Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:25:04 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your typical lunch/break food at work? On the way to work? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's your typical lunch/break food at work? On the way to work?  (Read 2827 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: October 31, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »

Just wondering.. what do you typically bring to work to eat at lunchtime or breaktime?  Do you make it at home or do you swing by a drive-thru?  Do you typically eat on the way?  Or do you buy it at or around work?  Cafeteria?  Local restaurants?

Or if you like, what did you bring/eat on FORMER jobs?

Me:
I love when I eat when I'm NOT in the work breakroom-- it's a false bit of freedom, but nice nonetheless.  If my public transportation doesn't connect in a timely manner I'll stop at downtown Portland to grab a steak burrito from the Mexican food cart by the bus stop; if you ever go through downtown Portland their food carts are HEAVENLY!
Typically I just bring a cheese sandwich and apples to work for lunch and grab some Cherry Coke and mustard-onion pretzel bits from the vending machines for my first break.  The last break I chug ice water.  The last job I had I NEVER had time for a proper lunch-- a couple carrots and a peanut butter sandwich in 15 minutes, then I had to go back to work; very demanding!  The previous job was far less demanding; I would get everyone pizzas on Fridays (for 5 bucks a person) and would spring for the pop.  Those were fun (but not well-paying) days.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »

I work from home so I usually go downstairs and have lunch.  It depends what's in the fridge. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 06:22:49 PM »

my last restaurant job i got a free meal every day, so it was usually whatever struck my fancy, with bacon. always bacon.
  on my organizing jobs, it's usually just water, i have to keep my hands clean. if it's a long day, i'll bring sweetarts and dry roasted peanuts.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 06:45:42 PM »

I don't really do lunch. I just have like half a PBJ or something my stomach is tender. I save the big eating for dinner because after dinner I just lounge around.

I don't really like breakfast either it's just stuff in my stomach to soak up the coffee. DINNER MAN I'm a super heroine
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »

Yesterday I had a green tea and a neck rub. lol About once a week I do have a good lunch, by recent tradition usually northern Indian, but mostly I skip lunch.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »

I have a conference period right before lunch, so I tend to hit up the fast food joints nearby.
I rotate between Braum's, Whataburger, Chicken Express, and Yen Jing (Chinese food).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 03:02:29 AM »

Whataburger.

I remember reading what Michael Moore had to say about having one of those in Florida.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 06:31:11 AM »

the place where I work has a "Hands off" attitude to lunch breaks...basically as long as you come back from lunch before the day ends they arnt too fussed. that being said I try and limit myself to a 45 minute break thats about 15 minutes to go out and grab something and half an hour to chill, either catch up with the message boards or youtube and unwind a bit.

As for what I have for lunch Im fairly routine. Monday,tuesday and Thursday I have a Ham subway salad with a little bit of ranch dressing, Wednesday I go to the supermarket and buy some salad and some fruit to make my own and on friday we have an office tradition where we go and grab a footlong...the resulting food coma usually brings the office to a halt from that point on xD

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »

On the way to work I try and munch on a piece of fruit, although more often than not I forget to grab some. For lunchtime since I live quite close to where I work I have the luxuary of being able to walk home and have it with my wife, so I get whatever she has cooked up for me.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 08:08:11 AM »

I generally try to have cereal and coffee before I leave for work: if I'm in a rush, I will stop for a cowpie and Coke along the way.  Smile

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 09:33:33 AM »

I generally try to have cereal and coffee before I leave for work: if I'm in a rush, I will stop for a cowpie and Coke along the way.  Smile

Hmmm, where I come from a cowpie is something you leave on your principal's porch inside a burning bag, but you doooon't eat them.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »

When I worked at an office I would take a sandwich and a piece of fruit, though I would frequently eat out (sometimes business lunches).

Now, I usually have a microwave burrito and chips n' salsa.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 01:50:05 AM »

I work shifts so it all depends. When I work mornings I usually buy something for my lunch break at a local bakery on my way to work. They offer a variety of fresh made sandwiches or savory pastries, so I usually find something. There's also a hot lunch option at work which I don't do very often. When I work late shift I bring along a home made sandwich and something called lunch-salad I get at a store. We do have a habit of ordering take out during late shift so I might end up with pizza, gyros or burgers. I don't eat much on night shift, sometimes a small container of mixed nuts or crackers with a dip.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 02:14:36 AM »

Hmmm, where I come from a cowpie is something you leave on your principal's porch inside a burning bag, but you doooon't eat them.

You've obviously never had a South African pie (tastes like cowpie) or South African coffee (tastes like brown water) before  Wink

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's your typical lunch/break food at work? On the way to work? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.