Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:14 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that really disappointed you. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies that really disappointed you.  (Read 5109 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 23, 2017, 12:21:50 AM »

List some movies that totally disappointed you badly.

Green lantern. God talk about a paint by numbers superhero movie....

Matthew Broderick's Godzilla.  Do I have to give a reason?

Prometheus. Not only a bad movie with central  casting characters but it casts a shadow on Alien, a good movie....

Alien 3. Yeah let's start with killing newt and hicks than make it more depressing!!! WTF were they thinking?

Alien ressurectipn.  Ok, the mercs kidnap colonists in suspended animation and deliver them to evil scientists to infect with aliens, and  we were supposed to hope they didin't get killed? I was disappointed the mercs didnct all die. They deserved to.

Scrooged . Well, leave it to SNL to take a Christmas carol and turn it into something unwatchable.

JJA's star trek. "Die hard in space". There was nothing good about any of them.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:31:42 AM »

Alien 3. Yeah let's start with killing newt and hicks than make it more depressing!!! WTF were they thinking?

The pro-Alien3 crowd will go as far as saying it is better than part 2 or even better than the original. So weird. Than there are the Poltergeist 3 supporters (!) who will claim part 3 is even better than the first. It just boggles the mind  BounceGiggle
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »

Let's see . . . while I am generally pretty easy to please when it comes to movies (I liked all the films listed in the OP except for Prometheus, and ALIEN 3) there are a few that have left me with a bad taste in my mouth over the years.

GANGS OF NEW YORK - I love historical epics, but this thing was way too long and way too boring.  They could have told the story in a little over an hour and hand a nice, punchy 1800's revenge flick, but bloating it to 3 hours made it almost unwatchable.
THE GRUDGE - The trailers made this one look so cool, but it was really lacking in  the plot department.
I'm sure there were others, but those 2 stinkers come first to mind.

*And yes, I am among the handful of people who LIKED the 1998 Godzilla!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 05:48:09 AM »

Warm Bodies. I went in thinking it would be a funny zombie parody. Instead you get a totally by the numbers rom com that is played absolutely straight, although the premise is completely ludicrous. And it has too many plot holes to mention.

For the record, I thought the 1998 Godzilla was a hoot.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »

THE HILLS HAVE EYES

late pass on this. only saw it this year. an unpleasant slog of a movie. the remake is way better even though it falls apart in the 2nd half.

MILLERS CROSSING

love coen bros when theyre on form. I can see what they were going for but I thought the whole tone of this was annoying
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:56:15 AM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 08:00:46 AM »

Into The Woods: I am so happy that I was able to fall asleep in the cinema while this was on. Kristi had been going on about how much she loved the stage show, but both of us hated the movie version.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pacman000
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 09:07:21 AM »

For the record, I thought the 1998 Godzilla was a hoot.

StompTokyo did too: https://web.archive.org/web/19990222121246/http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/godzilla-98.html

3/5 Lava Lamps

I really should try to save some of those reviews before someone decides to shut everything down...
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 01:20:10 PM »

The pro-Alien3 crowd will go as far as saying it is better than part 2 or even better than the original. So weird. Than there are the Poltergeist 3 supporters (!) who will claim part 3 is even better than the first. It just boggles the mind  BounceGiggle

I would never put Alien 3 above the first two, but I feel it was a valid movie. The concept was that Ripley's whole life had become a battle between her and the aliens. Everything that made her human was stripped away. Everyone and everything that mattered -- gone, so the deaths of Newt and Hicks were needed. Even Ripley herself had been violated and was becoming little more than a host for the next wave of aliens.

In the end, she not only reclaimed her humanity by choosing to sacrifice herself to save Mankind, but she surpassed it to "Christ-like" status by showing love for her spawn as she "gives birth" to it.

But, yeah, fan boy whining and lack of non-stop action set pieces should always trump an attempt to do something different. I'd hate to see what the Lord of the Rings books would be like if written now. "I don't like how you handled your creation, so I'll start a petition to demand you re-write it to fan expectations."  Lookingup

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
beat_truck
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:13 PM »

Land of the Dead

I was so excited when I heard it was being made.  I don't completely hate it, but it was a real let down considering how great his original dead trilogy was. Bluesad  Then he went on to make Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.  Ugh. Lookingup
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 06:48:04 PM »

Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life
The whole thing feels slow & unenthusiastic, with the skits running on just a bit too long, the segueways lacking that sort of ADHD Method To Their Madness thing.
Above all, I really noticed an awful lot of scenes in which the cast wasn't so much in the moment, as much as they seemed to be standing around waiting for their cues.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 07:21:02 PM »

Attack of the Clones, Alien 3, Terminator Salvation

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
316zombie
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »

alice through the looking glass was a huge disappointment. i mean, it was okay... but the first one ( i'm talking about the movies with johnny depp, btw) was so good!
    of course, some of the creatures were excellent, but the storyline was very disjointed in comparison to the first movie.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »

THE RING 2.  I knew it would not get anywhere near the awesomeness of the original, but I didn't expect it suck as vigorously as it did!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 03:00:35 PM »

i don't like any of the american remakes of great j-horror. americanizing them,to me,totally destroys the "this movie TOTALLY creeps me out, but i have to watch!" feeling, you know?
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »

I don't know.  I've seen THE RING and RINGU and they are both great films, but I would hesitate to label one "better" than the other.  They are both well done variations on the same theme.  But THE GRUDGE really was horrible.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that really disappointed you. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.