Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:47 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Unmade movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Unmade movies  (Read 8428 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »

My Best Friend's Birthday

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Best_Friend%27s_Birthday

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »

Here's a list of films planed for Bela Lugosi-(who else?  Lookingup) that never got made-

.the SUICIDE CLUB (1933) with Lugosi and Karloff for Universal Pictures.

.CAGLIOSTRO (1935)Lugosi planed on forming his own production company and this was to be the first film. Due to lack of funds-never happened. Oddly-Universal ran an ad for Karloff as Cagliostro in 1932-which also never happened.

.VAMPIRE OF THE SKIES (935) for Embassy Pictures

.The MYSTERIOUS ABBY (1935)This was to be a series of films  (kinda like the Chan or Mr. Moto movies) in which Lugosi was to play a French Clergyman who solved crimes. Wardrobes tests were photographed-no films.

.the CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI (1935) Concordia Films considered this with Lugosi as Caligari.

.the RETURN OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935) was what the BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN became when Lugosi was considered for a role like that given to Ernest Thesiger.

.BLUEBEARD (1936) a Karloff/Lugosi team up. Never happened.

.the ELECTRIC MAN (1936) with Karloff and Lugosi. The idead was scrapped-until Universal brought it back in 1940 with Lon Chaney Jr. and Lionel Atwill as MAN MADE MONSTER (1940).

.JACK THE RIPPER (1938) with John Barrymore,Lugosi and Karloff.

. the VAMPIRE (1939) was announced by England's Argyle Films.

.the MONSTER OF ZOMBOR (1941) with Karloff / Lugosi. A poster exists-but no film does.

.BRIDE OF THE VAMPIRE (1943) Columbia was to do a sequel to Lugosi's RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE. Alas...

.RETURN OF THE WHITE ZOMBIE (195?) Lugosi told reporters he was to star in a sequel to WHITE ZOMBIE soon-of course....never...

.DR.ACULA  (1953) TV show. He announced this while on YOU ASKED FOR IT in 1953.

.the VAMPIRE'S TOMB (1954) Test footage was shot by Ed Wood. It ended up in PLAN 9.

.the GHOUL GOES WEST (1955) It was to star  Gene Autry, Lugosi,Lon Chaney Jr.,Tor Johnson and John Carradine. Another Ed Wood brainstorm that fizzled.

-and this his is just a partial edited list!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:39:55 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 09:54:06 PM »

I like King Kong vs Godzilla as much as any G-Fan, but I would love it if the original idea of King Kong vs Frankenstein had gotten made. Especially with Willis O'Brien stop motion.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pacman000
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/film/unmadekaiju/

Interesting old Anglefire site about unmade monster movies. Turn on your pop up blocker, or turn off Jscript.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »

James Cameron was going to do a Spider-man movie with Leo DiCaprio as Spider-man and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Dr. Octopus.  

Batman and Robin was going to be followed up by a movie that went back to the darker feel of the Tim Burton movies and would feature Scarecrow and Harley Quinn.  Nicholson was going to return as the Joker in a series of hallucinations.  

Gladiator 2 had a plot so crazy it would have been great.  Maximus is constnatly reincarnated throughout history and involved in almost every conflict from trying to kill Jesus to the Vietnam war.  

There was going to be a sequel to E.T. and it was going to be  a horror movie.  

I'm just going to quote a description I've read about this one.  
Salvador Dali’s “Giraffes on Horseback Salad”
What Was It? A 1937 surrealist comedy screenplay, adapted from Dali’s original idea called “The Surrealist Woman,” which was to feature the Marx Brothers as it stars, alongside a distinctly Dali-esque cast of giraffes in gas masks and dwarves as Groucho et al., the central woman and her suitor journey through a “surrealist cabaret.”
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:24:44 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »

Wink Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

Wink Wink

Reminds me of my sequel screenplay that never got picked up, SEVEN MORE SAMURAI.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »

Wink Wink

Reminds me of my sequel screenplay that never got picked up, SEVEN MORE SAMURAI.

TeddyR TeddyR

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 04:41:34 PM »

The sequel to "District 9" could have been good.

OTOH there have been attempts to do a remake of forbidden planet , which I hope remains an unmade movie.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 10:08:42 PM »

Guillermo del Toro's version of  H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Maddness.  I think he's one of the few directors that could have pulled it off.

Unmade Ray Harryhausen films like Force of the Trojans or People of the Mist

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »

There was talk of another Godfather movie (focusing on Sonny as a younger man). But Mario Puzo died, so they put the kibosh on it.

There have been rumors of a Doc Savage movie for several years, with Shane Black at the helm. At one point, it seemed like Chris Hemsworth was on board to play Doc. Other stories pointed to Vin Diesel. Not sure Vin is the right guy, but he couldn't be as silly as Ron Ely was (or could he?) I think Dwayne Johnson is in the running now.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:54:56 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »

There have been rumors of a Doc Savage movie for several years, with Shane Black at the helm. At one point, it seemed like Chris Hemsworth was on board to play Doc. Other stories pointed to Vin Diesel. Not sure Vin is the right guy, but he couldn't be as silly as Ron Ely was (or could he?) I think Dwayne Johnson is in the running now.

I'm not sure that the silliness of Ron Ely wan't the way to sell it.

Of course, Ralf Möller would have had the perfect look if the show could have been made during his prime. Not sure if he could have suppressed his accent enough.

I have little idea who could pull off the Man of Bronze today. Might have to bring in a promising newcomer.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 07:08:20 AM »

I'm not sure that the silliness of Ron Ely wan't the way to sell it.

Of course, Ralf Möller would have had the perfect look if the show could have been made during his prime. Not sure if he could have suppressed his accent enough.

I have little idea who could pull off the Man of Bronze today. Might have to bring in a promising newcomer.

Actually, Ely wasn't a bad choice. But his performance (and the entire tone of the movie) missed the mark for me. It was obviously aimed at a Saturday matinee audience of 10-year-olds (who probably had no idea who Doc Savage was - - although, I did because I started reading the books when I was around 8). I would have preferred it if it had the look and feel of an Indiana Jones movie. The books are silly, but that's mostly because they are poorly written. I still read them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 09:05:20 AM »

Anne rice wanted interview with the vampire to be done years earlier with rutger hauer.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 03:39:27 AM »

And the vomitorium..."

BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Unmade movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.