Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:09:04 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  One Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: One Movie  (Read 2636 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: November 13, 2017, 09:03:18 AM »

If someone developed total amnesia after a falling coconut-related incident incurred while vacationing in the tropics, and did not remember a single film she'd ever seen in her life, and wanted to begin all over again seeing all the great movies of the world, what is the first film you'd suggest she see to begin it all? (Obviously not Memento, since that'd be rubbing salt in her wounds.)

One movie, what is it?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »

I'd recommend RIDE THE HIGH WIND, the first African zombie movie.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:51:44 AM »

Avengers. Not the Marvel one, the one that was based on a British TV show. If I had to undergo the pain of watching that I do not see why anyone else should get to forget that pain, especially since Brother Trevor reminded me that this film existed by reviewing it on this very site and caused quite some emotional trauma to me. :P

Only kidding Trevor, we all love you really. :D

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »

CASABLANCA. Classic, wide appeal, doesn't require knowledge of other films to understand it. A great starting point.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:42:24 AM »

You know one film I think I'd recommend is the original version of The Lion in Winter.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »

Fatal Attraction has something for everybody. Adrian Lyne is an underrated director who puts a lot of care into his work. One thing that has always impressed me about it is how believable it all is. This sort of stuff happens all the time.

Most movies are so insanely exaggerated, guys doing high speed car chases and going off the bridge and landing on the back of a truck or something. I haven 't seen many of those on my commute lately
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:46:28 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »

YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU  (1938)

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »

KING KONG (1933)

That Gilligan will never visit the tropics again!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 07:03:21 PM »

STAR WARS

(Ep. IV, AKA the ORIGINAL "Star Wars")

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 01:41:02 AM »

Avengers. Not the Marvel one, the one that was based on a British TV show. If I had to undergo the pain of watching that I do not see why anyone else should get to forget that pain, especially since Brother Trevor reminded me that this film existed by reviewing it on this very site and caused quite some emotional trauma to me. :P

LOL  BounceGiggle TeddyR

You mean the awful 1998 movie version with Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman? *SHUDDER* That film was so bad and my review not much better so I deleted it.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pacman000
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 08:26:27 AM »

Obviously they should start over from the beginning of cinema:

! No longer available Small | Large

Wink

(I know The Horse in Motion was earlier, but that was presented as a series of stills, not as a motion picture.)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »

LOL  BounceGiggle TeddyR

You mean the awful 1998 movie version with Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman? *SHUDDER* That film was so bad and my review not much better so I deleted it.  TeddyR

Yes, the one that was so bad (the movie that is, not your review, I thought that was fine) that I spent about half an hour considering breaking my no negative karma rule for the person who reminded me it existed (but in the end I stuck to my rule and didn't).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 02:07:10 PM »

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »

Dr. Strangelove

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »

LOL  BounceGiggle TeddyR

Yes, the one that was so bad (the movie that is, not your review, I thought that was fine) that I spent about half an hour considering breaking my no negative karma rule for the person who reminded me it existed (but in the end I stuck to my rule and didn't).

Ralph Fiennes was okay. A pregnant Uma Thurman? No.

And why do they always take shows that deal with smaller, more localized threats and issues, but make it an "end of the world as we know it" storyline? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Same with "Suicide Squad". Should have just been an intense "Dirty Dozen" film with a difficult, focused mission, but they opted for "saving the world" instead.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  One Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.