Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:09:25 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Disaster Artist (Tommy Wiseau Biopic) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Disaster Artist (Tommy Wiseau Biopic)  (Read 5824 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 06, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »

So there's a move coming out with James Franco playing Tommy Wiseau. I never thought I'd ever say that sentence in my life. Well, the critic rating on RT is already 94% so I'm super interested.
I mean I absolutely adored Tim Burton's "Ed Wood" with Johnny Depp and this is a pretty similar concept. I'm actually pretty hyped for it.
I think I'll show my Dad the original movie.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:26:32 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

316zombie
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:35:15 PM »

yupper, i'm looking forward to this too. not a franco fan,it should be interesting....
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 01:30:09 AM »

The Room was never released in SA so I'm wondering if I need to pay ZAR400 (about $40) for an import DVD of The Room before I see The Disaster Artist?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 01:56:07 AM »

The Room was never released in SA so I'm wondering if I need to pay ZAR400 (about $40) for an import DVD of The Room before I see The Disaster Artist?

I wonder what the experience of watching it solo would be like. It's part of the fun to watch it with a bunch of The Room fan nutcases and revel in the silliness of watching it with a group of likeminded wierdos.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 04:01:46 AM »

I wonder what the experience of watching it solo would be like. It's part of the fun to watch it with a bunch of The Room fan nutcases and revel in the silliness of watching it with a group of likeminded wierdos.

TeddyR TeddyR

Hope you and your family are doing well, Brother D  Thumbup

The clips on Youtube which I have seen caused me to start playing MST3K with the movie and talking back to it  Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 04:06:40 AM »

From the film's official website:

The Disaster Artist is a hilarious and welcome reminder that there is more than one way to become a legend—and no limit to what you can achieve when you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 05:33:02 AM »

You could always just torrent it if you want. It's no fair for you to have to pay more.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »

here it is on YouTube with Spanish subtitles -- enjoy  Smile Smile Smile

! No longer available Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »

I think I'm the opposite of everyone here in this regard.  I'm only aware of Wiseau because of Franco playing him in this thing.  Franco's done some projects I've enjoyed so I'm checking this out.

I've never seen the Room. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »

All I can say is, "Even if this sucks butt water, it will be infinitely better than 'IT!'"

Yes, I actually paid money to see the new "IT!". Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 08:29:16 AM »

All I can say is, "Even if this sucks butt water, it will be infinitely better than 'IT!'"

Yes, I actually paid money to see the new "IT!". Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.

I saw it and there were only three people in the theatre, including myself.

I liked it, but Pennywise wasn't scary - the hobo and that headless thing in the library were - and I liked the fact that the humor in the book stayed in the film.

"Doesn't smell like kaka to me, senor."
"That list is as long as my wang."
"That's not saying much."  Smile

TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »

Living in a rural part of the UK not only is the film not out but it's only being given a limited  "One night only" screening at a cinema in the town over from mine and it starts at 10pm and ends at midnight on a weekday...I dont think its going to be particularly packed xD but Im taking my partner...I really want it to be good as that films helped cement so many of my friendships and relationships over the years xD

Archivist

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 08:25:08 PM »

I was surprised to see The Disaster Artist on the Now Screening board at a popular independent cinema in Melbourne last night.  It was more than a little weird to see a movie about Tommy Wiseau have such a far reach.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »

Archivist

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 12:03:47 AM »

Tommy Wiseau is the long lost DB Cooper??  It would explain why Tommy wears strangely rumpled suits, what with jumping out of a plane in a suit with a bunch of cash.  Whoa.  Buggedout

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Disaster Artist (Tommy Wiseau Biopic) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.