Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:57:29 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that really disappointed you. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies that really disappointed you.  (Read 5108 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »

just watched DUNKIRK

I'm not a huge war film fan per se, but I'd heard so many glowing reviews. first 15 mins showed some kind of promise but after that it was just pure boredom. and why do so many newer films have to have constant incidental music. I swear there was not one single millisecond of the film that didn't have music playing. even when you thought the music had stopped it was actually still playing subtly in the background, lol

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
316zombie
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 07:13:21 PM »

lol@ indi, you know me, i NEVER hesitate to label movies, especially remakes.
  i DO state outside this board that i am TOTALLY judgmental and intensely subjective when i state an opinion though. don't have to say that here, y'all already know that.
  and yes, the grudge was just...pathetic. i suppose i should be grateful that nobody has seriously tried to remake uzumaki....

stine.greta
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2017, 09:36:26 PM »

A Cure for Wellness

A Cure for Wellness has too much going on within its incredibly lengthy runtime. If you’re going to make a 146 minute movie, you need to make sure that each of those minutes are engrossing. Pacing problems and stretches of unnecessary screentime cause A Cure for Wellness to stumble. If they could have made the two and a half hour runtime feel meaningful, that’d be awesome. It’s a shame that so much time is wasted telling a story that never really goes anywhere.

A web developer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 06:53:49 AM »

If we're talking the most recent Dissapointment i've had it'd probably be "The Last Jedi" a real game of two halves that took a (In my personal opinion) overly safe starting point that was the force awakens and literally went in every creative direction it could possibly think to go much like a drowning sailor clinging desperately to what driftwood he/she could scrabble for...first half was painfully slow and a bit all over the place...second half was more coherent but still had problems...not an awful film by any means...just...well...dissapointing...

if we're talking biggest dissapointment I've EVER had...that'd probably be Time bandits...again not a bad film by any margin...its more than compitent...but i'd been so hopeful toward it for years because of it's plot, characters and the creative team behind it...I eventually bought the bluray as I wanted it to be the best quality watch I could have...and it was a total let down...it just didnt sit right with me...I dont know what I was honestly expecting...but it really wasnt what I got...

Fox Sake
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 05:44:31 AM »

Star Wars:The Force Awakens (or "Farce", as I preferred to call it). A very strong sense of deja vu here, and despite some decent sfx the narrative was as shallow as a tear drop in the Sahara desert.
claws
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »

Gerald's Game. The Netflix crowd was raving, so I watched it and I was like, um. Watched it again the next day with a few friends and no one was impressed. Not sure what I'm missing here that others seem to enjoy but I thought this was Mike Flanagan's weakest effort so far. I also thought his other Netflix film Hush was watchable but overrated.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »

I guess "the cloverfield paradox" disappointed me as I went in with low expectations, was encouraged by the quality of the props, sets and sfx plus the good acting then was hit withy a super duper disappointment of a movie.

So i went in not expecting much and was still disappointed.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Archivist

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 10:21:56 PM »

I've mentioned these before, as they rank high on my Disappointment scale.

Titanic and Avatar.  Both by James Cameron, both so awfully predictable.  Top marks for production value, cinematography and editing.  Worst marks for creativity or surprise.

And then there's The Descendants (2011) with George Clooney.  Worst damn movie ever with the dubious honour of being the first movie I've wanted to walk out of.  Every single person in that movie was making stupid decision after stupid decision and somehow this passes for good dramatic cinema.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,136941.0.html

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,137319.msg459663.html#msg459663

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,86271.0.html

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 07:41:01 AM »

*And yes, I am among the handful of people who LIKED the 1998 Godzilla!

Me included: I thought it was a lot of fun, especially Jean Reno always complaining about his coffee  Drink BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that really disappointed you. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.