Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:24 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Boogey Man (The Bogey Man) (1980) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Boogey Man (The Bogey Man) (1980)  (Read 2153 times)
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« on: January 23, 2018, 06:35:53 PM »

I watched this film for the first time tonight and jeez did I have fun with it! Some absolutely astounding cine and editing and a lovely little soundtrack...this caught me completely off guard as i'd bought it as part of a multipack set of films expecting tat. boy was I wrong! it was a proper diamond in the rough! :)

The Directions a little overly static here and there and there are one or two cast members who are maybe a little less than steller, but the effects for the time are very impressive for a low(ish) budget feature and the scripts real solid stuff  Smile

I read a few reviews from around the time it was released and quite a few people compared it rather unfairly to "Halloween" which came out not too long before this one...but if Im being honest this film personally reminded me more of The Evil dead meets the exorcist with just a hint of Poltergeist...though if I was being lazy I could maybe have compared the numerous POV shots in this movie to the opening of the original Halloween...

Honestly cant reccommend it enough. Im going to be writing a full review of it tomorrow for my youtube channel but I thought I'd just nip in here and say that it's definately worth checking out! :)

stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:35:09 PM »

I haven't seen that classic film, but I have watched the latest one and it ain't good.

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:23:31 AM »

I remember watching this one as a kid and being pretty scared by it at the time, although the scene at the lake caused quite a few laughs with the kiss of death. Avoid the sequel though, which is just an absolute con.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 04:30:44 AM »

I remember watching this one as a kid and being pretty scared by it at the time, although the scene at the lake caused quite a few laughs with the kiss of death. Avoid the sequel though, which is just an absolute con.

That Kiss of death shot made me laugh too xD it was completely out of left field and quite over the top xD the sequel was included on the multipack I bought with the original (it had 4 films on it  Boogey man 1 and 2  and Halloween 4 and 5) to be fair I was in two minds about watching it because the original ends with just the right amount of closure...I may watch it just to see how godawful it can get...though thanks for warning me  BounceGiggle

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:27:38 AM »

The sequel is a waste of your time. It is a guy sitting in a room being interviewed by the police (although if I remember correctly there was no other actors in it than him, its just him talking to the camera. I think he is also the director) while scenes from the film are played and he talks a little bit about the events of the movie. Then right at the end they stick in a shot from a different movie and he says something about the dead started rising. 95% of the movie is recycled footage from the first film.

That really is it. Heed my warning and waste not your life on this. It is the first and to date only DVD I have ever bought, watched once and thrown away. I didn't even keep it to torture people I don't like when they come to visit. Total waste of my money buying it and even over 20 years later I still feel p**sed off about that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:30:46 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 07:34:37 AM »

The sequel is a waste of your time. It is a guy sitting in a room being interviewed by the police (although if I remember correctly there was no other actors in it than him, its just him talking to the camera. I think he is also the director) while scenes from the film are played and he talks a little bit about the events of the movie. Then right at the end they stick in a shot from a different movie and he says something about the dead started rising. 95% of the movie is recycled footage from the first film.

That really is it. Heed my warning and waste not your life on this. It is the first and to date only DVD I have ever bought, watched once and thrown away. I didn't even keep it to torture people I don't like when they come to visit. Total waste of my money buying it and even over 20 years later I still feel p**sed off about that.

Yeesh that sounds godawful O.O I like a good schlock piece every now and then but that just sounds painful (I assume its about 80-90 minutes like the original)
thats a real shame because they had a pretty decent opportunity to do something with that ending in the original. the real pain is that I cant chuck the sequel away without chucking the original too as they're both on a double sided DVD D:

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »

Excellent film! I bought in on a Double Feature DVD with the Cameron Mitchell s**t fest the NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Boogey Man (The Bogey Man) (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.