked by Germans after they read my name (Bryan) how it is pronounced, or they just say it like this,

Brie-Ann
or
Bry-Jan
or
Brie-Yen
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 09:05:36 AM »

Not really a silly question but I get asked by Germans after they read my name (Bryan) how it is pronounced, or they just say it like this,

Brie-Ann
or
Bry-Jan
or
Brie-Yen

Names have always given Germans problems, and many historians think that contributed to them losing the war. Some Wehrmacht private would see an enemy drawing a bead on a fellow Landser and yell, "Get down Hein...Hein...uh, Heinreich, Heinrich!" But by then the Russian would have ventilated his poor friend.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »

When I was a little kid I got lost briefly at the Macy's parade after wandering away from my Dad. I told this story to someone from my sister's husband's family and she goes "did they ever find you?"
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

i feel your pain, bryan, my name is barri.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »

My wife just asked me who James Mason was.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »

I've been asked if we have toilets in Africa

Well, DO you?  TeddyR

I'm a fairly tall dude (6-foot-6 and a half inches) so for much of my teenage and college life the first thing people would ask when I met them for the first time was "Wow, you're tall, do you play basketball?"

...I got so tired of responding "No, I don't, in fact I suck at it" that I thought of having it printed on a t-shirt or a button to save myself the time and trouble. :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
AoTFan

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »

I've been asked if we have toilets in Africa

Well, DO you?  TeddyR

I'm a fairly tall dude (6-foot-6 and a half inches) so for much of my teenage and college life the first thing people would ask when I met them for the first time was "Wow, you're tall, do you play basketball?"

Being roughly the same height, I got the SAME questions a lot (that or the variant, "Do you play football.")  Neatly enough, none of my COACHES ever asked me that question...

BTW.. funny response, if a real short person ask you this, you can reply, "No, do you pick mushrooms?"
AoTFan

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »

Let's see... been asked a lot of silly questions by this guy I used to give a ride to work with.  It's was really weird, because it seemed like nearly every word I'd use over two syllables I had to explain to him.  (Which, okay, fine, he wasn't that well read), but I'd also get questions from him like, "What's a T-Rex?"  (I mean, seriously?  How do you grow up not knowing what a T-Rex is??)  I explained it was for Tyrannosaurus Rex and, not wanting to just assume he knew what that was, I explained it was a really big dinosaur with two big back legs and two small front arms.

He'd also apparently never heard the expression "wide-eyed look" before (in fact, he thought I'd said, "WHITE eyed look.") And didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the really annoying sound you hear when you rub an inflated balloon.

(shrugs)

Maybe I'm the weird one though for actually knowing that stuff, who knows?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:02:05 PM by AoTFan » Logged
stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »

Former Colleague: What will I do with google?

Facepalm, I have already told her to research about European Football for her to have an idea on how to write a sports news.

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Silly Questions people have asked YOU-! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.