Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:10 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Name something you miss dearly. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Name something you miss dearly.  (Read 11388 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 23, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »

As someone living in modern America I dearly miss the days when I could access the news media and not be  assaulted by the sight and sound of an inflamed roaring anus with dentures.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
claws
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »

I miss snow, especially around christmas time. We used to have lasting snow from November - April but not anymore for almost two decades.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »

I miss home:  haven't been back to Zimbabwe since 1997.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »

I miss Gayle.  This is now the fourth Christmas without her, which also means without my brother, someone we both treasured and whose memory we kept alive between us.  If we weren't talking horses, cats, or dogs, we talked David.  I loved her from the minute I met her and we were instant friends (I was 7 or 8 and she was 15 or 16).  She loved chocolate.  She loved Monster movies.  She loved scary books.  She loved animals.  A match made in heaven.  She was my sister in law, but more importantly, she was my best friend.  I had to lose her to realize it.  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »

The Grandparental Units.  They're all gone now.  I still go and visit them at their final resting place but it's not the same without them around.  Especially at Christmas.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
beat_truck
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »

First, I still and will always miss my Dad.  He died unexpectedly almost 10 years ago.  I also miss my best friend who died just over a year ago.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »

I miss Gayle.  This is now the fourth Christmas without her, which also means without my brother, someone we both treasured and whose memory we kept alive between us.  If we weren't talking horses, cats, or dogs, we talked David.  I loved her from the minute I met her and we were instant friends (I was 7 or 8 and she was 15 or 16).  She loved chocolate.  She loved Monster movies.  She loved scary books.  She loved animals.  A match made in heaven.  She was my sister in law, but more importantly, she was my best friend.  I had to lose her to realize it.  

I regret your loss.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 08:58:11 PM »

You know when I started this I was thinking of people discussing things they missed. I can't blame people for talking about loved ones now gone though.

To get it back towards the topic i intended, here are some things I miss:

The ability to go online without being constantly bombarded by an infinite numbers and types of ads.

The right to tell a corporation "My personal life is none of your damn business!" without instamaticaly being hit with devastating consequences.

Being able to buy and use something without being hit with constant demands for fees and more fees.

The right to tell police and courts "that's none of your business." without summarily being assaulted, beaten, kidnapped and caged until you obey, or being murdered if you refuse to submit to being assaulted, beaten, kidnapped and caged.

The days when you could exercise a right without risking your life and liberty.

The days when the american people had the guts and strength to say "No!" to the system and back it up.

Privacy.

Unions that protected workers rights.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »

Sometimes, I miss Houston, and I miss having a decent motorcycle, being able to cruise down Westheimer Blvd from downtown all the way out into wide open country...

My sister talked me into moving back to Virginia in the early '90s, because that's where the family is, then, they all started moving away, and/or passing away... The irony. Times I miss the family I knew before I moved to Texas...

I went off my meds last weekend & started thinking about the movie UHF, & with all the boring crap on cable, youtube & whatnot, I kinda miss regionally produced television shows...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 09:41:17 PM »

Sometimes, I miss Houston, and I miss having a decent motorcycle, being able to cruise down Westheimer Blvd from downtown all the way out into wide open country...

My sister talked me into moving back to Virginia in the early '90s, because that's where the family is, then, they all started moving away, and/or passing away... The irony. Times I miss the family I knew before I moved to Texas...

I went off my meds last weekend & started thinking about the movie UHF, & with all the boring crap on cable, youtube & whatnot, I kinda miss regionally produced television shows...

well, Svengoolie is pretty much a regional tv show based on chicago if that helps.

LilCerberus

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »

well, Svengoolie is pretty much a regional tv show based on chicago if that helps.

[/quote]
Yeah, so is this; https://www.facebook.com/MidnightFrightsTV/
It was just in my ADHD, I was thinking about the wide variety of shows, from Bozo knock-offs, to Sailor Bob, some other locally produced educational shows I can't remember the name of... I was thinking about UHF & the breakdown of John Nash & came up with a skit for The Medicated Mathematician, when I remember this locally produced show called The Number Train, and this one episode where the host told the story about an orange whose lifelong ambition was to become a fraction, which, as you can guess, has a certain segway in it that bothered us all... Ah, Math...

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 11:22:47 PM »

This is my first Christmas without my Dad, whom I miss fiercely.  He was the model of everything a husband, father, pastor, and Christian should be for his 90 years on this earth.  Even as Alzheimer's decayed his mind and a variety of physical ailments attacked his body, he bore his pain with grace, dignity, and good humor.  If I can be half the man he was, I will consider my life well lived.

As for THINGS I miss - well, I really miss Hastings.  That store was my second home, my central entertainment source, and a great market to sell my books from.  There is nothing like it around now.  Half Price books is OK, but just not in the same league.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 12:02:32 AM »

Talking to people.
Having ADHD & dysgraphia, getting an im feels every bit as awkward as having to take a dump in a junior high school boys room where none of the stalls have doors, & somebody you don't like walks in & decides to strike up a deliberately nettlesome conversation...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 04:28:12 AM »

I miss my brother Richie.
I miss Tara Sue.
I miss my Ma.

My health. To be able to walk to the mailbox without having to eat a nitro pill.

News stands. That sell cheap comics and monster magazines and UFO paperbacks.

Double feature  Saturday matinees of cheap horror movies.

Being able to plug in a TV set without having to be hooked up to some device.  TRUE free TV.  HD TV ended all that.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2017, 04:33:23 AM »

I miss being able to just get up and go for a run and keep going for as long as I want. I used to think nothing of running four to six hours a day.

I miss enjoying my job.

And I miss the days before mobile phones when people couldn't get in touch with me 24/7.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Name something you miss dearly. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.