Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:39:57 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why?  (Read 1671 times)
B.D. Nev
« on: May 22, 2002, 10:09:18 PM »

Why is "War of the Gargantuas" so Mint???? Why do I love "Message from Space" as much as I do? and why is Fulci GOD?!?! Please help me.
B.D. Nev
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 10:10:13 PM »

Because you are a looser dude!!!!
Chris K.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 01:13:30 AM »

Why do you like these movies? It's not because you are a looser, but because you understand the films and GET THE POINT. Unlike some of these mainstream people who scoff down at these little independent films even though THEY don't seem to realize that mainstream has made some bad ones, we seem to understand how these little independent gems are good to us (that is if we tolerate these films as being just good or, to some, "so bad it's good").

Some will put down RE-ANIMATOR, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, and THE EVIL DEAD because it does not have an idiodical Mel Gibson hamming it up. Or because Steven Speilberg is not directing it. Or it's not made by a major company like Paramount or 20th Century Fox. No, they don't seem to realize that these films are "original" due to their simple, low budget status. I can imagine EVIL DEAD being a souped-up, big budget, CGI extravaganza and not liking it due to not being a simple little movie made on a small, but tolerable budget.

Those who hate these films we so dearly love will call them "bad" because they are not mainstream. Yes, their are some bad independent flicks out there (the LEPRECHAUN series comes to mind) and need to be forgotten, but other independent films like the ones I just listed above are not "bad". They are just called bad because of being produced on a B-movie budget (technical term: underbudget film). B does not really mean "bad". It's just labeled that way by those who go for something more "well known".

So you understand the films that most people don't get. It's a great gift to be blessed with.

So why do you love these types of films. It's because you understand them.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 06:52:24 AM »

It's not because you are a looser. It's because you are a tighter. :P
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 11:26:36 AM »

Face it, kid, there is a special mind at work in you. Its called Imagination! Or, as i like to call it, "Playing with reality." And brother, i play hard! Thou art not insane, thou art but "Aggressivly eccentric." Like me. Pardon me now, i have to take the kittens out of the microwave genetic Enhancment device, and see if the fangs have started glowing. Thats how you can tell the kittens are ready to sprout wings. But you already knew that.
Jim Brown
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2002, 03:52:31 AM »

Because mianstream movies are getting to be like the radoi stations who only play select songs that they were payed to air.(Which was recently confirmed on 20/20)

Mainstream producers are to full of guys like Stephen King who with a few notable exceptions.

Most of his movies are about 80 of some personal Politically Correct message with about 20 minutes of monster tossed in at the end so they can advertise it as a horror movie to attract the younger crowds.

I'll never forget how jipped I felt when I went to see Cujo at the theatre when I was a liitle kid.

I kept falling asleep because it was an 80 minute soap opera with about 12 minutes of mad dog kills mail man.

Whoop dee blanking doo!Cujo was a rip off!

But the boys in the mainstream use the term Cujo as one of its reference points to horror to keep its name around.

The same way the record companies pay radio stations to play their songs.

Mainstream doesn't represent what is good.They just represent the folks who have the money & equipment to make something good.

But usually don't!

Where as a lot of the boys outside of the mainstream are concentrating on the movie they're doing & not polls,graphics,etc.

In short.They're original!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.