Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:29 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Flipper « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flipper  (Read 2917 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 14, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »

I've been getting into this lately. I don't really know why. I like the idea of living on the shore and having a dolphin around, I guess. Did you know they are somewhat intelligent?

When I was a kid I thought the kid on the show was Flipper. I don't know what I thought the dolphins name was.

Most of the episodes are: something happens in the water like a bad person is trying to like ....steal fish or something I don't know and Flipper sees it and alerts the kids and/or gets caught up in it somehow. A recent one I saw Sandy, the older boy, had a girl he was trying to impress but she was in love with his Dad!! pretty sordid stuff. She wanted to go "tag fish" with him whatever that is.

so it's a good show 5/5

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »

"Tagging" fish is when you clip a small tag onto it-so if it is caught again-you can study it's growth, or whatever.

As far as FLIPPER goes-I remember as a kid being indifferent to it. It was kinda like GENTLE BEN (who was a bear) or LASSIE (who was a dog).

FLIPPER (1963) was a motion picture based on a story by Ricou (CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON) Browning and the TV show debuted the next year.  A feature length sequel was FLIPPER'S NEW ADVENTURE (1964). A new short lived FLIPPER series in the 90's starred Jessica Alba (!), and a film no one seems to ever have seen-FLIPPER (1996) starred Paul Hogan and Elijah Woods.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pacman000
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »

I saw Flipper (1996) in theaters, and I should have a video tape somewhere. Liked it a lot back in the day. A boy goes to live with his off-beat uncle. Makes friends with a dolphin, survives a hurricane, and faces off with a hammerhead shark.

Random memories:

The kid's playing a Game Boy when he first meets Flipper. The Game Boy makes noises, which Flipper imitates. The Game Boy doesn't have anything on it's screen.
------------
Boy: (On the phone) "Uncle so-and-so lets me drink all the beer I want, smoke all the cigarettes I want-"

Boy's Mom: WHAT?!

(Boy gets sick, runs out of room. Uncle picks up phone.)

Uncle: I think he's learned his lesson.
------------
There's a hurricane, and the uncle's house is torn up. He looses an Hawaiian shirt given to him by one of the Beach Boys.
------------
There's an evil fisherman who's doing something bad. (Dumping toxic waste?)
------------
Uncle so-and-so (Paul Hogan) makes money by buying American foods in bulk and selling it to tourists who miss home. This season it's Spaghetti O's.
------------
Uncle so-and-so (Paul Hogan) makes toast with a butane torch. He sticks the bread on a nail in the wall then burns it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:56:39 AM by Pacman000 » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »

and a film no one seems to ever have seen-FLIPPER (1996) starred Paul Hogan and Elijah Woods.

Except for Pacman.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »

I like the idea of living on the shore and having a dolphin around, I guess. Did you know they are somewhat intelligent?

Oh, their intelligent alright.  But if you want your image of Flipper ruined , go look up some of the behavior dolphins have been observed doing.  They can be out right psychopaths. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »

winged serpent - that actually sounds like it would be a better show

Evil Flipper

RC - yeah I never watched Lassie but I know what it is enough to know it has similarities.

The kid has kind of a Brooklyn accent or something he seems to try and hide.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:32:35 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Flipper « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.