Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:10:02 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Italians trying Italian American food « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italians trying Italian American food  (Read 2099 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: November 20, 2017, 04:06:15 PM »

And it's pretty much what one would expect.  Even the Arya Stark lookalike didn't like it.

Small | Large

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
AoTFan

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »

Hmm... something about this bugs me, and I don't know why.

Granted, it also makes me curious as to what "real" Italian food is like.  Maybe if I ate some of it, I'd been thinking, "Holy crap, I've been eating garbage my whole life!!" 

Or maybe I'm so used to the "messed up" food that I find it disgusting, who knows?

Does make me wish I could try it though.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »

Hmm... something about this bugs me, and I don't know why.

Granted, it also makes me curious as to what "real" Italian food is like.  Maybe if I ate some of it, I'd been thinking, "Holy crap, I've been eating garbage my whole life!!" 

Or maybe I'm so used to the "messed up" food that I find it disgusting, who knows?

Does make me wish I could try it though.

I've been over there three times and the food is really good.  Like the one older woman said in the clip, they don't use preservatives as much nor are into the processed food.  I ate plenty over there but combined with the exercise still lost weight. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »

Yeah, the real Italian meals tend to be a lot healthier than what you buy elsewhere. I once saw an Italian chef burst into tears when he saw a 12" stuffed crust pizza was. He couldn't believe people could treat their own bodies that way. A real Mediterranean diet is a good way to eat healthy.

Not that I eat healthily myself. I like my steaks and cheeseburgers and bacon too much.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:25:00 PM »

Pizza is an American food. Italians do not know good pizza. (Not that the meat lover's pizza is a great pizza, but I doubt they would appreciate a NY slice either). Italian pizza is uninspiring.

I never thought of macaroni and cheese as a stab at an Italian dish, either. It's actually British, I believe. But that is not a good-looking plate of mac n' cheese, at any rate. The video definitely stacked the deck against the American dishes.

I spent a semester in Rome and another month or so traveling around Italy. Italians are great people, maybe the friendliest in all of Europe, and great cooks. But they are food snobs, almost as much as the French. (I did have bad meals in Rome---the Italians are far from perfect at cooking their own cuisine).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 01:57:04 AM »

That's because we all know how an authentic Italian taste is.

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »

It's the same with Mexican food. I worked at Honee Bear Canning for 30 years with lotsa Mexicans...and Mexican food is NOTHING like garbage in Mexican fast food joints. This one old woman, My foreman Santos' ma made some dam good eggs with onions and beans and hot peppers with homemade tortilla's-oh my gawd. Would make you sweat. But sooo good! And when they buried a goat or a pig in a pit for a slow cooked pit-hot dam.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Italians trying Italian American food « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.